Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: LG Aristo offered for $39.99 with $100 refill card

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Free phone w/$100 refill purchase is back. In-store only.

AVAILABLE ONLY IN STORES

Get a FREE select smartphone.

With purchase of a $100 ePin or service credit. Choose from an LG Aristo 2, Moto e5 Play, or T-Mobile® REVVL®.

Plus device tax. Limited time offer; subject to change. While supplies last; participating locations only. $10 SIM Starter Kit and first month qualifying service may be required.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Free phone w/$100 refill purchase is back. In-store only.

AVAILABLE ONLY IN STORES

Get a FREE select smartphone.

With purchase of a $100 ePin or service credit. Choose from an LG Aristo 2, Moto e5 Play, or T-Mobile REVVL.

Plus device tax. Limited time offer; subject to change. While supplies last; participating locations only. $10 SIM Starter Kit and first month qualifying service may be required.
    I'm really really tempted this time around.

I might just do it.

Very very interested in the Moto e5 play.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How hard is it to get the Moto e4 or e5 play unlocked ,
    I am on the old Gold prepaid for the last 10 years !
    And so either have the Band 71 that everyone seems to want ?

Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    How hard is it to get the Moto e4 or e5 play unlocked ,
    I am on the old Gold prepaid for the last 10 years !
    And so either have the Band 71 that everyone seems to want ?

Thanks for the info
    I don't know this for sure.
    But I seem to remember reading that when your account has $100 on it you can request an unlock for it.

NOTE :: I don't know if this is an actual fact or not.
    Might be best to contact T-Mobile and ask them to make sure.

I think that I read that information here on HoFo but it has been quite a while since I had read that.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Belated update, promo is still going on.

Tell the salesman you want them to choose "redeem later" for the ePin
    if you want to unlock your new phone when you get home and bypass the standard waiting period.
    From earlier in the thread. Should be able to switch the phone to your account first, then add the ePIN to qualify the phone for unlocking.

I'm tempted with the Moto E5 Play also. It seems to not only have Band 71, but Band 14 (FirstNet) for AT&T (Per TMO's website).

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I picked up the LG Aristo 2 Plus yesterday while visiting my parents. Didn't go to my local TMobile store because it's always busy. It all went pretty smoothly until I got home.

Store was empty (and this was at lunch time) except for one customer who was just leaving and one other clerk. I asked Joe the clerk if he was familiar with the promo and he had a cheat sheet. Very friendly, helpful guy, not pushy. Only the Revvl was on display. Wasn't sure if the Aristo was in stock so he had to check in back. The E5 Play wasn't on display either, though the E5 Plus was.

At first he wanted to charge me a $25 activation fee but I balked and told him I already had an existing account. So he verified it his system and said no problem. Also asked for an ID which he made a copy of, thought that was odd. Maybe to verify I was the account holder?

I made sure he knew I wanted to get the ePin as 'redeem later', okay fine with him. Paid $100 plus sales tax and 911 fee, $107.20 out the door. Cool. One other thing, I told him earlier that I got my first Aristo via a similar promo, Joe said because of that all sales were final, no returns and any defects would have to be handled by the mfg. Not sure if that's true, maybe I just talked too much and shouldn't have said anything. Anyway he said not to worry no problems with the 2 Plus. As others have reported, he noted the Revvl was problematic.

Then I got home and noticed he had sold me two $50 pins, instead of one $100! Aargh. Will call CS later and see if anything can be done about that. Not a huge deal, just irritating. I've used my old Aristo for about 20 months now and wasn't planning on doing anything else with the 2 Plus on any other carrier. Right now, just waiting for the new phone to 'register' on my account.

*One nice thing is that my old Aristo case and extra screen protectors fit the 2 Plus almost perfectly.
    ** One negative is that the volume slider is no longer on the notification pull down; most phones only have the brightness slider, the Aristo had both which I really liked
    *** October security patch loaded as soon as I started setting up the phone.
    **** The Moroccan Blue back plate was less impressive than I expected.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would sure like to get my hands on an Aristo 2 Plus, but I have absolutely no need for any additional airtime.

I'll be cruising eBay for a used one sometime soon, or an equivalent (got to have band 71!).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I would sure like to get my hands on an Aristo 2 Plus, but I have absolutely no need for any additional airtime.

I'll be cruising eBay for a used one sometime soon, or an equivalent (got to have band 71!).
    I noticed several of the T-Mobile Moto e5 play on eBay.
    Suspect that they were the free ones from the $100 epin offer.
    Most are in the $89 price range.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post

I just got one of these today. Want to buy mine?

No idea if it's any good or not as I have a Galaxy S9 as my main phone. I got a Moto 5 a few months ago. I asked if there was a limit but they don't care how many phone you pick up for free.

Sent from my SM-G960F using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Update and follow-up on my LG Aristo 2 Plus unlock situation:

Short version is that TMobile has indeed changed their unlock requirements. It no longer requires a single $100 refill. The CS I called explained it to me but I was skeptical, to be honest. When I originally called CS, she only applied my 2 $50 ePins and offered to sell me another $50 ePin on the spot to meet the (new) requirements. I deferred since it wasn't urgent for me to unlock and decided to wait until there was a sale on refills.
    I tested it out and verified it today after buying 2 $50 refills from Target on their current sale.

The requirements:

Unlock eligibility for phones, tablets, and mobile Internet devices on Prepaid plans

• The device on the requesting line has been active for more than one year on the T-Mobile network.
    • If the device has been active for less than one year on the requesting line, the Prepaid account associated with the device must have had more than $100 in refills since device first use date. $100 in total refills is required for each device that is requested to be unlocked and does not include the initial activation payment.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

TL;DR
    Basically, I got a free phone, applied the 2 $50 ePins on the new phone, then later added another $50 ePin and, voila, phone unlocked!

So the first $50 was considered an activation payment (and, yes, included in the balance), and the 2nd and 3rd $50 met the $100 requirement. The only difference from adding a full $100 ePin is the 1 Year Use By date instead of the standard 90 days. Really, more flexible for account holders; probably intended to deter phone resellers. Hope this helps someone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    glad to see this is back , I got a Moto 4E about 6 months ago on this plan ,

last time they had better phones that you could buy which included a $100-$150 discount , things like iPhone etc

are they doing that this time and if so is there a list of the better phones ?

thanks
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    glad to see this is back , I got a Moto 4E about 6 months ago on this plan ,

last time they had better phones that you could buy which included a $100-$150 discount , things like iPhone etc

are they doing that this time and if so is there a list of the better phones ?

thanks
    They've added the Samsung J3 and Revvl 2 according to one person. The only advertised phones are for the $100 refill purchase. For higher level purchases, they've never been advertised. You have to ask in-store from previous reports. Sort of like In N Out Burger's secret menu.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone have the URL for this ?

I tried to find it on TMobile website but whoever made the site thinks that smiling faces will sell more phones and services than actually telling us what we are buying !

Thanks for your help

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone have the URL for this ?

I tried to find it on TMobile website but whoever made the site thinks that smiling faces will sell more phones and services than actually telling us what we are buying !

Thanks for your help
    https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/

Click on the right arrow when the page loads

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Turned on my recently shuttered OG Aristo and noticed the October security update available:

Android 7.0

Software version M21011b
    104.8MB

November 14, 2018
    October security update

Various system improvements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4