Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: IS Verizon losing customers ?

Feedback Score

IS Verizon losing customers ?

Is lack of unlimited data option on Verizon causing it to lose customers. Other providers have unlimited data and I believe streaming is important.
    Last edited by tritron7; 01-31-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Loose customers aren't always a bad thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited data holders are long time customers. Once I lose unlimited data I'm gone. I only average around 3Gb a month my highest data usage ever was 12GB.
    Current carrier: Sprint (11/01/2017)
    Previous carriers: T-mobile & Verizon

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Is lack of unlimited data option on Verizon causing it to loose customers. Other providers have unlimited data and I believe streaming is important.
    Loosing?? What the hell is loosing? Who are you calling loose?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I feel like you made a thread with the same title not too long ago, including the typo "loosing". 🙄

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I see loosing used a lot in place of losing. Is this some autocorrect issue on some phones?

As for your question. They lost me, whether there are a material number of customers like me they lost I have no idea.

I've got to believe it's not completely insignificant given they've finally softened their stance on it.

The last time it was asked in an earnings call they didn't make a resounding condemnation of it like they usually do which is a big change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

AT&T Fiber

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Verizon loosing customers ?

It's a commonly misspelled word. No biggie...we get the jist.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Considering that Sprint just added more customers for Q4 than AT&T and Verizon combined, I say that both of them are having issues. Verizon needs to be more competitive since LTE is the only thing they have available to them in many states. However, It doesn't help either when more and more potential customers do not believe Verizon is the best anymore. They are definitely better in rural areas however, in major cities, you really are not going to have much of a difference between the carriers. During the days of 1x and GSM/EDGE, yes Verizon had the advantage. 1X was much better in coverage. However with LTE, there really isn't a difference in coverage.

Unlimited data is hurting Verizon at this point. They continue to tell people that they do not need it and I guess offer NFL and NBA without using your data to combat that. With NFL viewership down 15% I doubt that is a good selling point. For example, I currently have the 24GB plan with 2 lines with bonus data and I'm almost out of data and I have 21 days to go. Already what I am paying is too much with my discount but it is just not competitive. I have 3 carriers that I can switch to and get Unlimited. Why can Verizon not offer this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpmanj2395 View Post
    I have 3 carriers that I can switch to and get Unlimited. Why can Verizon not offer this?
    Why can't you switch? Verizon will get the message if enough people do.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Why can't you switch? Verizon will get the message if enough people do.
    Mainly hassle. I already have a T-Mobile account but I'm really not interested in switching carriers every time a new deal comes out thats better than the other one. Most likely switching to either Cricket or T-Mobile soon, I'm sure I will be out of data in the next 7 days.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Now that I'm back from my vacation, I need to change plans. Do I go prepaid (cheapest option, either the $50+tax/5GB Verizon option, which is better since my normal usage had gone up to 4-5GB per month. The 8-9GB I'll use this month was unusual since I used it for hot spotting at some hotels on vacation). Or GoPhone. Or just go to the new 5GB postpaid plan for $55+tax which doesn't require anything special.

Cricket doesn't cover where I plan to go on vacation this summer.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpmanj2395 View Post
    Mainly hassle. I already have a T-Mobile account but I'm really not interested in switching carriers every time a new deal comes out thats better than the other one. Most likely switching to either Cricket or T-Mobile soon, I'm sure I will be out of data in the next 7 days.
    Only verizon is depriving its customers from having unlimited data. Att, t-Mobile and sprint does have option with unlimited data. I believe the ability to watch on the go is important.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I don't tend to watch video on the go. And if I decide to, the "unlimited" plan I have on my iPad (through ATT) is what I would use. Partially because of the bigger screen.

ATT doesn't support hotspot on their current unlimited phone plan. If they supported at least limited hotspot usage on it, it would be more tempting. I probably used about 5GB this month on my current plan when at a hotel that charged for Wi-Fi.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    It's a commonly misspelled word. No biggie...we get the jist.
    And that's sad because it's 2nd grade level words. And it's not a typo like so many claim. The meant to add two o's. Spelling THE as TEH is a typo.

and no person who posted on my reputation am I not trolling. grow up.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Is lack of unlimited data option on Verizon causing it to loose customers. Other providers have unlimited data and I believe streaming is important.
    Other providers have "unlimited" data not unlimited data. No carrier can provide unlimited data to tens of millions of customers. Why do you think Sprint and T-Mobile throttle hotpot and video? And at&t outright bans hotspot on their unlimited plan. Verizon can not do either of those things because of block C rules. If one wants "unlimited" data choose one of the other 3 carriers then. It's not coming back to Verizon for a few years at the very soonest.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast