Thread: What service am I using?

Feedback Score

What service am I using?

For years I used Page Plus Cellular through Kitty Wireless then converted to Puppy Wireless. I understand that the owners of Puppy Wireless went out of business. My service has continued and I am billed monthly as before. Can anyone here tell me what service I am using? What alternatives should I consider? Thanks Chuck

Feedback Score
    Create an account on pagepluscellular.com, add your phone to the account, and you will then know what service you're with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cetanner46 View Post
    For years I used Page Plus Cellular through Kitty Wireless then converted to Puppy Wireless. I understand that the owners of Puppy Wireless went out of business. My service has continued and I am billed monthly as before. Can anyone here tell me what service I am using? What alternatives should I consider? Thanks Chuck
    Puppy Wireless was bought by Unified Signal, so, since you converted to Puppy, you are now their customer.

You can confirm this by reading and posting at

https://www.unifiedforums.net/forumd...ral-Discussion
    or
    http://micallen.freeforums.org/witho...5fe2fca4407c2c

Note that there is no longer any affiliation with PagePlus.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You should be able to go here to sign into your account. You can click on the forgot username or forgot password links to help you get into your account.

https://mypuppywireless.com/manageme...ogin.aspx?c=1&

If you would rather call the phone number is 800-724-7164.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    Create an account on pagepluscellular.com, add your phone to the account, and you will then know what service you're with.
    This is only for Page Plus, not Puppy Wireless.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for clarifying the carrier I am currently using. Does anyone know if the former PW users are staying with Unified Signal or are going elsewhere? If so, what carriers are comparable? Thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for clarifying the carrier I am currently using. Does anyone know if the former PW users are staying with Unified Signal or are going elsewhere? If so, what carriers are comparable? Thanks
    There is not just one answer to this. If you are happy with the service, stay; if not, look around. I suggest you ask any specific questions about the service on the forum run by Unified Signal. Andrew, their main customer service rep, is pretty responsive. Here on HoFo you will get a lot of often conflicting opinions. Without knowing exactly what your needs are, it is hard to suggest anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by music4praise View Post
    There is not just one answer to this. If you are happy with the service, stay; if not, look around. I suggest you ask any specific questions about the service on the forum run by Unified Signal. Andrew, their main customer service rep, is pretty responsive. Here on HoFo you will get a lot of often conflicting opinions. Without knowing exactly what your needs are, it is hard to suggest anything.
    That's true and the OP can also check the forum
    http://micallen.freeforums.org/witho...5fe2fca4407c2c

which was founded specifically by many long-term active users of Puppy so you can see all of their comments and issues as well.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Some have stayed and some have moved on to other providers. It depends on the specific user's needs.

To help you decide, please provide some information:

What exact PW plan are you currently using?

What exact phone are you using?

How many minutes do you use each month?

How many texts do you use each month?

How much cellular data do you use each month?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Some have stayed and some have moved on to other providers. It depends on the specific user's needs.

To help you decide, please provide some information:

What exact PW plan are you currently using?

What exact phone are you using?

How many minutes do you use each month?

How many texts do you use each month?

How much cellular data do you use each month?
    Thanks to all.

I use the 4G plan with 400 mins, 400 texts and 400 GB for data. Costs $20 per month. Almost always stay within those limits.

I use a Samsung S5.

Thaanks Chuck

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to all.

I use the 4G plan with 400 mins, 400 texts and 400 GB for data. Costs $20 per month. Almost always stay within those limits.

I use a Samsung S5.

Thaanks Chuck
    One alternative might be the Red Pocket eBay 1 Year Plan, which provides 1000 min, 1000 texts, and 1000 MB of data, 500 MB at high speed and 500 MB at reduced speed. It is regularly $199/year, but is currently on sale for $163.99/year, which comes to $13.67/mo. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-1-Year-Prepaid-Wireless-Plan-No-Contract-SIM-Kit-Included-/131593551826?hash=item1ea3963fd2:g:wV4AAOSwTglYj2L 9

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For $25/month you can get unlimited talk/text/1GB data with boom mobile.
    $20 gets you unlimited talk/text, 250 MB data. A $10 top up gets you 1GB of additional data good for 90 days. In addition, it appears their service run on the postpaid coverage network.

I don't see a 400/400/400 puppy plan for $25. Are you on a grandafathered plan?

There are cheaper options too from other providers, but you didn't specify your locale so it must be assumed verizon has the best coverage for you. One option is the redpocket ebay annual plan for $200 or $164 (on sale now). Comes out to $16.67/13.67 per month. 1000 minutes, texts, and 500MB of lte data (additional 500Mb at reduced speeds). They have a verizon option too. Coverage I believe is vzw prepaid.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone sells non-roaming Verizon service that can be roughly similar to the Puppy prices. Tracfone rolls over, so over a period of time the total cost might be slightly cheaper with Tracfone. Customers are currently reporting that they got 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, and 1200 MB for $25 plus taxes and fees on Tracfone, but you would have to have another option on top of that for service days. If that deal holds, then Tracfone could be a decent portion cheaper.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...n-Tracfone-app