https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...rtphone-45-lte
    https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a.../zte-grand-x-4

Feedback Score
    What! Can existing customers get this?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Read the post.

They're looking for new business, and ARPU over $40 someday soon. Imagine that.

--
    $99 tab bonus for the ZTE available for new activations, or upgrades on MyTab with an eligible plan ($45+)
    https://www.freedommobile.ca/docs/de...nus-ztegx4.pdf

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Data roaming across Canada included?
    Lucky Albertan who has the promo loyalty $50 8gb lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

Feedback Score
    I guess Freedom is not doing so well with this LTE plan at $45, so they have to give a short term discount. I give credit to the bean counters for concocting this deal. Because most customers will go for the free phone option, they will be stuck when the price rises to $45 per month. Objective achieve, future ARPU above $40. I would stay away from this mouse trap.

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    I guess Freedom is not doing so well with this LTE plan at $45, so they have to give a short term discount. I give credit to the bean counters for concocting this deal. Because most customers will go for the free phone option, they will be stuck when the price rises to $45 per month. Objective achieve, future ARPU above $40. I would stay away from this mouse trap.
    If this was out from day 1, they'd have had a better reception at launch.

Too little too late for me. But this is a good deal for Wind.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    If people get the "free" ZTE phone along with it, it isn't too bad. [($35*10) + (45*14 months)] = $40.83/month + "free" phone over 24 months. If the phone is worth $150 (Freedom inflates the retail price to $300), that accounts for $6.25 / month, so you can think of it as a $34 LTE plan with phone financing. Not bad at all if you stay within the LTE zone. After 24 months, I'd be on the look out for a better deal though since 6gb would drop to 3gb.

Device(s)
    LG V30
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The 6GB drops to 3GB after 1 year, on January 31, 2018

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    I don't think the promo would be stackable, the ZTE promo says for plans $45+

Feedback Score
    Limited LTE coverage, limited phone options (what options actually... there's 2 phones of which one is fairly affordable to the majority of people, so essentially one unless you have 1000 bucks to blow out right or you like a 25 bucks add on to your plan), 6gb is only good for 1 year, 35 bucks plus tax a month is only good for 10 months, and to top it all off, only data is reliable (for now) since voice calls still go off 3G so they will still not connect/drop/never be able to have a conversation since the quality is usually crap in densely populated areas like the GTA and GVA (the only area where LTE is available at the moment) and texts will not send half time... oh and you might not connect back to LTE either, apparently that's an issue too

Sorry but this is not a deal at all, it's just desperation to get customers. Yes it will get better over time, yes the coverage will expand, yes more devices will come out,etc. But, in my opinion, and like many others have said, they have been around far too long now to just start rolling out LTE now and everything has been moving at a slow pace

Feedback Score
    ^ I have to agree, this is desperation by Freedom to get new customers. Public stole atleast a quarter of their customers (in my opinion), and now they are frenetic in their effors to get new customers.

Also their treatment of loyal customers was dissapointing. Although I'm still with them, I would be tempted to move my Freedom line if another opportunity like PM deal (which I jumped on) came along.

Future doesn't look bright for Freedom, Aleks and the ones making the decisions definitely lost big time.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Public stealing a quarter of subscribers is a bit much

What Public did steal were the good high value clients fed up with network (you can see by the drop in ARPU)
    The cheap $15 Wind plans that get topped up every 3 months aren't going anywhere

But you can see Freedom is hurting now. One wonders if Telus timed the Public promo against Freedom's LTE timeframes
    The advertising Public put out before promo certainly appears that way
    Although noone expected it to be that successful that Virgin & Fido started price matching
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Too late. Anyone who actually cares about LTE speeds most likely left. The ones left are the ones who are indifferent about LTE. They will be happy as long as the 3G stays strong, though from my recent experience they are having a tough time of doing that in the Toronto area.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Feedback Score
    yup, 3G reliability has diminished within the last week.

luckily, im out as of today! woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonavin View Post
    Too late. Anyone who actually cares about LTE speeds most likely left. The ones left are the ones who are indifferent about LTE. They will be happy as long as the 3G stays strong, though from my recent experience they are having a tough time of doing that in the Toronto area.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Well they haven't affected me as yet in the YEG, #hangingon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast