Thread: Woman crashes SUV into Palm Springs, Florida T-Mobile store.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Woman crashes SUV into Palm Springs, Florida T-Mobile store.

I didn't see that this had been posted here, so I'll do it.

PALM SPRINGS, Fla. - Cellphone video recorded Thursday captured the frightening moments when a woman rammed her sport-utility vehicle into a T-Mobile store in Palm Springs.
    The incident occurred at a T-Mobile located at 3321 South Congress Ave.
    The driver of the Nissan SUV was Shinobia Montoria Wright, 25, of Wellington, according to Palm Springs police....

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...t-mobile-store

Hey! No one said it was easy to work for a cell phone store.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    An interesting aspect of this story is the Twitter sparring it provoked between Marcelo Claure and John Legere.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    An interesting aspect of this story is the Twitter sparring it provoked between Marcelo Claure and John Legere.
    At one time I followed J.L. on Twitter but I dumped him. Neville Ray has much better (and fewer) Tweets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    John's basically being a baby about it. He can rant and laugh and bash whomever he wants on Twitter but if someone does it to him he cries "it's not funny". He was the one last year tweeting happily about how the end was near for sprint, talking about how they were laying people off, which did affect many people and their way of life mind you, yet he found it entertaining enough to try to boast about it on Twitter. Yet when someone laughs about some misfortune in his company...Waaaaaaaah it's not funny.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't know. I don't recall seeing the tweets from Legere about Sprint layoffs but someone did get hurt pretty badly in that crash and if someone was standing at just the wrong spot someone could have been killed. I follow Legere and think all his tweets are pretty professional but I think Claure crossed the line when it comes to the fact that a crime was committed. In this case this woman drove her car into the store on purpose. Legere is the type of guy that can take hits but keep on fighting back. I think he was being serious about a serious situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I don't know. I don't recall seeing the tweets from Legere about Sprint layoffs but someone did get hurt pretty badly in that crash and if someone was standing at just the wrong spot someone could have been killed. I follow Legere and think all his tweets are pretty professional but I think Claure crossed the line when it comes to the fact that a crime was committed. In this case this woman drove her car into the store on purpose. Legere is the type of guy that can take hits but keep on fighting back. I think he was being serious about a serious situation.

Seems to me like he's gleefully talking about a company going out of business, guess it's crossing the line to John when something happens to his store, yet it's ok for him to boast about people getting fired and a countdown clock on people losing their jobs. Seems he only decides what's off limits. Sorry, John is wrong here. All Claure did was respond to a tweet from a comedian about the incident. Should Claure just of left it alone and not said anything? Probably, but legere is the last person who should try to chastise anyone on Twitter for out of bounds comments. John needs to learn he isn't the king of Twitter. If people's jobs and livelihoods aren't off limits to him, then nothing is off limits to anyone else about his business.

Feedback Score
    The cell carriers have irritated me on certain occasions but no way would I drive through the store risking people getting hurt.

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's just it. Claure doesn't use twitter to hit back at John Legere related to network performance, etc. instead Claure writes a tweet where someone was hurt and caused more than $30,000 in property damage. Let Claure and Legere duke it out about performance of their respective networks, who is taking customers from whom, but in my option Claure crossed the line when he seemed to be excited about tweeting John Legere about someone getting hurt and causing tens of thousands in property damage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    That's just it. Claure doesn't use twitter to hit back at John Legere related to network performance, etc. instead Claure writes a tweet where someone was hurt and caused more than $30,000 in property damage. Let Claure and Legere duke it out about performance of their respective networks, who is taking customers from whom, but in my option Claure crossed the line when he seemed to be excited about tweeting John Legere about someone getting hurt and causing tens of thousands in property damage.
    No, legere just boasts about people getting fired from their jobs. Hohoho that's hilarious. Hohoho people are getting fired and your doors are closing, hohoho. It's just as tasteless. Nobody died. Eventually people are gonna look at it and laugh.

Feedback Score
    Also let's be real what Claure actually did, Chelsea handler, a comedian by the way who makes a living making jokes, tweeted a woman drove her car through a T-Mobile store today, it was the only place she could find service. Claure responded so funny and true. John blew up over that. It's not like Claure made a tweet saying hahahahaha!!!! Those store employees are out of work a few days!! No he didn't do that. Should he of left it alone? Probably, did he go anymore below the belt than legere goes himself? Not at all. If John's going to dish it he can't whine everytime he's on the receiving end.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    John's basically being a baby about it. He can rant and laugh and bash whomever he wants on Twitter but if someone does it to him he cries "it's not funny". He was the one last year tweeting happily about how the end was near for sprint, talking about how they were laying people off, which did affect many people and their way of life mind you, yet he found it entertaining enough to try to boast about it on Twitter. Yet when someone laughs about some misfortune in his company...Waaaaaaaah it's not funny.
    John isn't as bad as the babies that come from other networks over here to go Waaaaaaaaaaah about anything to do with T-Mobile..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    John isn't as bad as the babies that come from other networks over here to go Waaaaaaaaaaah about anything to do with T-Mobile..
    Except nobody from any other network is coming over here to do that. People are responding to the topic you posted. So go look for trouble elsewhere. People are sick of hearing your constant whining on it. If someone makes a post you don't like about T-Mobile ignore it and move on. Nobody but yourself appointed you the white knight of T-Mobile thinking you are riding in for the rescue and nobody but yourself obsessively whines and rants about it throwing every single topic you post in off topic with your endless whining about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Chelsea handler, a comedian by the way who makes a living making jokes, tweeted a woman drove her car through a T-Mobile store today, it was the only place she could find service. Claure responded so funny and true.
    The real story is Sprint laughing at T-Mobile's coverage when Sprint is the worst nationwide

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFA View Post
    The real story is Sprint laughing at T-Mobile's coverage when Sprint is the worst nationwide
    True, but it doesn't discredit T-Mobile has coverage holes of their own. He didn't actually compare sprints coverage to T-Mobiles. I think John was more upset a celebrity made fun of his companies coverage after he tries to tout it up so much so he lashed out at the easier target, the CEO of sprint. Again Claure should of left it alone and just not commented anything, but, he didn't go any lower than John does with his tweets and John acted like a spoiled privileged baby in his response. Like he couldn't believe anyone would take a shot at him. If John's doesn't want people taking pokes at him or his company maybe John shouldnt be so vocal taking shots at other companies.