Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Current special

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_f View Post
    When you make the actual purchase, please let us know if you were charged the Florida state sales tax in the checkout process. Since AT&T has been charging me $43.30 total each month, it will be interesting to see what an actual CallingMart charge would be for a Florida resident. Thanks.
    Name:  GoPhone.JPG
Views: 652
Size:  42.4 KB
    I ordered the $45. card, then applied the 10% (overall, not in addition to so $40.50) MLK1710 discount, then applied my $2.80 in reward points ($37.70). The total amount charged is $37.70. I live in Okeechobee, FL--as far from "municipal" as one can get! I have an area code 863 number which is Florida.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    I ordered the $45. card, then applied the 10% (overall, not in addition to so $40.50) MLK1710 discount, then applied my $2.80 in reward points ($37.70). The total amount charged is $37.70. I live in Okeechobee, FL--as far from "municipal" as one can get! I have an area code 863 number which is Florida.
    Thanks, Ritchea. So no FL state tax was applied. That's great. I'd save about $2.80 per month versus GoPhone's autopay. A final question about the 10% discount code. It looks like it expires in early Feb. I presume there's a different one each month. If one signs up for CallingMart's auto-refill, does the 10% code get applied automatically each month, or must one enter it manually each month?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_f View Post
    Thanks, Ritchea. So no FL state tax was applied. That's great. I'd save about $2.80 per month versus GoPhone's autopay. A final question about the 10% discount code. It looks like it expires in early Feb. I presume there's a different one each month. If one signs up for CallingMart's auto-refill, does the 10% code get applied automatically each month, or must one enter it manually each month?
    I've never used the CM auto pay but have read at least a dozen times that it (10%) does get applied 'automagically'. http://www.callingmart.com/support/f...qid=&question=
    If convenience is a goal, you may want to set up RTR rather than PIN purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm a current Verizon customer since 1999, and have been having issues with my account since last month (it got messed up with a SIM card order that was never sent, and now Verizon or Best Buy can't sell or activate a phone). My current Verizon bill is $78, with 2GB data shared between two lines. If I went to 4GB it would be $95 (including taxes and fees)

I had been looking to change over to either Cricket or MetroPCS, and have a thread going in each one of those forums asking for advice. My primary line I have an LG G5 RS988 Unlocked model that will work on any carrier (except Sprint), but my 2nd line that my mom uses is flip phones, but she wants a smartphone now. MetroPCS has the best deal right now with 2 lines having 8GB each for $80 flat. But I have read that even though they don't limit their speeds like Cricket does, their coverage and wall penetration isn't as good. Cricket would be $70 for 3GB or 90 or 8GB, with two lines, but data is capped at 8Mbps and doesn't support VoLTE or WiFi calling.

So now I was taking a look at the ATT Go Phone plans, and saw that for two lines with 4GB each, it would be $80 ($40 each after $5 off), has the 2nd month free, and has rollover data and no speed caps (still no VoLTE). But then you have to add taxes and fees, so I'm not sure how much that would come to total per month?
    To set this up, if I'm reading it right, I would have to do two separate Go Phone plans of 4GB for $45, port my two numbers, and purchase a phone for each plan (can't do a BYOD). Then when it is delivered, activate the phone (which will port my # over), and "invite" the 2nd number over to my 1st line. Or wait for the 2md month free credit, and then invite the 2nd line?

I'm not sure what the proper procedure steps for this are, but it would be to accomplish the following:
    Port my two Verizon numbers. Be on the 4GB plan at $40 each. Get the 2nd month free. Activate my current LG G5 RS988 on the primary line (and use a LG K10 or equivalent on the 2nd line).
    Last edited by FAUguy; 02-01-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    So now I was taking a look at the ATT Go Phone plans, and saw that for two lines with 4GB each, it would be $80 ($40 each after $5 off), has the 2nd month free, and has rollover data and no speed caps (still no VoLTE). But then you have to add taxes and fees, so I'm not sure how much that would come to total per month?
    I think if you refill the accounts with Callingmart there are no taxes, but YMMV
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you purchase Gophone refills through Callingmart then there are no additional taxes & fee's. Callingmart also has monthly coupon codes for 10% off. I pay exactly $40.50 every month for the $45 Gophone plan by using the monthly coupon codes. I think you can also get the same rate through Callingmart by signing up for their auto pay.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by s.pearce88 View Post
    T-Mobile has all in including taxes and even tethering . Why GoPhone even if the second month is free. T-Mobile is $ 60 per line , no other fees. Starts January 22nd , I am pretty registered to switch on that day. T-Mobile has good coverage better than what it was years ago. They do provide roaming from what I can tell when I travel

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    I ported back to T-Mobile , cheaper and unlimited , Verizon paid out my bill from my deposit, it ended up them owing me money. No one line is $60 , I have auto pay. I never closed my account. My partner stayed on the account so it wouldn't close and I ported back in since the account is under my name. Verizon's data is just to expensive. Yes I do pay an extra $15 for tethering full speed and HAD Video but it still comes.es out cheaper than Verizon

soooo u pay a $60 total even with $15 add on a month for a unlimited data with full speed tethering and full video streaming???

tmobile is $70 + $15 which should come out to $85, please explain

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm a current Verizon customer since 1999, and have been having issues with my account since last month (it got messed up with a SIM card order that was never sent, and now Verizon or Best Buy can't sell or activate a phone). My current Verizon bill is $78, with 2GB data shared between two lines. If I went to 4GB it would be $95 (including taxes and fees)

I had been looking to change over to either Cricket or MetroPCS, and have a thread going in each one of those forums asking for advice. My primary line I have an LG G5 RS988 Unlocked model that will work on any carrier (except Sprint), but my 2nd line that my mom uses is flip phones, but she wants a smartphone now. MetroPCS has the best deal right now with 2 lines having 8GB each for $80 flat. But I have read that even though they don't limit their speeds like Cricket does, their coverage and wall penetration isn't as good. Cricket would be $70 for 3GB or 90 or 8GB, with two lines, but data is capped at 8Mbps and doesn't support VoLTE or WiFi calling.

To set this up, if I'm reading it right, I would have to do two separate Go Phone plans of 4GB for $45, port my two numbers, and purchase a phone for each plan (can't do a BYOD). Then when it is delivered, activate the phone (which will port my # over), and "invite" the 2nd number over to my 1st line. Or wait for the 2md month free credit, and then invite the 2nd line?

I'm not sure what the proper procedure steps for this are, but it would be to accomplish the following:
    Port my two Verizon numbers. Be on the 4GB plan at $40 each. Get the 2nd month free. Activate my current LG G5 RS988 on the primary line (and use a LG K10 or equivalent on the 2nd line).
    Quote Originally Posted by rafster View Post
    I think if you refill the accounts with Callingmart there are no taxes, but YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    If you purchase Gophone refills through Callingmart then there are no additional taxes & fee's. Callingmart also has monthly coupon codes for 10% off. I pay exactly $40.50 every month for the $45 Gophone plan by using the monthly coupon codes. I think you can also get the same rate through Callingmart by signing up for their auto pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    soooo u pay a $60 total even with $15 add on a month for a unlimited data with full speed tethering and full video streaming???

Thanks for the info about Callingmart. Their $45 one is $43.65, but the 10% off coupon code from Retailmenot is only doing a 3%.

But I'm still not clear about the current Go Phone 2nd month free promo.
    There seems to be some confusion if you have to purchase their phones on-line as well, or if it will also apply to BYOD. And if it also works with Family Share.

When I try the online order process, it says that a phone purchase is required.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T-Mobile has all in including taxes and even tethering . Why GoPhone even if the second month is free. T-Mobile is $ 60 per line , no other fees. Starts January 22nd , I am pretty registered to switch on that day. T-Mobile has good coverage better than what it was years ago. They do provide roaming from what I can tell when I travel

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post

Thanks for the info about Callingmart. Their $45 one is $43.65, but the 10% off coupon code from Retailmenot is only doing a 3%.

But I'm still not clear about the current Go Phone 2nd month free promo.
    There seems to be some confusion if you have to purchase their phones on-line as well, or if it will also apply to BYOD. And if it also works with Family Share.

When I try the online order process, it says that a phone purchase is required.

tmobile line, please explain???

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Callingmart issues their own 10% off codes toward the end of every month. The current one actually expires today. I just make sure to refill when they issue the code even if it's a couple of weeks before my refill date.
    http://marketing.callingmart.com/promo/#here

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Callingmart issues their own 10% off codes toward the end of every month. The current one actually expires today. I just make sure to refill when they issue the code even if it's a couple of weeks before my refill date.
    http://marketing.callingmart.com/promo/#here
    Ok.
    Still wish I could find out for sure about the "2nd month free" offer that AT&T GoPhone has through Feb 6, if it requires you to purchase one of their devices, or will also quality if you bring your own.
    So If I wanted to transfer my 2 Verizon (family shared) lines over, can I just do two GoPhone sign-ups with just ordering the SIM, or do I have to also purchase two devices in order two quality for the 2nd month free?
    Their site doesn't really specify. I was asked at the beginning of this thread, but no one really knew for sure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could help you with that question but I don't know the answer. The terms & conditions for the offer don't seem to mention that a phone purchase is required, it just says it requires porting an eligible number to Gophone during the online checkout. (see below)
    Maybe try calling Gophone & see what they say? I found their customer service to be knowledgeable & helpful when I had to call them.

Terms & Conditions for 2nd month free offer:
    GoPhone 2nd Month Free Offer: Ends 2/6/17, while supplies last. Online only. Req’s porting eligible number to GoPhone from an eligible carrier (excludes AT&T and Cricket) during online checkout. Credit for free month of service added to account 31 days after activation. Free month equals value of monthly plan purchased at activation. Phone restricted to GoPhone svc for 6 months after activation.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    AT&T doesn't make it clear but they do mention purchasing a phone several times in the terms so it's probably part of the conditions.

Phone restricted to GoPhone svc for 6 months after activation. Taxes: Tax on purchased phone, airtime & refills extra.

Only way to find out is to call since this is an "online only" deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could help you with that question but I don't know the answer. The terms & conditions for the offer don't seem to mention that a phone purchase is required, it just says it requires porting an eligible number to Gophone during the online checkout. (see below)
    Maybe try calling Gophone & see what they say? I found their customer service to be knowledgeable & helpful when I had to call them.

Terms & Conditions for 2nd month free offer:
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    AT&T doesn't make it clear but they do mention purchasing a phone several times in the terms so it's probably part of the conditions.

Phone restricted to GoPhone svc for 6 months after activation. Taxes: Tax on purchased phone, airtime & refills extra.

Only way to find out is to call since this is an "online only" deal.
    Yes, I had read through the terms of the Promo, and doesn't necessarily say that you have to purchase a phone, but the working kind of hints at it. So I guess I'll need to find their number and call tomorrow since it is the last day of their promo, but makes me wonder if they will have something else to replace it.
    If purchasing one of their phones is not required, then I'd just have to do two orders for our two lines and port the number over. It would then be $40 per line with 4GB of rollover data and no speed caps, just wish they allowed VoLTE like MetroPCS and Verizon does on their prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Feedback Score
    With my Verizon contract coming to an end and a possibility of moving I decided to start looking around for ways to save extra cash and came across the go phone promotion. With the $45 plan meeting my needs for a lot less than what I was paying Verizon I decided to make the switch but also had a lot of the same questions.

The information I received when calling them was that the free month offer had to be done online and it was OK to purchase either a new phone or the bring your own device Sim card kit. A port in from another company is required and service must be fully activated by the end of the day on the 6th.

Unfortunately at least based on the information I was given it looks like it may be too late for anyone to take advantage of the promotion. I figured better safe than sorry I would post this in case somebody was thinking about trying to do a last-minute grab of the offer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast