Current carrier: Sprint (11/01/2017)
    Previous carriers: T-mobile & Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    You would have to explicitly tell them to do that. Even then it doesn't matter what you think though, PayPal makes the call and paypal says if you sell a phone as a Verizon phone and it cannot be used on verizon, that is item not as described and they do a chargeback.

I agree with PayPal on this. If you are selling a phone as a Verizon phone the seller needs to make sure the phone works on Verizon. Very easy for the seller to do that. Activate the phone with a Verizon sim in it.
    ok, understand that paypal heavily favors the buyers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post
    ok, so pretty much verizon.com
    No it's a separate site.

Feedback Score
    If it is an iPhone 6s/6s+ or 7/7+ purchased through Best Buy, then it is subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy and it will follow the unlocking policy of whichever carrier's SIM card is in the device when it is initially activated.

So I would not sell it sealed. I would open the box and activate it with an inactive Verizon SIM card so that it follows Verizon's unlocking policy - i.e., it will be unlocked.

If you don't listen to me and instead sell it sealed, then your buyer may activate it with a Sprint, AT&T or TMobile SIM card and lock the phone to those carriers. If you sell on swappa or ebay, you will be subject to a chargeback for 6 months and sellers are losing those disputes when they are selling these Best Buy "Verizon" iPhones without activating them first. BB is not selling Verizon iPhone 6s/6s+/7/7+. They are selling the SIM free models subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy.
    Ok so I could give the buyer the option. Can I just put in a sim and turn on than off after boot up, or do I need to follow all the prompts and sign in? I'm not an Apple guy so not sure what to expect?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_1983 View Post
    Ok so I could give the buyer the option.
    I would just activate it if you are selling on swappa or ebay since if they screw up and do a chargeback, you will likely lose. Paypal is siding with the buyers on this.

Can I just put in a sim and turn on than off after boot up, or do I need to follow all the prompts and sign in? I'm not an Apple guy so not sure what to expect?
    Did you buy this phone using a UDP line's upgrade?

Do you have any spare inactive Verizon nano SIM cards lying around?

Feedback Score
    I would just activate it if you are selling on swappa or ebay since if they screw up and do a chargeback, you will likely lose. Paypal is siding with the buyers on this.

Did you buy this phone using a UDP line's upgrade?

Do you have any spare inactive Verizon nano SIM cards lying around?
    Yes UDP upgrade, I will use the sim out of my Note 5 that's on a totally different account.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes UDP upgrade, I will use the sim out of my Note 5 that's on a totally different account.
    That will work as long as the Note5 is on a Verizon postpaid account. You need to get to the point that the device is full activated. What you can do is check the IMEI here:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

before you activate it. It should say you haven't activated yet. Then once you go through the activation (don't add a passcode, don't do touch ID, don't add an Apple ID) and get to the end, you can make a call or two then power down the phone and put the SIM back in the Note5.

Then factory reset the iPhone and it will be ready to sell without a SIM card. Just tell the buyer there is no SIM card and they have to get their own. Verizon will mail one to a Verizon postpaid customer for free.

After you do that, go here again:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

and it will show the warranty end date as 1 year from the day you activated the phone. Then you will know the phone has been fully activated and it is unlocked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2