Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 yr pricing- best buy upgrade on 1/4/17 delayed

Feedback Score

2 yr pricing- best buy upgrade on 1/4/17 delayed

well, i was fortunate enough to catch the threads on VZW stopping 2 year upgrades on 1/5/17. so i ordered an iphone 7 from bestbuy on the 4th. i was suppose to receive the phone today and i didn't. i got a txt message saying

"Best Buy Order Status: We're sorry! There's a delay on order BBY01-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Find details and a new estimated arrival date @"

i followed the link embedded in the text says, i should receive it by Jan 30th. the order was not cancelled. it does show that it is still processing.

did anyone else get a bestbuy upgrade in prior to the 2yr pricing being stopped?

thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkwong View Post
    well, i was fortunate enough to catch the threads on VZW stopping 2 year upgrades on 1/5/17. so i ordered an iphone 7 from bestbuy on the 4th. i was suppose to receive the phone today and i didn't. i got a txt message saying

"Best Buy Order Status: We're sorry! There's a delay on order BBY01-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Find details and a new estimated arrival date @"

i followed the link embedded in the text says, i should receive it by Jan 30th. the order was not cancelled. it does show that it is still processing.

did anyone else get a bestbuy upgrade in prior to the 2yr pricing being stopped?

thanks
    Your contract end date change?

Feedback Score
    When I ordered from Costco, I just paid attention to my Verizon account and a few days later my contract end date had changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes I ordered from bestbuy selected free 2 day shipping and got it next day. Contract was extended when it was ready for shipment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crux57 View Post
    Yes I ordered from bestbuy selected free 2 day shipping and got it next day. Contract was extended when it was ready for shipment.
    thanks for the reply. mine actually shipped today, i was worried i wouldnt have gotten the 2 year pricing due to it pending past 1/5/2017. since i upgraded this on a non smartphone line. i just need to make sure i pull the sim prior to turning it on to save me from an additional data plan correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkwong View Post
    thanks for the reply. mine actually shipped today, i was worried i wouldnt have gotten the 2 year pricing due to it pending past 1/5/2017. since i upgraded this on a non smartphone line. i just need to make sure i pull the sim prior to turning it on to save me from an additional data plan correct?
    Correct, and NEVER use it on the line you just upgraded.

Feedback Score
    I did an iPhone 7 also on the 4th, came on the 5th and sim was taped to the box. Box is sealed. Is there a sim in the phone also? I'm being told I need to open the sealed iPhone box and put a sim in the phone(not the one that came with it) and boot up the phone to keep it unlocked so I can sell. So do I need to go through all the iPhone sign in stuff or can I just boot and turn back off?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just changed one line to the loyalty plan. going to upgrade via iconic portal on another.

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    I just changed one line to the loyalty plan. going to upgrade via iconic portal on another.
    I thought you couldn't upgrade anymore to extend your contract?

Feedback Score
    For whatever reason the 2 year contracts are still available to some using verizon's iconic portal.

Funny that verizon would be late for their own party :P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_1983 View Post
    I did an iPhone 7 also on the 4th, came on the 5th and sim was taped to the box. Box is sealed. Is there a sim in the phone also?
    If it is an iPhone 6s/6s+ or 7/7+ purchased through Best Buy, then it is subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy and it will follow the unlocking policy of whichever carrier's SIM card is in the device when it is initially activated.

So I would not sell it sealed. I would open the box and activate it with an inactive Verizon SIM card so that it follows Verizon's unlocking policy - i.e., it will be unlocked.

If you don't listen to me and instead sell it sealed, then your buyer may activate it with a Sprint, AT&T or TMobile SIM card and lock the phone to those carriers. If you sell on swappa or ebay, you will be subject to a chargeback for 6 months and sellers are losing those disputes when they are selling these Best Buy "Verizon" iPhones without activating them first. BB is not selling Verizon iPhone 6s/6s+/7/7+. They are selling the SIM free models subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    If it is an iPhone 6s/6s+ or 7/7+ purchased through Best Buy, then it is subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy and it will follow the unlocking policy of whichever carrier's SIM card is in the device when it is initially activated.

So I would not sell it sealed. I would open the box and activate it with an inactive Verizon SIM card so that it follows Verizon's unlocking policy - i.e., it will be unlocked.

If you don't listen to me and instead sell it sealed, then your buyer may activate it with a Sprint, AT&T or TMobile SIM card and lock the phone to those carriers. If you sell on swappa or ebay, you will be subject to a chargeback for 6 months and sellers are losing those disputes when they are selling these Best Buy "Verizon" iPhones without activating them first. BB is not selling Verizon iPhone 6s/6s+/7/7+. They are selling the SIM free models subject to the US Reseller Flex Policy.
    If they activate the phone on sprint isn't that there decision/fault? because the phone will work on verizon if they activate it on verizon first.
    Current carrier: Sprint (11/01/2017)
    Previous carriers: T-mobile & Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    whats an iconic portal?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post
    If they activate the phone on sprint isn't that there decision/fault? because the phone will work on verizon if they activate it on verizon first.
    You would have to explicitly tell them to do that. Even then it doesn't matter what you think though, PayPal makes the call and paypal says if you sell a phone as a Verizon phone and it cannot be used on verizon, that is item not as described and they do a chargeback.

I agree with PayPal on this. If you are selling a phone as a Verizon phone the seller needs to make sure the phone works on Verizon. Very easy for the seller to do that. Activate the phone with a Verizon sim in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post
    whats an iconic portal?
    preorder.verizonwireless.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast