Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cheap places to refill V.4 (2017)

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I guess I was just the unfortunate one who found the crack in the process, like others in the forums here with various complaints with all the different companies.

It definitely colors your experience.

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to note that everything seems to be back to normal at Megasaver. We also had a very slight delay in refilling our 3 lines last month, but it was instant today and we received the usual confirmation emails.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Tello, T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Liberty Wrls.
    Feedback Score

PINZOO Delivers

Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post

...all my previous experiences with MegaSaver in this thread where the add (to my line) was essentially instantaneous.

I wonder how it's going over there at MegaSaver.

...I went over to Pinzoo.com and established a new account, which requires (like first timers at Callingmart.com) a verbal human phone call to you to qualify you. That happened in less than five minutes and the PIN was posted on my account immediately, which I then applied directly at the PPC website, which immediately dinged that line with an SMS text confirming the add. See how that's done, MegaSaver? Criminy.

Pinzoo.com, for a single $10 PIN, is a straight-up $10, no discounts and no additional fees. But, wow, I actually got something for my money from them! What a concept!

I'll let the MegaSaver transaction ride for part of the afternoon, and if it doesn't hit my phone during that time I'll go through PayPal and refuse it, then hit up Pinzoo.com for an actual competent business transaction.

So, all's well that ends well, I suppose. But in July when the time comes, who do you think I'll be inclined to go with because of this incident? I think I'd forego the $0.39 savings per refill and go with Pinzoo. Maybe it's a Sunday thing - who knows? But the chips fell where they did.
    Thanks for reminding me that I have a PINZOO account (I used PINZOO for a time for international long-distance, but not much since).

This greeted me on Mega Saver's Page Plus refill page today (Apr. 24, 2020):

"SOLD OUT ... *Currently out of stock while we sort out some technical issues, be back soon!*"

So, turning to this thread, whacker's reminder of PINZOO put me back in business! I entered a current credit card, ordered, then got an immediate verification phone call. Next, I pulled up my order summary which allowed me to submit the target Page Plus phone numbers. PINZOO conveyed the PINs to Page Plus for me within five minutes.

Like whacker, I can forgo the deals, discount codes & loyalty points (and CallingMart's surcharge) in favor of a vendor that simply works. PINZOO did the job!

Feedback Score
    So, it looks like Mega Saver might be done. No evidence whatsoever on the site of refills today.

So, regrettably investigating alternatives. Dove into the thread history a bit and sharing so you don't have to do the work. You're welcome.

Callingmart - $1 fee, but frequent coupons (currently 5% off)
    Pinzoo - $.49 fee, but rewards program
    MySupplyWorld - no fees?
    Page Plus itself - $2.70 in fees, depending on plan (However, signing up for AutoPay looks to save fees plus a few cents, moving it back to no fees.)

Guess I'm going back to Callingmart today, after quite some time away... at least this time, with the coupon. Just don't know how frequent their coupons are these days.

Good luck all.

Feedback Score
    MySupplyWorld has $1 fee.
    I just tried pinzoo and there was no fee.

Device(s)
    LG vx 4400
    Carrier(s)
    page plus
    Feedback Score
    Looks like megasaver refill is over. Looking at other's research, pinzoo seems to be the cheapest option now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nosliwcs View Post
    Looks like megasaver refill is over. Looking at other's research, pinzoo seems to be the cheapest option now?
    Yes, I believe Pinzoo is the cheapest current option. I've bought two PINs from them so far and was very happy with the ordering process.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nordicboy View Post
    MySupplyWorld has $1 fee.
    I just tried pinzoo and there was no fee.
    How exactly are you getting no fee on Pinzoo? It clearly has a fee for me, at least on monthly plans.

Here's their language:

"What is a convenience fee?

This minimal fee allows us to recover increased costs associated with selling this product via online delivery. However, you will still accumulate pinzoo points, get discounted pricing and pay NO TAX (except OR).

How do I avoid this fee? This fee will be waived for customers who sign up for pinzoo's Auto-Reorder feature. Please ask your representative for details at 1-888-697-4696, or click on the "Enable Auto-Reorder" button once logged into your account."

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Either Pinzoo and Callingmart are under the same ownership or one is plagiarizing the other.

The language of their "service fee" is mostly verbatim:

"What is a service fee?

This minimal fee allows us to recover increased costs associated with selling this product via online delivery. However, you will still accumulate CallingMart reward points, get discounted pricing and pay NO TAX.

How do I avoid this fee? This fee will be waived for customers who sign up for Auto-Purchase feature* by clicking on Manage Auto-Purchase in your account home.

*Ultra Mobile is an exception for the Auto-Purchase service fee waiver."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I didn't have any convenience or service fee with Pinzoo my last add in March (chronicled up the thread), and I was a new account.

I'm getting ready to make a dual $10 purchase with them in July, to apply to my two PPC lines on July 5th.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I didn't have any convenience or service fee with Pinzoo my last add in March (chronicled up the thread), and I was a new account.

I'm getting ready to make a dual $10 purchase with them in July, to apply to my two PPC lines on July 5th.
    Thanks for all the updates!

I just investigated Pinzoo further to resolve the fee question once and for all.

They do not charge a fee on the three least expensive PPC offerings ($9-$12) and then charge a fee on everything above those. The fee ranges from $.49 - $1.99.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm, OK. Thanks for checking that out and posting it. Clears that up.

Device(s)
    Sprint SG7, Sprint SG5, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 (rooted) flashed to PagePlus
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus cellular
    Feedback Score

Cool Just ordered from Pinzoo for the first time

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences with the different pin providers. I had been ordering from Megasaver, but they no longer do pins

So, in looking through this thread, I decided to go with Pinzoo, and was quite satisfied. No discounts, but no extra fees for the $10 pageplus pin I needed just to keep my phone alive. I didn't need it loaded right away, so I chose to get the pin to load it later. I got the pin right away on the screen and emails telling me how to get to it again.

Thanks again to all who posted information, it's very helpful!

...and the geek shall inherit the earth...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just purchased two $10 refills for my two PPC lines at Pinzoo, which I'll apply on Sunday using the PPC website. No snags; a straight $20 as expected.

Didn't remember it from last time, but Pinzoo doesn't email you the numbers (unlike Callingmart.com, for instance). The only place to retrieve/receive them is the order page you were working from on the website. But they stay posted and you can refer back to them (using your personal account). I copied them down longhand as soon as they appeared.

Pinzoo does email you transaction confirmation.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Added the refill PINs to each line today; no issues.

From PPC I received SMS warning notifications (to refill) for both lines: First at seven days out, then three days, then today.

After adding, one line immediately got an SMS "Card xxxx applied successfully" from PPC. The other line did not get that SMS, but both showed the correct content on the website, which is where I added the time, using a PC.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast