Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Cheap places to refill V.4 (2017)

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @taoman: Am I right about the direct application of the refill from Megasaver? There's no way they'll email you the PIN, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @taoman: Am I right about the direct application of the refill from Megasaver? There's no way they'll email you the PIN, right?
    Not taoman, but you are correct: they will not email the PIN. They applied multiple PINs almost instantly today when I refilled my family's lines, but I understand that sometimes you want to have the PIN on hand to apply it when you need it. I will say I once ordered during off-hours by accident and they still applied the PINs within half an hour, which I did not expect. (I stack them a couple of weeks in advance so I can get that off my to-do list!)

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    That's been my experience. I think it's a fraud issue. Much less chance of fraud if you give your phone number and they refill your account directly.

Some Verizon prepaid refill card sellers on eBay are going this route also rather than giving you the actual PINs. When I've asked them about it they say it's to avoid fraud. However, half the time after I give them my phone number they give me the PINs anyway.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile, Lycamobile, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hrm. I must have read wrong from this thread but megasaver does not work for pageplus pay as you go. I added a $10 one time in the dropdown and they deposited a date stacked card that doesn't seem to apply to prepay as if I try to activate it on the webpage; it says you will lose your existing balance.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Refilled two separate PPC lines of service (Standard Plan PAYGO) with $10 amounts this morning from the MegaSaver website (which adds directly - no PINs passed to me). I used PayPal for payment in two separate transactions.

No snags. Additions were reflected almost immediately (at least within a couple of minutes), verified at my PPC website account. $9.61 total each using code "HOWARD".

Feedback Score
    Refilled two separate PPC lines of service (Standard Plan PAYGO) with $10 amounts this morning from the MegaSaver website (which adds directly - no PINs passed to me). I used PayPal for payment in two separate transactions.

No snags. Additions were reflected almost immediately (at least within a couple of minutes), verified at my PPC website account. $9.61 total each using code "HOWARD".
    Just did the same. PayPal was charged once and only one of the $10 pins came in so I expect the 2nd one will come later.

Thanks for the tip, guys.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Did my routine PPC Standard Plan refill of two lines from Megasaver just now. Same as Post #65 above.

Strangely, in the week's run-up to this date, I get notification texts from PPC to both lines, first one that I have seven days remaining, then one that I have three days remaining. But, after the Megasaver refill to both, I get a confirmation text to only one of the lines ("Card no. xxxx... has been applied..."). I routinely go to the PPC website to confirm the balance to both for certainty. No problems.

Additional comments: After first posting this, about three hours after verifying on the PPC website that the funds had been added, the line of service that didn't get the confirmation SMS notification of same DID receive an SMS that I had only one service day left (indicating that part of their mechanism didn't even know the funds had been added in that large gap of time. So funny.).
    Last edited by whacker; 11-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Refilled $10 card today using HOWARD. Loaded to phone immediately. No issue.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5