Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 288

Thread: Omni says that Verizon is sending letters to 8200 UDP people who are using over 200gb

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    0

    Omni says that Verizon is sending letters to 8200 UDP people who are using ov...

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    No matter what VZ said was/wasn't allowed to be done with UDP contracts, I renewed my UDP contract on VZ's own website without any loopholes. Login, select UDP line that was out of contract, select subsidized phone, pay for said phone, contract renewed.

    There's even a page that allows me to select a data plan and, guess what, "Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones" is one of the selections.

    This could be done at least a year ago and it can still be done today.

    Again...VZ's own website.

    Attachment 148085
    Exactly


    Oh yours is $49.99?

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Exactly


    Oh yours is $49.99?
    Yeah, they raised the prices on UDP lines a while back for those out of contract.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    196
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    No matter what VZ said was/wasn't allowed to be done with UDP contracts, I renewed my UDP contract on VZ's own website without any loopholes. Login, select UDP line that was out of contract, select subsidized phone, pay for said phone, contract renewed.

    There's even a page that allows me to select a data plan and, guess what, "Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones" is one of the selections.

    This could be done at least a year ago and it can still be done today.

    Again...VZ's own website.

    Attachment 148085

    what is the response from Numya and Jet on this? absolute silence

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Yeah, they raised the prices on UDP lines a while back for those out of contract.
    I know. Mine is $29.99 and I'll be upgrading soon 🏻

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    No matter what VZ said was/wasn't allowed to be done with UDP contracts, I renewed my UDP contract on VZ's own website without any loopholes. Login, select UDP line that was out of contract, select subsidized phone, pay for said phone, contract renewed.

    There's even a page that allows me to select a data plan and, guess what, "Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones" is one of the selections.

    This could be done at least a year ago and it can still be done today.

    Again...VZ's own website.

    Attachment 148085
    And before someone replies saying UDP-price-increased lines could only keep UDP if they got a new phone paid in full or DPP...this is what I see when I choose a phone with the UDP line.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.25.02 AM.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  47.7 KB



    And here is the phone added to my cart.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.26.27 AM.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  45.9 KB

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    And before someone replies saying UDP-price-increased lines could only keep UDP if they got a new phone paid in full or DPP...this is what I see when I choose a phone with the UDP line.
    If you have a UDP line upgrade available, I would use it. We don't know for how much longer this option will remain available to us. Verizon said it was going away on the 5th, obviously that didn't happen. I have $29.99/mo UDP and still have the option to get subsidized phones.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,813
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantseeme View Post

    what is the response from Numya and Jet on this? absolute silence
    youcantseeme, I've never taken an issue with VZ allowing people to renew their contracts. If they want to renew contracts, so what?

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    759
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tether to my laptap for a month and I was only averaging 20GB to 30GB.
    Current carrier: Sprint (11/01/2017)
    Previous carriers: T-mobile & Verizon

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post
    I tether to my laptap for a month and I was only averaging 20GB to 30GB.
    And you gut a letter?

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasterjj View Post
    I tether to my laptap for a month and I was only averaging 20GB to 30GB.
    Get back on contract.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/VerizonUDP

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    If you have a UDP line upgrade available, I would use it. We don't know for how much longer this option will remain available to us. Verizon said it was going away on the 5th, obviously that didn't happen. I have $29.99/mo UDP and still have the option to get subsidized phones.
    Yeah, I'm going to get back on contract here real soon.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    160
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    And before someone replies saying UDP-price-increased lines could only keep UDP if they got a new phone paid in full or DPP...this is what I see when I choose a phone with the UDP line.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.25.02 AM.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  47.7 KB



    And here is the phone added to my cart.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.26.27 AM.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  45.9 KB
    Once my line went from $29.99 to $49.99, I was able to get a phone on device payments or 2 year contract without losing the UDP. Before that on 29.99, I could only get one if I changed the data plan.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,948
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Technically you were only supposed to be able to DPP, but the system wasn't set up for that... so they let 2-years go through on $49.99 UDP.

    If you can still do it, it's only because of a legacy server glitch. So do it if you can, ASAP.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Technically you were only supposed to be able to DPP, but the system wasn't set up for that... so they let 2-years go through on $49.99 UDP.

    If you can still do it, it's only because of a legacy server glitch. So do it if you can, ASAP.
    This is wrong too. I can do a 2 year contract subsidized phone right now on the regular verizon site. For whatever reason, Verizon hasn't done away with 2 year contract options for those on grandfathered plans yet. You can't get them through BB or apple any more, but you can still get them from both the regular and iconic sites. VARs are able to do them too.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    I know. Mine is $29.99 and I'll be upgrading soon ��
    Did the person who didn't respond to you before acquire the line?

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. would like to here from people who are trying aio $55 plan
    By stangjames in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 07:28 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 12:21 PM
  3. If you dont believe that verizon is trying to kill indirect...you need to
    By syncwireless1 in forum VZW Employees and Agents Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 10:23 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 10:09 PM

Bookmarks