Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Omni says that Verizon is sending letters to 8200 UDP people who are using over 200gb

Feedback Score

Omni says that Verizon is sending letters to 8200 UDP people who are using over 200gb

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3a & 4xl; Moto X4 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtashk View Post
    Fasten your seatbelt, this ought to be good.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Given that nothing seemed to happen with the last set of letters (except for one person who brought extra attention to himself), I'd be cautious about making assumptions here.

Feedback Score
    I personally know 2 people that lost their UDP from the last round.

Feedback Score
    A lot of people lost udp last round if they didn't take action and get back under contract. So the high usage letters are known to have teeth. The T1114 letters however have as of yet done nothing.

Feedback Score
    I'm not against people keeping their UDPs, but usage of something like 200 GB is clearly abusive and being used as a home connection in many cases. These UDPs were sold long ago when people had trouble understanding how much data usage they'd be running up on their phones and the hardware of the time could not keep with DSL/Cable modems.

Even T-Mobile has limits. They limit tethering to 7GB and it can be increased to 20 GB for an additional fee. They also were throttling smartphone data at about 17GB until the FCC stepped in and fined them.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I actually agree with you on that. I am surprised they set the bar at 200GB, surprised it was not 100GB. And I have a line that did 152GB last month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_S4 View Post
    I'm not against people keeping their UDPs, but usage of something like 200 GB is clearly abusive and being used as a home connection in many cases. These UDPs were sold long ago when people had trouble understanding how much data usage they'd be running up on their phones and the hardware of the time could not keep with DSL/Cable modems.

Even T-Mobile has limits. They limit tethering to 7GB and it can be increased to 20 GB for an additional fee. They also were throttling smartphone data at about 17GB until the FCC stepped in and fined them.
    Just correction, they (TMobile)raised the tethering to 14GB and with the One plan is unlimited with 3G speeds (though more like 2.5G since it's at 325kbps or so). Half your data use would have to be on the smartphone though they would disconnect your line as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
    Just correction, they (TMobile)raised the tethering to 14GB and with the One plan is unlimited with 3G speeds (though more like 2.5G since it's at 325kbps or so). Half your data use would have to be on the smartphone though they would disconnect your line as well.
    That sounds fair enough to me. It's not that hard to find (free) WiFi.

Feedback Score
    The line I use for internet at home is at 110GB and I have 10 days left.

Hopefully if i'm lucky someone will run internet out here before my contract runs out in 2018.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    http://www.viaero.com/shop/plans/home-phone-internet/

Just saying... this carrier seem to think 250GB for $150 or 100GB for $90 is viable in markets with ~20MHz of spectrum for GSM/HSPA/LTE.

Overages are $1/GB.

Unlimited with fare use deprioritization of 15GB per day is being offered on modernized areas. They seem to have leased spectrum from Magenta and Union Wireless to get 2xCA active in many areas.

Feedback Score
    Anybody who gets disconnected call winback and play stupid and get reconnected. Anyone who doesn't call within 14 days I believe is done for so don't rest on your laurels. This is info I got from another source so correct me if I'm wrong.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_S4 View Post
    Incredibly good point. I roll my eyes when I see people huffing and puffing that their ancient UDP is under attack when they're clearly haven't been using it for its intended purpose. They can argue all they want that they signed up for unlimited so they can do whatever they want but let's be real here, they found a sweet loophole, it was good for awhile, and now Verizon is finally plugging it up. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what they're doing because in the end it's their product.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    A lot of people lost udp last round if they didn't take action and get back under contract. So the high usage letters are known to have teeth. The T1114 letters however have as of yet done nothing.
    I never understood how a UDP user could get under contract when you could only get a contract when getting a subsidized device which isn't allowed for UDP line. At any rate 2 year contracts are going away so there isn't any "getting back on contract" this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya_Bizness View Post
    I never understood how a UDP user could get under contract when you could only get a contract when getting a subsidized device which isn't allowed for UDP line. At any rate 2 year contracts are going away so there isn't any "getting back on contract" this time.
    It's very easy actually. Just got my last line on contract tonight.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast