Thread: Verizon 2 year contracts ending 01/05/2017

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crux57 View Post
    You realize T-Mobile charges for sims?
    Would be happy to pay for a physical chip that I own. That's not a fee. Verizon offers them as a courtesy, but it isn't a fee.

When you cancel service, Verizon doesn't ask for the old SIM back. Because it's not a service or a loaned device.

If that is what is holding Verizon back from dropping fees - by all means, charge me the industry-standard $10 per SIM. Also, indirects and retailers (Apple aside) typically charge for Verizon SIM replacements.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    How does one get to the iconic page?
    I can't post links yet but just search Google for "verizon iconic portal" and it should be the first result. Looks like it's officially referred to as "Verizon Wireless PreOrder Lite" on the search results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Slight deviation from topic but, Upgrade fee going to $30 along with this. Haven't kept up with this thread so apologies if mentioned already. Even buying outright from them at full retail still have to pay the increased fee. Wondering if they will figure a way to charge those who buy from 3rd party and sim swap. Thinking to problematical as lots of us switch phones all the time from backup devices etc. Might be hard to distinguish. I hope we see more and more options of unlocked phones that work on Verizon.
    Yeah, noticed that a bit earlier too, and looks like it's been confirmed now as well. Paying for the privilege to stay and use the service, and now paying even more of that. Used to be that Verizon provided some credits to entice you to upgrade and stay, and now it's the other way around. Strange how that works.

Feedback Score
    Ok, so a line under loyalty plan just ended contract. So I wouldn't be able to renew the contract and get a subsidized phone?
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
    Ok, so a line under loyalty plan just ended contract. So I wouldn't be able to renew the contract and get a subsidized phone?
    No. Contract are over and contract typically are not cheaper. Why lock yourself into a contract for 2 years? I've seen to many times over the years that someone signs up for a 2 year contract and 12-18 months in they complain that they can't upgrade early and Verizon is being mean by enforcing the 2 year contract they willingly signed. On device payments you can upgrade anytime you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya_Bizness View Post
    No. Contract are over and contract typically are not cheaper. Why lock yourself into a contract for 2 years? I've seen to many times over the years that someone signs up for a 2 year contract and 12-18 months in they complain that they can't upgrade early and Verizon is being mean by enforcing the 2 year contract they willingly signed. On device payments you can upgrade anytime you want.
    Stop giving misinformation. Dude you are a virus. Stop it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
    You can try via the iconic portal or through the Verizon website yourself. Some people have reported seeing it on my Verizon... my account still shows 2 year upgrades on their site.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crux57 View Post
    Stop giving misinformation. Dude you are a virus. Stop it.
    you want me to report your post? I'm not giving out misinformation.

Feedback Score
    It is better to be under contract even for the simple reason of avoiding paying $49.99 vs $29.99 for udp.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    It is better to be under contract even for the simple reason of avoiding paying $49.99 vs $29.99 for udp.
    Hell ya!!!!

Feedback Score
    LOL! You are a piece of **** that needs to be banned for reporting post all of the time.

You are so ****ing jealous you don't have UDP that your blood boils. The rest of us laugh at you, lol!!!!

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    LOL! You are a piece of **** that needs to be banned for reporting post all of the time.

You are so ****ing jealous you don't have UDP that your blood boils. The rest of us laugh at you, lol!!!!
    I am more than happy to contribute to a GoFundMe if that's a reason... contingent on the money going to the UDP seller directly.

Seriously, if that is what it would take to end the madness, trolling, and bumping for the sake of bumping... I'll put down $20.

Both of you, enough!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Both of you, enough!
    Who do you think you are to talk like this? Eff you.

YOU ENOUGH. HATONCAT ENOUGH.

I mean wtf, who died and left you the kindergarten teacher to patrol these threads. It is bad enough we have these moronic mods who act like kindergarten teachers, now the regular posters do, lol!!! Get over yourself.

Feedback Score
    Report me, you simple minded person. We are all talking about UDPs and you're saying sometimes a two year contract doesn't make sense? You're smoking something good or you're just as clueless as I thought.

Feedback Score
    I find value in both the 2 year and the phone payments. For me the 2 year makes sense on the expensive phones. On a payment plan, the iPhone 7 adds too much to the bill for my taste. The device payment id only use for phones that wouldn't be more than 10 or 15 month but that's just personal preference.

Either way both can have their benefits for a variety of reasons like access fees etc.

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast