Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Verizon 2 year contracts ending 01/05/2017

Feedback Score
    Just saw this posted.....

http://www.macrumors.com/2017/01/05/...-for-upgrades/

Just wanted to add since I've only seen a couple other sites that have been discussing this.

Feedback Score
    It's all over

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    Very interesting. Does it allow you to choose a phone, or are you just saying that your phones show as "upgrade eligible in My Verizon? Are you viewing on a desktop browser or mobile (and which one)? I was checking on iOS Safari, and looking at iPhone 7 once logged in and clicked thru from an eligible line. I also have tried Mac Chrome. Either way, "upgrade eligible" lines in My VZW, but only retail or DPP on phone shopping pages.
    When I log into my Verizon and click shop it shows a 2 year contract price as well as full price and DPP. Now if I were to actually try to buy one would it let me I'm not sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya_Bizness View Post
    Ok not forever. People leave then come back all the time.

As far as not needing good coverage because of wi-fi calling. Well if one has access to wi-fi for wi-fi calling the also have access to wi-fi for data so they don't need unlimited data. Hmmm.

Third you seem to think Verizon would continue to be "uncompetitive" in pricing forever even if they lose tens of millions of customers as you suggest they are going to end up doing. No, you see if tens of millions actually left Verizon, then like all businesses that want to actually survive, they would adjust it's plans and prices. Oh and by the way Verizon DOES in fact do this ALL THE TIME. In 2012 4 lines and 20 GB on a Share Everything plan would cost $310. Now you can get 4 lines and 24 GB for $190 AND you also get carryover and safety mode. 2 things you didn't get for your $310. In fact for $305 you can get 50 GB and 4 lines. But no Verizon never changes. Just last year Verizon drop the price of their 30 GB and higher plans by 40%. But that's nothing.
    No idea how or why you make a connection between wifi calling and unlimited data, but my point is that the one redeeming aspect of Verizon (good voice coverage) is negated by wifi calling. So now it's all about data coverage.

I don't think Verizon is worth its $225 Billion market capitalization and I've bought some long dated put options to put my money where my mouth is. Sure, they will exist in the future. With about 20-30 million less customers than they have today, and smaller profit margins. They will have the P/E multiple of a utility company.
    Last edited by karpodiem; 01-05-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here (or elsewhere), but looks like the device activation/upgrade fee went up to $30 (from $20) too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was able to purchase a phone on 2 year contract. Still waiting for device is ready for pickup

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post
    I was able to purchase a phone on 2 year contract. Still waiting for device is ready for pickup

Hope this lasts until I'm eligible to upgrade !!!

Feedback Score

Verizon 2 year contracts ending 01/05/2017

Quote Originally Posted by huskers15 View Post

Today? Thru VZW website? What browser? What plan are you on? Maybe it is plan dependent, or maybe it just hasn't updated to affect all customers yet. We do not have the option on the account with eligible lines on legacy TVP plan, and don't have upgrade eligible lines currently on other plan types.

Feedback Score
    I can not see it from my side. Maybe some still have the option. But best buy 2 year contracts is over.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here (or elsewhere), but looks like the device activation/upgrade fee went up to $30 (from $20) too.
    I think when I did the 2 year upgrade via Best Buy yesterday on my UDP plan and picked the iPhone 7 it said $40 upgrade fee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_1983 View Post
    I think when I did the 2 year upgrade via Best Buy yesterday on my UDP plan and picked the iPhone 7 it said $40 upgrade fee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I wonder if the fees might be different for 2-year contract upgrades and/or those for older plans. I know I recently upgraded using device payment plan and the upgrade fee was $20 (per line). Now looking around the Verizon site if I wanted to upgrade an eligible line using the same device payment plan the upgrade fee seems to come up as $30.

Feedback Score
    How would this work exactly? I read the thread that you provided, but if my contract end date is 9/18/2018 and I can't upgrade at the subsidized price on 9/18/2018, then it becomes a little problematic. I can't upgrade beforehand except at the full price. Make sense? I guess I don't understand how to stagger the dates of equipment upgrade and contract end date.

Feedback Score
    My udp contract ended on 10/2016, but I let it become $49.99 because I feel better to be out of contract which I can go anywhere if Verizon ends my UDP (don't want hassle on fighting with ETF) and even $49.99 UDP is still better than new plan for my usage (15-20 GB monthly). And I just got a Christmas deal on iPhone 7 128gb (31-16 credit from Verizon) which I won't complain much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lyngo View Post
    How would this work exactly? I read the thread that you provided, but if my contract end date is 9/18/2018 and I can't upgrade at the subsidized price on 9/18/2018, then it becomes a little problematic. I can't upgrade beforehand except at the full price. Make sense? I guess I don't understand how to stagger the dates of equipment upgrade and contract end date.
    There wouldn't be subsidized pricing upgrades basically. You'd have the option to upgrade at whatever options are available at that time, like device payment plan, or buying a device outright, etc.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    Today? Thru VZW website? What browser? What plan are you on? Maybe it is plan dependent, or maybe it just hasn't updated to affect all customers yet. We do not have the option on the account with eligible lines on legacy TVP plan, and don't have upgrade eligible lines currently on other plan types.
    We are on the Verizon plan ( the new one ) we have no upgrades available as all 4 lines are on DPP.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast