Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Dual SIM Phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score

Best Dual SIM Phone?

Other than OnePlus is there any other really good value out there right now?
    Dissapointed Pixel did single SIM only

Feedback Score
    Have you considered the ZTE Axon 7 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Other than OnePlus is there any other really good value out there right now?
    Dissapointed Pixel did single SIM only

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Huawei Mate 9

Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    The zenfone3 deluxe is another one. I have the older zenfone 2 and quite satisfied with it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you are willing to shop in the grey market and forego warranty coverage, a great many phones have a dual SIM version. To mitigate risk of no warranty, I keep things to inexpensive models and avoid the flagships. I've been using a dual-SIM original Moto G for over three years. I think that every generation of Moto G has had a dual SIM version. Similarly, the LG Power X has one... there are so many, that you might as well assume that any attractive model in NA has an international dual-SIM version and check for it.

IN the NA market, BLU has lots of dual SIM models.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    IMHO, US cellular carriers will never sell/endorse dual SIM phones as it in their best interest to sell 2 phones rather than allowing 2 phone #'s on the same device. If a consumer wants to use such a device, they should not be restricted from buying those types of phones.

Unfortunately some carriers will not allow those devices to be activated on their network, unless they sell the device.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind, that Dual SIM Phones, the 2nd SIM is usually 2G and with the 2G Shutdown of AT&T, the second sim slot is virtually useless.

Feedback Score
    Are you referring to some ancient dino phones? I doubt that the newer dual SIM phones mentioned here like the Axon 7 have such a crude limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    Keep in mind, that Dual SIM Phones, the 2nd SIM is usually 2G and with the 2G Shutdown of AT&T, the second sim slot is virtually useless.

Feedback Score
    Re: Axon 7 SIM 2:

https://community.zteusa.com/thread/1471

"Re: Dual SIM standby question...

sshasan Jun 8, 2016 1:29 PM
    The response that we got back from R&D is that the 2nd SIM will camp on UMTS for Voice. There is also the option to toggle between LTE on both SIM 1 & SIM 2 for Data as long as both SIM Cards support it."

So SIM 2 on Axon 7 is 3G, not limited to 2G.

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Are you referring to some ancient dino phones? I doubt that the newer dual SIM phones mentioned here like the Axon 7 have such a crude limitation.
    Cheers!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There are really no good dual SIM phones and you'd be hard pressed to actually find one to buy here in the United States. You might search eBay for the dual-sim Moto G.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire 626, LG G3, Moto E2, Lumia 640 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, Truphone, Lycamobile, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    There are several choices for North American variant dual sim phones. ZTE Axon 7, Axon 7 mini, Huawei Honor 5x, Honor 8, Samsung J5 and J7.

Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    This is totally false it's almost funny! You can buy dual sim phones here in the US from pretty much anywhere besides the carrier themselves. Bestbuy, walmart, amazon, etc. Tons of online stores sell dual sim phones. My first dual sim phone, a samsung galaxy, about 8 years ago was bought via Amazon. My current one, the ASUS xenfone 2 was bought via the ASUS USA online store. ZTE, onePlus, Asus are examples of very solid dual sim phones.

Quote Originally Posted by mimranyameen View Post
    There are really no good dual SIM phones and you'd be hard pressed to actually find one to buy here in the United States. You might search eBay for the dual-sim Moto G.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    Yes I know this is major issue
    2G SIM only or foreign bands that do not work in USA

I really would like a dual SIM where both work on AT&T/T-Mobile ideally
    LTE would be nice but really want 4G support either way

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    To further expand on my original post

Initially I was worried about brands like Xiaomi, Huawei, Blu, etc as these were names I never heard of before
    I had read about Samsung, Moto, OnePlus selling dual SIM phones for Europe but in North America they are always single SIM versions

I am not interested in super-high end devices (eg S7 Edge is way outside a realistic budget) but worry buying a brand I never heard of (eg Blu) will result in some kind of quality issues

Feedback Score
    Huawei made the Nexus 6P if that tells you anything . I've had a Huawei Ascend Mate 2 for over a year and just got a bargain Huawei Ascend XT during BF. I would get another Huawei based on my experience with my Ascend Mate 2 so far for over a year.

What is your dual SIM phone budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    To further expand on my original post

Initially I was worried about brands like Xiaomi, Huawei, Blu, etc as these were names I never heard of before
    I had read about Samsung, Moto, OnePlus selling dual SIM phones for Europe but in North America they are always single SIM versions

I am not interested in super-high end devices (eg S7 Edge is way outside a realistic budget) but worry buying a brand I never heard of (eg Blu) will result in some kind of quality issues

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast