Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of giving up my unlimited plan, what are my options?

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thinking of giving up my unlimited plan, what are my options?

I am thinking of giving up my unlimited plan and going to a plan that has unlimited talk and text, like the New Verizon plan. I usually use less than 2 GB of data but sometimes approach 3 MB. I could save some money by going to the 2 GB New Verizon plan also.

My question is this. Are there any "special" data deals to lure unlimited users to give up their plans? Maybe something that is unadvertised? A couple of years ago there was the 6 MB Max plan. Or maybe there is a double data option or something like that. Any advice?

Feedback Score
    Is selling UDP still a thing? I'd do that once you know which plan you'll want. 2 GB sounds like a plan for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjack22 View Post
    I am thinking of giving up my unlimited plan and going to a plan that has unlimited talk and text, like the New Verizon plan. I usually use less than 2 GB of data but sometimes approach 3 MB. I could save some money by going to the 2 GB New Verizon plan also.

My question is this. Are there any "special" data deals to lure unlimited users to give up their plans? Maybe something that is unadvertised? A couple of years ago there was the 6 MB Max plan. Or maybe there is a double data option or something like that. Any advice?
    How about picking up the phone and calling retentions and ask them if they have any deals?

Feedback Score
    Ask if can get 2 add'l GB/mo without adding a new device as normally required. I'm not sure if this promo is over, though. I recall being offered it back in August with unlimited data.

Also, can possibly get 6GB/$29.99 if remain on NW

Sent from my SM-G900V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    If you sell the plan, you'll also have to give up your phone number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You don't have to give up your phone number. Just do the google voice port out trick. It should still work unless something changed.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beratblakaj View Post
    You don't have to give up your phone number. Just do the google voice port out trick. It should still work unless something changed.
    Whoops, totally forgot about that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I will call retentions and ask, can't hurt. I hate to give up my unlimited but in truth I don't need it. My data useage is so low. I could make better use of unlimited texts.

I will not sell my unlimited. Too much hassle.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am confused about the line access fee. I am currently under contract until Oct 2017. If I switch to the New Verizon Plan will I pay $20 or $40 for the line access charge?

Feedback Score
    I am confused about the line access fee. I am currently under contract until Oct 2017. If I switch to the New Verizon Plan will I pay $20 or $40 for the line access charge?
    $40

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I gave up my UL as I never really needed it after I was able to get home internet. The 6GBMax plan was a good option but I found I needed to be able to text and that plan doesn't offer that so I paid an additional $10/month for 1000 texts. As I soon realized they 6GB of data was even more than I needed I opted for the 3GB plan with the UL texts. This might be a good option for the OP. Also the 2GB plan saves another $10/month if 2GB is enough data. It is $15/GB for overages.
    Not clear on the rollover data with the "Verizon Plans", does anyone know about that? Is it a no cost add on?

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I would have to pay the $40 line access charge because I am still under contract? I should wait until I am out of contract to switch plans then? I don't want to pay $40. That negates my savings.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I will call retentions and ask, can't hurt. I hate to give up my unlimited but in truth I don't need it. My data useage is so low. I could make better use of unlimited texts.

I will not sell my unlimited. Too much hassle.
    I find myself putting myself through far greater hassles than selling an unlimited plan in hopes of earning $800-$1000. I wish it wasn't so for me, but it is.

Anyway, lines under contract are $40 under new Verizon plans, and switch to $20 as soon as contract expires, or sometimes when early upgrades occur and one opts for device payment plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So...what is the logic of having to pay $40 while under contract and only $20 when out of contract. I can't see the reason.

I wonder if they would waive the extra $20 just to get me off of unlimited? Thoughts?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So...what is the logic of having to pay $40 while under contract and only $20 when out of contract. I can't see the reason.

I wonder if they would waive the extra $20 just to get me off of unlimited? Thoughts?
    They want people on DPP and the new plans. No, they won't waive it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast