Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atom bomb View Post
    I'm looking to utilize the trade in promo which gives me $200 + trade in towards an S7. Is there a best practice to get this activated on the QC $55 8GB plan with a tab? Think I end up with a Medium tab if that makes any difference? Do I choose the cheapest ON plan that I can put on a tab then switch to a QC number then when the billing cycle comes due, switch the plan? Any idea when the plan is going to disappear?

FYI, I went to the Koodo store and they were told from head office to NOT allow people out of province to setup a QC number due to abuse so I just left.

Thanks in advance!
    QC 8GB plan is for Tab Large. So if you have a Medium Tab, you only going to see the 6GB plan $54

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keigotw View Post
    QC 8GB plan is for Tab Large. So if you have a Medium Tab, you only going to see the 6GB plan $54
    Oh ok, was confused since it's on their website under the BYOD/no tab plans as well (the 8GB plan). Do I choose the cheapest ON plan that I can put on a tab then switch to a QC number then when the billing cycle comes due, switch the plan?

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atom bomb View Post
    Oh ok, was confused since it's on their website under the BYOD/no tab plans as well (the 8GB plan). Do I choose the cheapest ON plan that I can put on a tab then switch to a QC number then when the billing cycle comes due, switch the plan?
    That plan is either BYOD or Large tab.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, that makes more sense, thanks! So I could put it on a tab then pay it right off and get the plan once the billing cycle hits.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I only noticed just now that - although there is a warning - the first post does say that one way to go about MB/SK is with a fake address. I'm uncomfortable with that even being there. The whole point is getting a number through a loophole that is not fraudulent.

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    I only noticed just now that - although there is a warning - the first post does say that one way to go about MB/SK is with a fake address. I'm uncomfortable with that even being there. The whole point is getting a number through a loophole that is not fraudulent.
    +1 they should remove that.

Feedback Score
    Does public mobile have the same 30 day port restriction or does it fall under the Koodo / Telus because it uses the same network?

I ended up paying $20 for a Koodo sim card, is that the cheapest way to get a ON number?

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    +1 they should remove that.
    Agreed. And now we have posters trying to rationalize the legality/chance of getting caught and/or bragging about getting the plan through fraud - none of which is the point of this thread, or this forum, and quite frankly, they don't belong here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTOttawa View Post
    Agreed. And now we have posters trying to rationalize the legality/chance of getting caught and/or bragging about getting the plan through fraud - none of which is the point of this thread, or this forum, and quite frankly, they don't belong here.
    LOL this whole thread is about being dishonest. People from other Provinces jumping onto plans only meant for QC or SK by exploiting a computer sysyem. You can't pull the puritan card all of a sudden you fruitloop dingus <3

Feedback Score
    Hey everyone, If you're going to continue to flame back and forth about the legalities of this plan, and right from wrong. I'll have to choice but to close it. Please consider this your first and final warning. If the flaming continues I have no issues issuing bans.
    Help to keep the HoFo community in harmony...... REPORT PROBLEMATIC POSTS to us by using report a post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumanji69 View Post
    LOL this whole thread is about being dishonest. People from other Provinces jumping onto plans only meant for QC or SK by exploiting a computer sysyem.
    I think it's just about the falsified address, while you're right about the entire thing being a dishonest practice, no one should be encouraging falsifying their own personal information to manipulate a system's loophole. It'd be like suggesting using a stolen credit card to purchase the sim card... and that's just bad advice.

For everyone else, the loophole can be done with your own home address.

EDIT: shoot, I posted after the mod warning, I didn't see it.

Feedback Score
    I just got the LG G4 with $360 Tab and got $250 Prepaid Card. It is on a Tab Medium. I just cheked the plans for Koodo and realize the $55 8GB plan does not exist on Tab Medium. Only on the large tab or No tab?

What am I supposed to do? Did I screw myself? Also the people at WOW mobile said I can't pay off my tab within 3 months or else I will have to give back the Prepaid cards. Is that true? What to do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Transient77 View Post
    Yes, but you can't port a number from Koodo postpaid to Koodo postpaid. To move your number between the two, you need somewhere to move it to in the middle, such as a Koodo or Telus prepaid SIM. Avoid using another company in between or the transfer could take weeks.

Old SIM -> Prepaid SIM -> New SIM

Also, it is fine to have both the old and new postpaid SIMs on the same account, but take care as sometimes the self-service site changes which number you're working on. Just double check before submitting.
    Perfect thank you!

The timeline is right though, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by situation1987 View Post
    I just got the LG G4 with $360 Tab and got $250 Prepaid Card. It is on a Tab Medium. I just cheked the plans for Koodo and realize the $55 8GB plan does not exist on Tab Medium. Only on the large tab or No tab?

What am I supposed to do? Did I screw myself? Also the people at WOW mobile said I can't pay off my tab within 3 months or else I will have to give back the Prepaid cards. Is that true? What to do?
    You have 15 days and a specific amount of call time to return the phone. Open a new line on the account and then cancel the tab and tab line.

Feedback Score
    It's not related to this thread but maybe it's good to have opinion here.

I have 64$ Plan with 7.5 GB of data and it's the Alberta plan ( Visual Voicemail Included) with Koodo.

Should I switch to 55$ Quebec plan ? + 2$ VVM ( - 10$ for 12 months)

I mean I am on fence about whole Alberta vs. Quebec illegibility in the long run regarding making changes to the account ( specifically add ons) and someone bothering to change it?

Not trying to be cheap here but I will buy a homeless guy jacket by the end of th year then paying these corps unjustifiable extra 10$

Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 59 109 ... LastLast