Page 26 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 76 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Feedback Score
    Name:  IMG_7245.PNG
Views: 951
Size:  169.2 KB

Quick question. I just ran out my data. My cycle ends on 16th. Does that mean I will get new months data on the night of 15th? Or when the 16th ends (night of 16th) ?

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by singh123456 View Post

Quick question. I just ran out my data. My cycle ends on 16th. Does that mean I will get new months data on the night of 15th? Or when the 16th ends (night of 16th) ?
    End of 16th

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score

Why would you get a 'new months data' on the 15th when you cycle ends on the 16th?

Your new cycle would start on the 17.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beals90 View Post
    It will take 2-3 months for it to start...
    Now the question., retroactive lump sum credit back to the date you started? so....if 3 months...$30 credit?

pics like this...bring me great joy.

Bravo Sir.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Feedback Score
    I'm at the stage of porting over my Rogers ON # to my new Koodo plan -

I have 2 phone numbers under one Rogers account going to two new Koodo numbers. Is there any special instructions for porting two lines from one account? I figure port the secondary line first just-in-case (I'm worried since it's the same Rogers account number, if I port one number over it'll close the account and I'll lose the second number). Thanks for the advice!
    ~M

Feedback Score
    I would call Rogers and ask them. I would think there is a primary number the account was probably setup up on so that one should be the last one you would port. But I am just spitballing here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerblue View Post
    There's a specific instruction for those looking to upgrade Koodo Monthly to Koodo Monthly:
    - Sign up/activate a Koodo/Telus prepaid fully (burn a new number) - you need never install the prepaid SIM.
    - Port into that account the number you want from your old account.
    - Log into your newly minted Koodo whatever account, and port in from the burner prepaid account.
    Did the shuffle through Telus prepaid today no problems (just a bit more $ than Koodo prepaid ATM).

Also, as people were asking, once you have one of these plans, NEVER go back to a Koodo retailer for a hardware U/G on the Tab, unless you're good to switch to an in-market plan. (I learned the hard way... can't speak for actual Koodo corporate kiosks). It does sound though that you can take advantage of online koodomobile shop deals ATM.

I had the old Koodo 55 MB/SK 5GB plan and I went to the kiosk many times for upgrades and questions. All I got was "That's a really good plan". Why would you advise that we stay away from kiosks now?
    Last edited by plunix; 01-15-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    Anyone still on the MB plan having issues adding a US roaming add on?

This worked fine for me in Oct and November, but I get

Koodo: Error! Sorry we were NOT able to add this to your account. Please call *611 for assistance. It's a free Koodo call.
    Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3216 View Post
    I would call Rogers and ask them. I would think there is a primary number the account was probably setup up on so that one should be the last one you would port. But I am just spitballing here.
    Thanks - yes, you were right! no problem doing secondary line port first, then primary line

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrimace View Post
    Thanks - yes, you were right! no problem doing secondary line port first, then primary line
    Glad to hear you got the answer you were looking for!

I was just applying logic but nice to know my guess was right. Lol.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Audiovox 5050
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Canada
    Feedback Score

Clarification: "change" versus "new" or "move"

I might sound stupid here, but I just want to be sure I'm doing it right. All instructions say to "change" your phone number to a QC number, but Koodo's self serve options are:

1. I need a new mobile phone number
    2. I want to move a number

There is no literal "change" option, but I'm assuming it's one of the 2 options above. Can someone confirm which option is the option I should use - "new" or "move" ?

Also, I'm from Ontario and setting a family member up with a whole new number, and I understand I have to get the final Ontario number by purchasing a pre-paid SIM. Does that mean the cost of the pre-paid SIM is essentially lost, i.e. the cost of doing business to get a new phone number ?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Pretty sure I need a new mobile phone number is what you need. It will give you options once in there and you can always back out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trader416 View Post
    I might sound stupid here, but I just want to be sure I'm doing it right. All instructions say to "change" your phone number to a QC number, but Koodo's self serve options are:

There is no literal "change" option, but I'm assuming it's one of the 2 options above. Can someone confirm which option is the option I should use - "new" or "move" ?

Also, I'm from Ontario and setting a family member up with a whole new number, and I understand I have to get the final Ontario number by purchasing a pre-paid SIM. Does that mean the cost of the pre-paid SIM is essentially lost, i.e. the cost of doing business to get a new phone number ?

Thanks.
    If you signed up with a ON number, you'll need to get a new QC number via Self Serve to access the QC plans.

The pre-paid step is only needed if you want to port an existing ON (or other province) number over. If you want a brand new ON number, this is not needed... That being said, I'm not sure if you'll be able to request a new ON number through self-serve after the QC plan is active without the system making you choose a in-market plan. I guess could always activate the prepaid plan with any ON number and then port that over. And yes, the cost of the pre-paid sim is 'lost'. This is the 'cost' of working through this 'loophole'.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trader416 View Post

Thanks.
    When you c lick on MOVE NUMBER it brings up the port screen. Account # Pin # and Phone number to MOVE.

The New mobile number would be if you want a NEW number...
    Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 5050
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Canada
    Feedback Score

Pre-Paid card

Further to my question 4 posts back, I bought a $25 pre-paid SIM from Koodo - then I went on-line to activate it. The on-line activation requires you to pick the plan you want (I already did by virtue of paying $25 for it), and then it requires that you pay $25 again ! Am I missing something ? I'll have paid $50 for a $25 pre-paid card if I continue with my activation. (although, they give a $20 rebate, so I'll only have paid $30 for a $25 card)

Page 26 of 114 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 76 ... LastLast