Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdguy1965 View Post
    If you have an existing Ontario koodo number is there a way to switch the plan? What if you change your address to Quebec - the fact that you have an Ontario area code are you able to change the plan to Quebec?
    From past experience you need to port out to another carrier and then start.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudhmasta View Post
    I don't believe it is possible to get Videotron by calling in from outside Quebec? 4 lines (group buy with friends) would get you an additional $15 discount per line! That would mean 6gb = $34 + tax
    Videotron sells in Ottawa region Ontario as well
    They have free cross Canada roaming (on Rogers) if you get the SIM
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    Typical Videotron,

I checked their site earlier and it had BYOD pricing. Now it doesn't show BYOD. They never really wanted BYOD. I remember seeing other iterations of other plans during the holidays and they wouldn't have BYOD prices.They only introduced BYOD because I guess Koodoo was doing well.
    What are you talking about? BYOD discounts are listed (and even if they weren't, the legalese is quite clear about discount percent if BYOD, student plans (extra discount if you in school/university)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    What are you talking about? BYOD discounts are listed (and even if they weren't, the legalese is quite clear about discount percent if BYOD, student plans (extra discount if you in school/university)
    I know what I'm talking about. It is there now but for a couple of hours it wasn't.

Also, I check their site on a regular basis and in Dec and Jan they would not explicitly have BYOD prices on their site. Only that BYOD could be as much as 25% off contract pricing. Having done the math on their 8GB plan at -25% it would still have been more expensive than the Koodoo BYOD.

Furthermore, There are times where their site has BYOD and Contract at the same price.

I really don't think Videotron likes BYOD as they took long to offer it to begin with. Actually the last in Quebec.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    I know what I'm talking about. It is there now but for a couple of hours it wasn't.
    I really don't think Videotron likes BYOD as they took long to offer it to begin with.
    When I checked the site a couple days ago the BYOD pricing wasn't there.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo, PM
    Feedback Score
    If you have an existing Ontario koodo number is there a way to switch the plan? What if you change your address to Quebec - the fact that you have an Ontario area code are you able to change the plan to Quebec?
    See FAQ #1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    I really don't think Videotron likes BYOD as they took long to offer it to begin with. Actually the last in Quebec.
    Folks, please keep non-Koodo discussion to a minimum.
    Koodo MB/QC how-to: click here

Feedback Score
    Can someone please clarify how to get tab with this?

I've tried but when you attempt to change the plan it says that you don't reside in that province. I'm assuming the ONLY WAY to do the tab is to change your billing address? Just changing the number isn't good enough.

Anyone that has done it please explain start to finish the steps. The instructions on the first page don't work.

Feedback Score
    can anyone confirm, we can't change to an out of province address through selfserve any longer?

Feedback Score
    We have to see some plan price changes soon. Just saw an ad for Ontario showing 6GB data and unlimited everything else for $35 a month. That's a smoking deal, public mobile and others must be getting ready to react to that.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beals90 View Post
    We have to see some plan price changes soon. Just saw an ad for Ontario showing 6GB data and unlimited everything else for $35 a month. That's a smoking deal, public mobile and others must be getting ready to react to that.
    What company was that Ontario ad for?
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada Talk & Text, 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Carrier(s)
    Koodo, PM
    Feedback Score
    Can someone please clarify how to get tab with this?

I've tried but when you attempt to change the plan it says that you don't reside in that province. I'm assuming the ONLY WAY to do the tab is to change your billing address? Just changing the number isn't good enough.

Anyone that has done it please explain start to finish the steps. The instructions on the first page don't work.
    After you're on QC plan and ported your in-province number: Are you getting an option for a tab (small/medium/large, anything)? I just tried to order a phone and based on my credit history with Koodo, I'm not eligible for Tab Large. That's that. I can either buy the phone outright or choose Tab Small. On my mum's account, I can choose Tab Medium as well.

Not sure where the confusion lies with so many folks here? You select the tab you're eligible for and order the phone, and have it delivered to your home. When/where are you being forced to change plans?

Quote Originally Posted by cly1025 View Post
    can anyone confirm, we can't change to an out of province address through selfserve any longer?
    Just tried to change to an authentic QC address and it won't let me. This only affects folks that are trying to take advantage of MB plan.

The QC loophole should be active unless reported otherwise.
    Last edited by sajjad365; 02-28-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beals90 View Post
    You are living in a dream land.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    What company was that Ontario ad for?
    Freedom Mobile, previously WIND

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    You are living in a dream land.

Freedom Mobile, previously WIND
    No dream land here, just saying we need to see lower prices eventually.

Feedback Score
    I switched to QC number and now I was able to get the plan I wanted (unlimited 6gb). Now I just need to port a number on Koodo Self serve so I can be back to an Ontario number. My question is, what is the easiest way to get a pre paid sim card and do I only need the sim card or a top up also. Thanks a lot in advanced. Is Koodo or virgin Telus bell the best/easiest prepaid sim to get to port?

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prinefan View Post
    I switched to QC number and now I was able to get the plan I wanted (unlimited 6gb). Now I just need to port a number on Koodo Self serve so I can be back to an Ontario number. My question is, what is the easiest way to get a pre paid sim card and do I only need the sim card or a top up also. Thanks a lot in advanced. Is Koodo or virgin Telus bell the best/easiest prepaid sim to get to port?
    Get a Koodo prepaid. It will already have $ on it. Once you have the number you want, you can port from the prepaid to the qc plan.

Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast