Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea View Post
    hmmm....I wonder what other word we can throw in this sentence...
    Be NICE!!!

Lol

Feedback Score
    Hey everyone! Thanks for this community I was able to get on the 48 MB plan back in September but on December went on a trip and took the phone with and suspended the service using the self serve to avoid roaming charges. Now when I go online to restore the service it tells me Sorry, you are not authorized to access this information.
    I can check the usage and the transaction history so the plan still works. So I went to the store and the rep didnt even do anything and straight up told me to call Koodo. He said sometimes they dont ask for an address. Is there any other way? Really dont want to call them. PLEASE let there be another way. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mohamad_; 01-21-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    May i know where you got $45- 8 gb?
    I had this as well, however it's a corp plan.
    It doesnt however, include unlimited long distance, at least for me it didnt.

Price per GB isn't really a great comparison when you factor in that people may need long distance etc.

Per per gb is only an efficient comparison model with you're comparing 2 exact same plans..

I now have the 55 dollar 8gb nationwide plan, which i find of better value (for the extra couple bucks)

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamad_ View Post
    Hey everyone! Thanks for this community I was able to get on the 48 MB plan back in September but on December went on a trip and took the phone with and suspended the service using the self serve to avoid roaming charges. Now when I go online to restore the service it tells me Sorry, you are not authorized to access this information.
    I can check the usage and the transaction history so the plan still works. So I went to the store and the rep didnt even do anything and straight up told me to call CSR. He said sometimes they dont ask for an address. Is there any other way? Really dont want to call them. PLEASE let there be another way. Thanks in advance!
    Why would you suspend your service to avoid roaming charges? Just turn off data roaming (it should be off by default), or pull your SIM!

Sent from my SM-N910C using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamad_ View Post
    I can check the usage and the transaction history so the plan still works. So I went to the store and the rep didnt even do anything and straight up told me to call CSR. He said sometimes they dont ask for an address. Is there any other way? Really dont want to call them. PLEASE let there be another way. Thanks in advance!
    If this:
    http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/...y-account-open

Is what you did then you are out of luck unless a CSR will give it back to you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanE View Post
    If this:

Is what you did then you are out of luck unless a CSR will give it back to you.
    No thats not what I did, silly me I just suspended it like what you do when you lose a phone. Dumb mistake.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    I had this as well, however it's a corp plan.
    It doesnt however, include unlimited long distance, at least for me it didnt.

Price per GB isn't really a great comparison when you factor in that people may need long distance etc.

Per per gb is only an efficient comparison model with you're comparing 2 exact same plans..

I now have the 55 dollar 8gb nationwide plan, which i find of better value (for the extra couple bucks)
    Maybe this picture will clear things up.

It is a direct Apples to Apples comparison, all the features I am comparing are the same (I actually get better ones with this plan: overages, international minutes, Virgin benefits, etc. but I'm only talking about price per GB here as a benchmark)

Name:  Plan.PNG
Views: 870
Size:  50.8 KB

EDIT: So to reiterate, these are my benchmarks:

My current plan is $45 for 8GB = ~$5.63/GB

$65 for 6GB = ~$10.84/GB

$55 for 8Gb = ~$6.88/GB

The original Manitoba price was $9.6/GB, anything higher than that is not a good deal.

Feedback Score
    It's strange why koodo got rid of the $55 8GB plan because Fido is still offering it in QC.

Feedback Score
    It's strange why koodo got rid of the $55 8GB plan because Fido is still offering it in QC.

That being said if Public Mobile ever offers $38 4GB with autopay I'd take the plan for sure.

Feedback Score
    Can someone please clarify how to get a phone on TAB with this?

Once you are already on the 'no tab' plan and have ported your number over, it isn't possible to get a phone on tab through the self-serve at the lower rate prices. It says 'not offered in your province'. It FORCES you to switch your plan to one corresponding to your province in order to get the phone.

I suspect the only way to do it is to get the phone+TAB FIRST, then 1.switch number to QC 2.switch plan 3.port in local number . Can someone confirm if this works please?

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdguy1965 View Post

Once you are already on the 'no tab' plan and have ported your number over, it isn't possible to get a phone on tab through the self-serve at the lower rate prices. It says 'not offered in your province'. It FORCES you to switch your plan to one corresponding to your province in order to get the phone.

I suspect the only way to do it is to get the phone+TAB FIRST, then 1.switch number to QC 2.switch plan 3.port in local number . Can someone confirm if this works please?
    Why not just save up and buy a phone outright?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    Why not just save up and buy a phone outright?
    Maybe I can't afford several hundred dollars all at once?

Would be nice if people replied with an actual answer.

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe I can't afford several hundred dollars all at once?

Would be nice if people replied with an actual answer.
    The plan works with a large tab, but you risk losing the plan entirely.

There are many good phones to be had for a couple hundred dollars. If you can't afford that, what are you using now?

Feedback Score
    You should have just switched roaming off through your device instead of through koodo

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Yes....what you said works.

Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 ... LastLast