Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 74 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3216 View Post
    I was just perusing the Fido qc plans and they still have the 8gb plan available @ $58.

I wonder if Koodo will bring it back for Quebec if Fido keeps it around?
    Virgin Mobile still have $55 8GB Plan for Quebec
    still on their website

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keigotw View Post
    still on their website
    Hmmmm thinking I should wait a few days to port my number just in case they bring it back to match them

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inmotionnow View Post
    Thank you, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Now my phone is not working, my prepaid is not working either, and i ll call them when their business hour

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atom bomb View Post
    Had to wait until this morning to switch but the 8GB plan was still available and I had no problems switching over to it. The one thing about Koodo that does suck is not having the roam like home...which I use a couple of times a year . Here's hoping they change that sometime this year! Thanks for all the advice everyone!
    rogers roam like home you still have to pay another $5 to $10 per day. Probably easier to just get a local sim card that includes data as it would be cheaper. (depending how long you're there).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try waiting until tomorrow, I think it's billing cycle + 1 day. That being said, even though Telus owns Koodo, I'm not sure if they are considered a "different" provider.
    Just wanted to provide an update on the Telus port. It's now day 2 of my billing cycle and I'm still getting the 90 day wait message when choosing the change my phone number option. So it looks like on Telus you may actually have to wait the 90 days unfortunately...

Feedback Score
    Ok, I have been following this conversation for some time, I'm in ON and last week I finally picked up a no-tab post-paid number in QC. I was with Telus previously, but this was a better deal. I originally signed up for a smaller plan, then intended to update the plan through self-serve once the new billing cycle kicked in. However, just before the new billing cycle kicked in, I made a mistake and ported my old number into my new Koodo account. I was thinking I would have to wait an additional 30 days once I changed plans to make another change to my account, my mistake. Anyway, once I ported my original number and the plan cycle turned over to the next month I quickly realized I only had access to the ON plans now, so I then selected a QC number and changed again. This did give me access to the QC plans again, but - and this is where I'm confused and concerned - my question now is "What happened to my old/original ON number?" Will I still be able to port it back in a few days? ... in the next billing cycle? Is it gone into a "virtual" recycle bin for 90 days, at which time I'll have to HOPE it's still available when I try to obtain it or am I simply out of luck and my old number is unlikely to be available to me again? Any insight into how this process works would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Bob R

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM_11 View Post
    Ok, I have been following this conversation for some time, I'm in ON and last week I finally picked up a no-tab post-paid number in QC. I was with Telus previously, but this was a better deal. I originally signed up for a smaller plan, then intended to update the plan through self-serve once the new billing cycle kicked in. However, just before the new billing cycle kicked in, I made a mistake and ported my old number into my new Koodo account. I was thinking I would have to wait an additional 30 days once I changed plans to make another change to my account, my mistake. Anyway, once I ported my original number and the plan cycle turned over to the next month I quickly realized I only had access to the ON plans now, so I then selected a QC number and changed again. This did give me access to the QC plans again, but - and this is where I'm confused and concerned - my question now is "What happened to my old/original ON number?" Will I still be able to port it back in a few days? ... in the next billing cycle? Is it gone into a "virtual" recycle bin for 90 days, at which time I'll have to HOPE it's still available when I try to obtain it or am I simply out of luck and my old number is unlikely to be available to me again? Any insight into how this process works would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Bob R
    Your old number is lost for good.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cao0215 View Post
    Now my phone is not working, my prepaid is not working either, and i ll call them when their business hour
    Did you try to port during the prepaid activation stage or was the prepaid already active with another phone number before you tried to port?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBuser90 View Post
    Just wanted to provide an update on the Telus port. It's now day 2 of my billing cycle and I'm still getting the 90 day wait message when choosing the change my phone number option. So it looks like on Telus you may actually have to wait the 90 days unfortunately...
    Ah that's too bad. Guess that Telus is being treated as a "separate" carrier. Good to know that we should always be porting to Koodo pre-paid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SM_11 View Post
    Thanks
    Bob R
    Per TadMorose's comment, unfortunately, your old ON number is now lost for good. Since you are on the QC plan, I'm not sure if you would still be able to change to a new ON number via self-serve without losing the plan or if they would then force you to select a in-market plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keigotw View Post
    still on their website
    Problem is with Virgin, it's not as easy as it was with Koodo. You need a CSR to actually switch you to the QC plan. I'd love to see a step-by-step for Virgin but have only seen it for Koodo.

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Did you try to port during the prepaid activation stage or was the prepaid already active with another phone number before you tried to port?
    Prepaid already active but no service. Called csr, it is working, and port to my qc account, no problem at all

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cao0215 View Post
    Prepaid already active but no service. Called csr, it is working, and port to my qc account, no problem at all
    So is your port fully complete now (i.e. original number running on QC plan)? I just tried to check my usage through the iOS Koodo app and got a notification saying "Error. We are currently updating our systems. You won't be able to access our online services and our Reps won't be able to access your account. But don't worry, you can always ask our Koodo community or check out our Help if you need answers to general questions."

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Self serve is down at the moment.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Should we wait a few days to see if Koodo will match the 8GB deal or should we port asap when this maintenance is finished, in case they make changes to their system to stop it.
    Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 74 ... LastLast