Thread: Upgraded to Win-10 on Lumia 640

Feedback Score

Upgraded to Win-10 on Lumia 640

After the upgrade to 10 I see that the entire HERE suite has been terminated on WIN-10 THAT was a big disappointment beyond belief lmao. Also I cannot add any contacts. I hit the Plus to "add" a contact and it quickly flashes a screen that says "add photo" then it goes to home screen. It won't stay on the add contact screen.

Any good alternative app for the GPS that will work with Cortana just like HERE maps did? I used to just ask Cortana to give me directions to so&so and she would get it done quick with HERE drive.

Also about adding contacts? has this issue been resolved in another post?

I like Windows Phone, but these two issues have really set me back and looking elsewhere....It just seems like Win Phone was on the rise and now it's fading away. Just feels that way.

Feedback Score
    Figured it out and fixed it myself, lmao....thanks anyways.

Did a hard reset and it cured everything. Windows 10 on the 640 looks awesome and works great, except for HERE being dimissed, but I'll work around that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia_Black View Post
    Figured it out and fixed it myself, lmao....thanks anyways.

Did a hard reset and it cured everything. Windows 10 on the 640 looks awesome and works great, except for HERE being dimissed, but I'll work around that.
    I have 2 640's and kept 1 at 8.1 and upgraded the other to Windows 10. My brother upgraded his also and we both had to do a hard reset to get back our contacts.
    It's a weird goof that happened. But I've read that others have had to do the same thing.
    But others have not had this problem.
    Oh well at least the hard reset fixed many of the problems.

I have another Windows phone that I upgraded to Windows 10 and did not have any problems at all with it. The Blu WIN HD.

Sent from my super skinny LG Tribute HD

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I have 2 640's and kept 1 at 8.1 and upgraded the other to Windows 10. My brother upgraded his also and we both had to do a hard reset to get back our contacts.
    It's a weird goof that happened. But I've read that others have had to do the same thing.
    But others have not had this problem.
    Oh well at least the hard reset fixed many of the problems.

I have another Windows phone that I upgraded to Windows 10 and did not have any problems at all with it. The Blu WIN HD.

Sent from my super skinny LG Tribute HD
    Interesting. I upgraded my 640 to Windows 10 but I was lucky to not experience the contacts issue.

Agreed, nice phone for the price!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 640, Motorola Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was also disappointed when HERE was discontinued but it didn't last long. Try Windows Maps, It's configured much the same way so no learning curve, works with Cortana and has offline maps also. Basically it's HERE with extra features and easier to navigate. I'm liking it much more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeman02 View Post
    I was also disappointed when HERE was discontinued but it didn't last long. Try Windows Maps, It's configured much the same way so no learning curve, works with Cortana and has offline maps also. Basically it's HERE with extra features and easier to navigate. I'm liking it much more.
    Yepp I have been using Windows Maps and it is plenty fine....works like a charm and I am confident with it after I have done much testing it out going different places. Hasn't gotten anything wrong. I'm happy also that Cortana is integrated into it and shes also updated and great. I love Windows 10.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Been using Windows 10 Mobile for over a year on my 640 and been very happy. Had an HTC-1 M8 that was running fine but after 2 years and stopping support for any new updates I gave it up and got the 735. It has Windows 10 now running on it and like it better than my 640. Best of luck!
    Tricon23

Device(s)
    lumia 640, lumia 650, coolpad rouge for chromecast
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia_Black View Post
    Yepp I have been using Windows Maps and it is plenty fine....works like a charm and I am confident with it after I have done much testing it out going different places. Hasn't gotten anything wrong. I'm happy also that Cortana is integrated into it and shes also updated and great. I love Windows 10.
    i have a lumia 640 and got lumia 650 free from changing to cricket. i like hear maps better. they had scout thing i think it was and it worked better for finding places around you. i have had trouble using windows 10 maps and actually had to use google to find some places then put address in maps since maps and cortana didn't find. hear maps also had closest to you too and i am not sure what maps is doing on widows 10 but it is not sorted by distance when you search for stuff it seems. ther eis also no way to have the maps to show your speed and stuff like hear maps used to do unless you say where you are going.