Thread: Verizon Smart Rewards

Feedback Score

Verizon Smart Rewards

Since I have been a Verizon customer, I really haven't paid much attention to the Verizon Smart Rewards program. This afternoon I decided to take a bit closer look at it. Now maybe I am missing something, but none of the offers seem all that great. Has anybody here found any good deal through this program?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    When I had them I never really liked it all that much

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    It's a bit of a letdown imo. I've only looked at a few things on there, but I think Amazon has lower prices. So to answer your question, no.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant (M540)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Since I have been a Verizon customer, I really haven't paid much attention to the Verizon Smart Rewards program. This afternoon I decided to take a bit closer look at it. Now maybe I am missing something, but none of the offers seem all that great. Has anybody here found any good deal through this program?
    Sometimes, they have a deal where you use 1000 points and you get a $10 card in the mail good for ten dollars off your phone bill or to use on accessories. But that's far and few in between. But, at least they're giving you a bonus on things you are already doing: paperless bill, paying your bill, etc etv

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For the most part, SmartRewards seems to be a stupid joke. The auctions are pretty ridiculous. You'll see someone bidding 300,000 points or something like that for a $10 gas card.

I suppose that if all you want is a slight discount on retail/restaurant gift cards (e.g., $50 gift card for $45 plus a small number of points), the program might be semi-useful.

Feedback Score
    I was looking for the VZW gift cards and couldn't find them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    You won't. They occasionally come up as daily deals and then sell out in literally a matter of seconds, if even that long. If you want a magazine subscription on a random daily deal, those usually stay available ling enough to get, or a 10% discount anytime in gift card section, maybe you might find that somewhat useful.

Feedback Score
    I've frequently used smart rewards for buy one get one free entrees at various local restaurants, as well as the occasional buy one get one free green fee on the golf course.

Other than that, it's pretty much a waste of time

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant (M540)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    When those offers are available you need to refresh often they are always reloading the amount available. Slickdeal always says refresh and snag two at the most.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've burned the points on magazines/newspapers... And some sunglasses. There were some clerical errors that made for some bargains a while back.

Sent from Q's Note5

Feedback Score
    I've managed to get 2 of the $10 cards, but have pretty much given up on trying to get another one, I think they offer one card about once a week and there's millions of people trying to get it so the chances are about as good as winning the lottery lol . The motel deals are guaranteed to be the lowest possible price for that particular motel but if you get it there is absolutely no canceling, the few motels that I've checked out could easily be booked with a credit card for about $1 more and still have the ability to cancel if needed. There are some nice deals on magazines but whenever it's actually a magazine I'd be interested in getting it's sold out almost instantly. To me smart rewards seems to mostly be another nice money maker for Verizon but I guess that's what their in business for.