Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Need of Toronto Mod Expert to Enable AWS on Samsung S4 SGH-i337m

Feedback Score

In Need of Toronto Mod Expert to Enable AWS on Samsung S4 SGH-i337m

Hey, I've exhausted all solutions found on XDA forums trying to convert my Telus S4 to work with Wind. Is there anyone here from the Toronto area (preferably Scarborough) who might be able to meet up in person to assist me in enabling AWS on it?

*Note* Based on what I've been reading, I suspect the cause of all the errors I'm coming across (In QPST/not seeing PERSO SHA 256OFF option) are the result of needing to downgrade firmware, maybe to 4.3 or 4.2, however I can't find a download source that looks trustworthy (sammobile links are down).

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    That lock never worked for me on a Note 2 but supposed to be the same unlock method), I ended up getting a code from Telus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    That lock never worked for me on a Note 2 but supposed to be the same unlock method), I ended up getting a code from Telus.
    I see. I purchased this phone off someone on kijiji who claimed the phone was locked to wind when in fact it was locked to telus. She's since blocked my number and I'm worried it might be stolen which is why I've hesitated to bring it to telus. In any case, obtaining an unlock code would still require me to have to find a way to enable AWS though wouldn't it? Sorry if this is isn't the brightest question.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panmige View Post
    I see. I purchased this phone off someone on kijiji who claimed the phone was locked to wind when in fact it was locked to telus. She's since blocked my number and I'm worried it might be stolen which is why I've hesitated to bring it to telus. In any case, obtaining an unlock code would still require me to have to find a way to enable AWS though wouldn't it? Sorry if this is isn't the brightest question.
    You could always try selling it. If you can sell it quickly and make most of your money back to buy a Freedom compatible phone, maybe that is a better option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    You could always try selling it. If you can sell it quickly and make most of your money back to buy a Freedom compatible phone, maybe that is a better option.
    *edited* ah yea on second thought, I wouldn't want to be penalized for selling a potentially blacklisted phone in the event it was obtained in a mischievous manner by the previous seller - let alone passing off the problem to another innocent person as mentioned by xtachx.
    Last edited by panmige; 12-08-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    That's a smart idea, I'll definitely consider doing that before used s4 prices start to drop on kijiji.
    This is a terrible idea since you will a. Pass the problem off to another person and b. If the phone is stolen and the buyer goes to the police then you will be guilty if selling a stolen device.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Hey, I've exhausted all solutions found on XDA forums trying to convert my Telus S4 to work with Wind. Is there anyone here from the Toronto area (preferably Scarborough) who might be able to meet up in person to assist me in enabling AWS on it?

*Note* Based on what I've been reading, I suspect the cause of all the errors I'm coming across (In QPST/not seeing PERSO SHA 256OFF option) are the result of needing to downgrade firmware, maybe to 4.3 or 4.2, however I can't find a download source that looks trustworthy (sammobile links are down).

Thanks
    Get any unlock code on the internet. Cellularunlock.net something like that.
    Then you need to flash a new radio file.
    Follow this instructions. I've done it and it works.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2291589

Sent from my FRD-L04 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    *edited* ah yea on second thought, I wouldn't want to be penalized for selling a potentially blacklisted phone in the event it was obtained in a mischievous manner by the previous seller - let alone passing off the problem to another innocent person as mentioned by xtachx.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    This is a terrible idea since you will a. Pass the problem off to another person and b. If the phone is stolen and the buyer goes to the police then you will be guilty if selling a stolen device.
    ditto. bad situation.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Maybe you should try one of these folks: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone-se...ationFlag=true

"blacklist repair service" if you become desparate, otherwise you're better off using your phone as a GPS/MP3/etc. and buying a new one. Hopefully not from Kijiji this time.

Feedback Score
    It's pretty easy. All you need to do is to download the Qtools and flash the nv file. I've done this on my S3.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I once tried it on my Koodo bought S4 and I couldn't get the AWS hack to work. Guess I'm missing some steps but I followed the xda forum thread instructions.

Sent from my C6806 using HoFo mobile app
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score

Thanks
    If the device has been blacklisted by the original owner, whether you unlock and change the radio to support the AWS frequency, it will still be unusable since it's blacklisted all across North America.

Despite all these hacks, it's a simple process. Obtain an unlock code from www.cellunlocker.net. It's around $20 - $30 US. Once unlocked, put your SIM card in and you should be prompted for an unlock code (the one you just obtained). Once unlocked, from your dial pad, enter the following sequence:

*#06# = IMEI number (write it down)

Go back to dial pad:

*#272*[IMEI]#

This prompts you with a list of carrier codes. WIND/Freedom Mobile is: GLW (Globalive Wireless)

Select this radio button and click install

This will reset the phone and install the radio bands for the AWS frequency on your Samsung Device. If you still cannot make calls but possibly surf, it's possible the phone may be blacklisted. I would check by running the IMEI through the blacklist checker:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Feedback Score
    The joys of owning a carrier phone...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post
    If the device has been blacklisted by the original owner, whether you unlock and change the radio to support the AWS frequency, it will still be unusable since it's blacklisted all across North America.

Despite all these hacks, it's a simple process. Obtain an unlock code from cellunlocker It's around $20 - $30 US. Once unlocked, put your SIM card in and you should be prompted for an unlock code (the one you just obtained). Once unlocked, from your dial pad, enter the following sequence:

*#06# = IMEI number (write it down)

Go back to dial pad:

*#272*[IMEI]#

This prompts you with a list of carrier codes. WIND/Freedom Mobile is: GLW (Globalive Wireless)

Select this radio button and click install

This will reset the phone and install the radio bands for the AWS frequency on your Samsung Device. If you still cannot make calls but possibly surf, it's possible the phone may be blacklisted. I would check by running the IMEI through the blacklist checker:
    Hey, thank you for this, I will certainly save instructions somewhere for future reference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    The joys of owning a carrier phone...
    haha. hoping to avoid hearing or seeing the words locked/unlocked for the next few days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast