Thread: Getting Warranty Service on New Galaxy S7?!?!!?

Device(s)
    Motorola W233 Renew
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Getting Warranty Service on New Galaxy S7?!?!!?

I got a new Galaxy S7 two weeks ago with a contract from a Virgin dealer. I activated it on Fido and am using it on Fido. (I do not have service with Virgin anymore.)

The headset microphone is not working. I went to a Virgin store downtown and they told me that they don't service phones activated with a different carrier, even if the phone was bought through Virgin.

This information can't be right...??? Where do I go to service the unit?

And considering it is fairly new, do I need to send it back for service or can Virgin just replace it with a new one?
    Fido: Unlimited Canada-wide, 2gb data, CID/VM/CF unlimited SMS/MMS, unlimited US calling with GV=$37/month

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You don't need to tell Virgin whose sim you have in the Phone. Take the Phone Back to them with your Receipt & have them send it in to Futuretel/Samsung Repair Center. If it's less then 15 days old then Virgin Store should be able to do a DOA.

You can also call 1-800-SAMSUNG & have the Phone go through them. It still ends up at Futuretel Repair Center in Ontario.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    You don't need to tell Virgin whose sim you have in the Phone. Take the Phone Back to them with your Receipt & have them send it in to Futuretel/Samsung Repair Center. If it's less then 15 days old then Virgin Store should be able to do a DOA.

You can also call 1-800-SAMSUNG & have the Phone go through them. It still ends up at Futuretel Repair Center in Ontario.
    All phones sold from Virgin are processed in the carrier billing system against an active number. If the Virgin line has been completely cancelled, there is no way to process a DOA transaction in the system.

OP, take your phone to the official Samsung service centre in Mississauga. They'll definitely be able to assist with your warranty, and much quicker than going through the carrier.