Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: Deteriorating service in NYC

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1479583923.924025.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  42.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1479583937.236936.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  41.8 KB
    With the new promotion of buy 2 get 2 it would be a capacity disaster for T-Mobile in NYC, just made the switch to AT&T yesterday with my iPhone 7 Plus by connecting to Band 30 LTE and I couldn't be happier without the congestion.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,069
    Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyz7365 View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1479583923.924025.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  42.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1479583937.236936.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  41.8 KB
    With the new promotion of buy 2 get 2 it would be a capacity disaster for T-Mobile in NYC, just made the switch to AT&T yesterday with my iPhone 7 Plus by connecting to Band 30 LTE and I couldn't be happier without the congestion.
    Where is that?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Where is that?
    Flushing Queens

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyz7365 View Post
    Flushing Queens
    I was in flushing a few weeks ago and speeds were pretty good (near 7 train entrance)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    443
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyz7365 View Post
    Flushing Queens
    I also live in Flushing, Queens and for the past several weeks have been experiencing deteriorating data service. I contacted T-Mobile tech support and they told me that the area is experiencing outages and the towers are being upgraded as well.

    I know it"s just an estimate but I was wondering if anyone whose had similar issues, could tell me approximately how long it took to resolve it. Thanks!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by digimon1751 View Post
    I was in flushing a few weeks ago and speeds were pretty good (near 7 train entrance)
    And now its a diaster

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    I also live in Flushing, Queens and for the past several weeks have been experiencing deteriorating data service. I contacted T-Mobile tech support and they told me that the area is experiencing outages and the towers are being upgraded as well.

    I know it"s just an estimate but I was wondering if anyone whose had similar issues, could tell me approximately how long it took to resolve it. Thanks!
    Even tho they are going to upgrade their Band 2 LTE in flushing and it won't improve speeds and performances at all, tons of devices supports Band 2 LTE and it will remain the congestion until you purchase the device that supports Band 66 LTE.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,842
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyz7365 View Post
    Even tho they are going to upgrade their Band 2 LTE in flushing and it won't improve speeds and performances at all, tons of devices supports Band 2 LTE and it will remain the congestion until you purchase the device that supports Band 66 LTE.
    Someone can double check this but last time I looked, T-Mobile does not hold any AWS-3 (band-66) licenses in the NYC area. The I-block is held by the FCC and could be obtained when the returned AWS-3 blocks are reauctioned. Still, AWS-3 may be available in NYC before 600 MHz. I think it will take the full 3 years to clear the TV stations in that market.
    Donald Newcomb

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    914
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    I expect the same problem here in Boston :-( We are already congested and the network cannot handle additional load.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    There was a fire in downtown brooklyn last month by Flatbush ave ext and Fulton street. Right across from the Tmobile store. That tower supported Band 2, 4 and 12. I used to get band 12 service downstairs in the dekalb ave B and Q train stations. Since the fire below the cell site, that tower is offline and when you walk by it, phone shows 1 bar LTE. The closest tower is two blocks up by Macys in Downtown brooklyn. The day it happened I went on twitter and contacted T-Force. They claimed to have looked up the area and they see that the location is full of congestion and that another tower is scheduled to be put online in the coming months. Due to the 1 bar of service, data is really slow when walking by. I take it the other tower is sending band 12.

    This proves that they aren't broadcasting band 4 to the fullest in NYC.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________



    Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Brooklyn is still fine with 50-70Mbps in early morning (Church Ave).
    However, I have problem loading game (Brave Exvius) and watching Tablo.
    V20 supports B66 but I don't see it anywhere.



    Optimum/Cablevision

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    Brooklyn is still fine with 50-70Mbps in early morning (Church Ave).
    However, I have problem loading game (Brave Exvius) and watching Tablo.
    V20 supports B66 but I don't see it anywhere.
    Band 66 is not in nyc for tmobile

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    There was a fire in downtown brooklyn last month by Flatbush ave ext and Fulton street. Right across from the Tmobile store. That tower supported Band 2, 4 and 12. I used to get band 12 service downstairs in the dekalb ave B and Q train stations. Since the fire below the cell site, that tower is offline and when you walk by it, phone shows 1 bar LTE. The closest tower is two blocks up by Macys in Downtown brooklyn. The day it happened I went on twitter and contacted T-Force. They claimed to have looked up the area and they see that the location is full of congestion and that another tower is scheduled to be put online in the coming months. Due to the 1 bar of service, data is really slow when walking by. I take it the other tower is sending band 12.

    This proves that they aren't broadcasting band 4 to the fullest in NYC.
    Hope T-Mobile keeps their flagship market top notch. Apparently they have the greatest tower density among other carriers. I'm sure they have tons of customers in this market.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,842
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    There was a fire .........

    This proves that they aren't broadcasting band 4 to the fullest in NYC.
    How so? .

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,125
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    How so? .
    Band 4 tower is 2 blocks away. No overlap?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help with service in NYC!!!!
    By mshelly2374 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 09:21 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 10:02 PM
  3. Service in NYC & Toronto
    By Leo95se in forum Regional Providers and Other Providers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 05:13 PM
  4. Service in NYC?
    By BearBert in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 08:26 AM
  5. cingular service in NYC
    By will11209 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2002, 04:35 PM

Bookmarks