Thread: More Everything VS Verizon Plan

Feedback Score

More Everything VS Verizon Plan

We have a 10 GB More Everything Plan right now with 18% employee discount with 3 lines of service. All of our phones are out of contract so we get $25 OFF SMARTPHONE MONTH2MONTH credit. Without including taxes/fees this is $110 a month

The 8 GB Verizon plan is $70 and adds 2 GB per line for a total of 14 GB? We don't need the extra data so this has no real value to us. Without taxes/fees this adds up to $117.40 if we get the DPP discount I think.

There are some good deals right now and potentially on BF. They involve a DPP though and I believe would require us to switch to a Verizon Plan? From my understanding this would reduce are line access fee discount from $25 per line to $20?

My biggest question I think is what happens after 2 years are up and the new phones are paid off. Do we lose the DPP discount and our bill would jump up $60 (3x$20) per month unless we got new phones and started a new DPP? If we do have to switch to the Verizon plan and we don't get new phones on all of the lines, do we lose $25 discount on those lines and would not get the DPP discount? Thanks

Feedback Score
    After rereading some other info, I think I might have screwed up some of it. It looks like I can do the DPP and keep the More Everything plan but my month2month discount would change to a DPP discount and the discount would stay the same at $25 per line per month? The only difference would be that after the new phone is paid off, I'd lose the DPP discount and wouldn't get the month2month back? Basically if I make the switch to DPP, I'd need to get a new phone on DPP every 2 years are my bill would jump up by $25 per line per month?
    Also, if any existing lines I have with month2month would keep it and would be unaffected by moving some lines to a DPP?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You need to ask yourself is 4 extra GB, safety mode and carryover is worth and extra $7 a month. I would think it is. Unless you really don't need more than your current 10 GB. The line access fee on the Verizon Plan is $20 whether you are on DPP or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya_Bizness View Post
    You need to ask yourself is 4 extra GB, safety mode and carryover is worth and extra $7 a month. I would think it is. Unless you really don't need more than your current 10 GB. The line access fee on the Verizon Plan is $20 whether you are on DPP or not.
    Thanks, that makes a big difference. I thought the access fee on the Verizon Plan was $40 and that you'd get a $20 DPP discount. As soon as the phone was paid off, the access fee would go back up to $40. If that is not the case, I have less incentive to stay on my old plan.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    If the total price increase is only 7 it def sounds worth it for 4 more GB and carryover etc I always recommend to look at what the total price will be when comparing

sent from my droid

Feedback Score
    You lose the option to add 25GB of cloud storage to your phone for free when you switch from the ME plan to the NVP. So add it to your lines before you switch even if you don't need it now you might need it later.
    If you add it to the line before you switch it's free and stays free but if you want to add it after switching it will be $2.99/mo.
    All phone lines on the NVP have a flat $20/line charge so if you have the month to month discount on ME that makes your lines only $15/mo so it could potentially be more expensive to switch to the NVP.

Its my understanding that originally you got the M2M discount if you bought the phone outright, you completed a 2 year contract or completed a DPP. The DPP has it's own discount which is still being applied but the M2M discount has been discontinued and is not being applied for any new DPPs or contracts started after 3/10/2016

Bonus data does not rollover so while you will get 14GB/mo you have a maximum of 8GB that can rollover and your plan data is used first so use 8GB this month means no rollover next month

Your current plan (all prices neglecting employee/business discounts) should look like
    ($15/line after $25/mo M2M discount)
    $100 10GB
    $15 phone
    $15 phone
    $15 phone

=$145

The 8GB NVP
    $70 8GB
    $20 phone
    $20 phone
    $20 phone

=$130

There is no further discount if you do a DPP on the NVP it's just $20/mo/line cheaper to begin with.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    You lose the option to add 25GB of cloud storage to your phone for free when you switch from the ME plan to the NVP. So add it to your lines before you switch even if you don't need it now you might need it later.
    If you add it to the line before you switch it's free and stays free but if you want to add it after switching it will be $2.99/mo.
    All phone lines on the NVP have a flat $20/line charge so if you have the month to month discount on ME that makes your lines only $15/mo so it could potentially be more expensive to switch to the NVP.

Its my understanding that originally you got the M2M discount if you bought the phone outright, you completed a 2 year contract or completed a DPP. The DPP has it's own discount which is still being applied but the M2M discount has been discontinued and is not being applied for any new DPPs or contracts started after 3/10/2016

Bonus data does not rollover so while you will get 14GB/mo you have a maximum of 8GB that can rollover and your plan data is used first so use 8GB this month means no rollover next month

Your current plan (all prices neglecting employee/business discounts) should look like
    ($15/line after $25/mo M2M discount)
    $100 10GB
    $15 phone
    $15 phone
    $15 phone

=$145

The 8GB NVP
    $70 8GB
    $20 phone
    $20 phone
    $20 phone

=$130

There is no further discount if you do a DPP on the NVP it's just $20/mo/line cheaper to begin with.
    That's a good point.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    plenty of free cloud services. I don't use the 5 GB Verizon gives me. I have both Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive. And there are others.

Feedback Score
    AFAIK this doesn't lock you to using just VZW for cloud storage. No my family can't use the 5GB either it's too small to backup even a minimal number of pictures 25GB has so far been good enough.

The point is right now he can get the 25GB cloud free if he adds it before he switches and keep it free of charge indefinitely or until verizon changes the offer. It's just a few clicks to add it to each line on the online account manager. Otherwise you just get the current offer of 5GB cloud free.

Feedback Score
    Amazingly complicated !

Feedback Score
    If you can help it, never use a carrier's cloud services. In today's environment you want to remain as "mobile" as possible. Besides, like Nunya said above, there are several free alternatives.

Feedback Score
    If you are on the NVP you already get 5GB you aren't forced to use it but it's included with the plan.

I wouldn't rule it out as an option just because its with your carrier richlittle & Nunya_Bizness are right that you shouldn't use it as your only backup. (it's also way better than nothing though but so are all the other options backups are nice to have but not to need.)

Verizon's cloud happens to be the only option that i'm aware of that can handle a switch between a smartphone and a feature phone sure it can't backup or restore photos to a feature phone but it can do contacts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtfan View Post
    After rereading some other info, I think I might have screwed up some of it. It looks like I can do the DPP and keep the More Everything plan but my month2month discount would change to a DPP discount and the discount would stay the same at $25 per line per month? The only difference would be that after the new phone is paid off, I'd lose the DPP discount and wouldn't get the month2month back? Basically if I make the switch to DPP, I'd need to get a new phone on DPP every 2 years are my bill would jump up by $25 per line per month?
    Also, if any existing lines I have with month2month would keep it and would be unaffected by moving some lines to a DPP?
    That's basically the position I'm in right now with a few lines that have the M2M $25 discount and a few lines that have the DPP $25 discount which will be running out soon as those devices will be paid off. I'm assuming I won't be able to add the M2M $25 discount to those lines once DPP is paid off, so the cost will go up by basically $25 for each line coming off of DPP, which is not great. It sounds like the decision is to go with DPP for those lines once again pretty much as soon as possible, or to switch to the new plans where all lines would be $20. The thing with the new plan is that it seems like bonus data would only be added for those lines that are actually getting a new device, so that means doing DPP anyway to get that bonus data (and thus get a lower plan to save on some money). Seems like one way or another it means doing DPP again on some lines or paying more per month essentially for having an owned/paid off device. It's quite bad that they got rid of the discount for owned devices and you have to essentially pay more for nothing.