1. DL 28 Mps 15 seconds data use 420 MB
    UL 5 Mbs 10 seconds data use 50 MB
    Total data use: 470 MB
    2. DL 28 Mps 15 seconds data use 420 MB
    UL 6 Mbs 10 seconds data use 60 MB
    Total data use: 480 MB

Total 950 MB

Feedback Score
    Ok, is there a question or statement to go with your speedtest results?

If you are looking for a speedtest that doesn't use (waste) that much data, I know some.

Feedback Score
    How much data does Internetspeed test app use?
    I changed my cellular provider from a slow 3G/H average download speeds 2-6 Mbps and unlimited data plan in Calgary, Alberta
    to a super fast LTE advanced cellular network. I wanted to test the LTE advance network speed in various locations in the city.
    Over a two day period I made 8 tests. With maximum signal strength of 5/5 bars I got maximum of download speed of 80 Mbps and upload
    speed of 40 Mbps. With signal strength of 4/5 I got download load speed 75 Mbps and upload 30 Mbps. With signal strength of 3/5 bars
    I got download speed of 45 Mbps and upload speed of 30 Mbps. I was astounded.
    However I got shocked to see that the app had blown away 465 MB of 1000 MB monthly data allowance.
    My advice to you. If you are on a fast internet connection, be careful of speed tests. They use your data. They maximumly use your
    internet speed for upto 30 seconds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samking View Post
    How much data does Internetspeed test app use?...My advice to you. If you are on a fast internet connection, be careful of speed tests. They use your data. They maximumly use your
    internet speed for upto 30 seconds.
    As you say, traditional Internet speed tests, like Oookla, can use a disturbing amount of data on a limited cell data plan by using as much data as they can for a fixed period of time. Doing this produces the most accurate results.

I don't need that much accuracy for a mobile data speed test. I basically want to know if it is fast enough to use it, or should I just wait until later.

I use a speedtest that uses much less data at:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/simple

The page uses about 300 KB to load. You can load it with Wifi before testing if Wifi is available.

The 3G and GPRS tests are the same and use about 300 KB. The test is not very accurate, but good enough to check if data is fast enough to bother using it.

The Wifi and 4G tests are the same and use about 6 MB. I have found this to be about as accurate as Ookla, which can use tens of MB with fast data.

They also have a speedtest that is configurable for the amount of data, and other parameters, to use at:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

I have found that this speedtest limited to 1 MB data use is reasonably accurate.

I see lots of Ookla speed tests posted on HoFo. I cringe at the waste of data.