Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70

Thread: ZTE Citrine...does anyone use this phone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    157
    Feedback Score
    0

    ZTE Citrine...does anyone use this phone?

    This phone is on sale at my local City Market(Kroger) for $19.99. Its a GSM phone, about the same size as my current LG41c. Just curious if anyone has any experience with it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,075
    Feedback Score
    0
    Have not seen any user feedback on the forums for the Z716BL. There is some debate whether it's LTE or HSPA+, and I think the latter. Screen is only 4". There is also a CDMA version Z717VL...not sure if it got sold.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,075
    Feedback Score
    0
    Seems odd that there have been no postings from someone who bought this phone that has been available since around May. LTE, Lollipop, and always very low priced.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Seems odd that there have been no postings from someone who bought this phone that has been available since around May. LTE, Lollipop, and always very low priced.
    4" screen might be part of the reason

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,075
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    4" screen might be part of the reason
    Agree, hard to sell anything under a 4.5" screen anymore. Still would be nice to know how it works otherwise.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    438
    Feedback Score
    0
    I like small phones and I was looking at this phone. The 5mp camera seems nice. I really don't need a GSM phone though. If I saw it for $10 I might pick one up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    157
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    I like small phones and I was looking at this phone. The 5mp camera seems nice. I really don't need a GSM phone though. If I saw it for $10 I might pick one up.
    I like small phones also...My interest in this model is the fact that it is a GSM phone. I've wanted to try that network and compare its performance to Verizon. There are some places in the mountains of Colorado where AT&T phones work a little better than Verizon. At $20, it seems like a good time to try it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    438
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bnwrx View Post
    I like small phones also...My interest in this model is the fact that it is a GSM phone. I've wanted to try that network and compare its performance to Verizon. There are some places in the mountains of Colorado where AT&T phones work a little better than Verizon. At $20, it seems like a good time to try it.
    I live in western Colorado. I spent a lot of time deciding whether to use Verizon or AT&T coverage here. I've had really good Verizon coverage almost everywhere (except in canyons) in western CO & eastern Utah. I also have an active Tracfone LG 440g (AT&T) phone. That has good coverage also. The only place I had no Verizon service was in Vernal, UT. It was only AT&T service there. But that was several years ago.

    This summer I made road trips to San Diego and central Oregon. I had good Verizon service everywhere I expected to have some service on those trips.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    189
    Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have this phone as a upgrade to my sunset. I was going to get a gsm rebel but could not afford it at the time. I like that zte has a front facing camera. The internal memory is low about a gig. I put on the Nova Launcher on it and it has Android 5.1. I use the gsm side of tracfone because I pull the sim out and use it other phones.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walcott View Post
    I have this phone as a upgrade to my sunset. I was going to get a gsm rebel but could not afford it at the time. I like that zte has a front facing camera. The internal memory is low about a gig. I put on the Nova Launcher on it and it has Android 5.1. I use the gsm side of tracfone because I pull the sim out and use it other phones.
    SIM swapping is not limited to GSM/AT&T phones. Can be done with CDMA/Verizon phones too .

    I use Nova Launcher Premium on all my devices. Author usually puts it on sale during the holidays for $0.99 - well worth it. Premium unlocks some features and supports the author.
    Cheers!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    438
    Feedback Score
    0
    From what I have read this phone comes in both GSM and CDMA versions.
    Also, the home circle in the bottom center is a notification light. Not many of the low end Tracfones have a notification light these days. (I liked it on the LG Ultimate 2).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    325
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've gotten both the GSM version and purchased the CDMA version recently. Anyone have any experience with these phones? Seems like anytime the CDMA version is shut off and restarted, it automatically goes thru a 5-8 minute, 'We're trying to activate your phone for you', scenario, which is a real turn off...also, like most all CDMA phones in the past, you can't just dial *228, ect and get connected to Verizon, it tells me the SIM isn't recognized or registered? Perhaps it has to do with lte and CDMA phones now using SIM cards? Please excuse what maybe silly questions from an old guy who's been away from the tracfone game for some time...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,221
    Feedback Score
    0
    *228 should not be dialed on LTE phones as it has no effect and has messed up some phones in the past.

    Have not read of any issues like this. I would contact TracFone for a replacement phone or new SIM card first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis 226 View Post
    I've gotten both the GSM version and purchased the CDMA version recently. Anyone have any experience with these phones? Seems like anytime the CDMA version is shut off and restarted, it automatically goes thru a 5-8 minute, 'We're trying to activate your phone for you', scenario, which is a real turn off...also, like most all CDMA phones in the past, you can't just dial *228, ect and get connected to Verizon, it tells me the SIM isn't recognized or registered? Perhaps it has to do with lte and CDMA phones now using SIM cards? Please excuse what maybe silly questions from an old guy who's been away from the tracfone game for some time...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    325
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh and if someone would be kind enough to explain SIM swapping or point me to a good resource, it'd be much appreciated.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 03:30 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 01:59 PM
  4. Kyocera KE424C RF and Voice Quality - Anyone use this phone yet?
    By HighTech in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
  5. Does anyone use this technique to clean screens
    By NickStam in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 04:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks