Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Switching From TracFone Brands (Net10, StraightTalk,...) VWZ to Total Wireless VWZ

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddshomie View Post
    Just to confirm, your phone was once on a tracfone brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, my phone is factory unlocked and has only been used on cricket wireless.

Feedback Score

Switching From TracFone Brands (Net10, StraightTalk,...) VWZ to Total Wireless VWZ

Quote Originally Posted by DiseNichant View Post
    No, my phone is factory unlocked and has only been used on cricket wireless.
    This is only for phones previously activated with one of the tracfone brands on Verizon service.

As long as your phone is compatible you should have no problem buying the kit at Walmart and porting over. If and when you decide to switch make sure to leave a few days on your cricket service in case there’s any problems with the port.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiseNichant View Post
    1. Buy the BYOP kit from walmart
    I read somewhere that any tracfone sim is compatible with other tracfone brands. To test this, I bought a $1 net10 sim kit from CVS that included a micro and a nano sim for every carrier (except Sprint). I then bought a $35 Total Wireless code from Walmart's website (the 6Gb data one) and I was able to activate service on Total Wireless using the Verizon sim that came in the net10 kit.

I just mention this in case you have a CVS or other store closer that sells tracfone sims for $1.

Feedback Score
    In fac the new iphones from straight talk and total wireless come with the same SIM, and the phoen will activate on either... WITH VOLTE.

so a straight talk vzw sim can activate on total wireless and have volte support it seems.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod77 View Post
    In fac the new iphones from straight talk and total wireless come with the same SIM, and the phoen will activate on either... WITH VOLTE.

so a straight talk vzw sim can activate on total wireless and have volte support it seems.
    They will also activate on TracFone - with VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    ^ But will not bring VoLTE on BYOD phones. Tried, works only on their "branded" iPhones (new old stock from Verizon Wireless).

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    ^ But will not bring VoLTE on BYOD phones. Tried, works only on their "branded" iPhones (new old stock from Verizon Wireless).
    Or maybe... it works by swapping the SIM to an unlocked Verizon compatible BYOD phone, just maybe.

Feedback Score
    Is that a rhetorical question? Did you do it? For how long? Because someone reported that it stopped working eventually, on both phones.
    Personally I don't see the point of removing the SIM from an iPhone6 to put it in a Moto G4 Plus.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Is that a rhetorical question? Did you do it? For how long? Because someone reported that it stopped working eventually, on both phones.
    Personally I don't see the point of removing the SIM from an iPhone6 to put it in a Moto G4 Plus.
    This wasd a question I raised over on the TF board, hot swapping a SIM to another device seems to flag the device and eventually disable certain features.... and IMO for no good reason as long as the device is network compatible and not subject to pre-paid or post-paid subsidy restrictions, etc..

I may be wrong, but what seems to be the biggest issue is getting either device re-provisioned with all feature functional after it has been flagged by Verizon.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    from what i understand tw normally doesn't support volte (though that will have to change next year).

but those phones do because they are compatible with brands which DO support it out of the box.

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    It would be easier just to buy an cheap total phone and move to that phone and then sim swap it out. I have seen many people do that. They started selling Total everywhere now. Just make sure it is one of the 4g lte models with a sim in it.

Sent from my XT1609 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    i have a feeling that there are anti competitive measures going on here, but it's difficult to say where they are going wrong legally.

but i did end up on the good side of them with the 200$ iphone 6.

and they are not branded. they are in a standard iphone box with a packet attached to the outside with the sim and a sticker on the back. similarly prices android phones ARE branded.

They ARE SIM-locked to TFW for a year though, and slim-locked when you register them.

Feedback Score
    I was able to port over the 1 line that I had on ST. I saw a comment on reddit recommending Facebook chat and that’s what did it. Make sure to have your refill card ready. I didn’t and it took an hour for Walmart to email it.

I did have problems with the 2 other lines though. I wasn’t able to activate an iPhone 4 and the 2 sims I ordered on eBay didn’t work.

They shipped out a sim and I started the porting process through the website once I had the ST line ported over. We’ll see how that goes.Name:  IMG_0012.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  45.0 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3