Thread: Help me decide! Moto X vs X2 vs Zmax vs ....

Feedback Score

Help me decide! Moto X vs X2 vs Zmax vs ....

This is probably silly to post here, but I can't decide. I've been using a ZTE Zmax2 for a few months now and I like it. The wifi broke so I'm sending it in for repairs and switched to my old 2013 Moto X.

I forgot how much I love this phone. The active display is fantastic. Pull it out of my pocket and see the time and notifications instantly. Unlock the phone without pushing a button. It's a little thing but I really miss it.

Plus it's just a snappier phone than the Zmax, hate to say it. Messaging, the keyboard, everything is instant. Just the act of fishing my phone out of my pocket, readily seeing a message, and quickly firing one back is so great.

Buuuut the ZTE is much bigger. And has an SD slot.

I'm thinking about getting an X 2nd gen. Halfway between the two in size but apparently a much improved phone from the X. Anyone have experience with it?

Another option I suppose would be a Moto G 3 or 4 but that seems to be quite a few more dollars.

Any advice?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You'll probably like the Pure Edition (2015). I have one, the $400 bottom feeder model, which in my opinion is overpriced, but they've now come down to ~$250 or less which is reasonable. It was a breeze to put on Tracfone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LGester View Post
    You'll probably like the Pure Edition (2015). I have one, the $400 bottom feeder model....
    A $400 "bottom feeder" model I wonder what term is used for my $50 Phoenix 2 ?

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    You'll probably like the Pure Edition (2015). I have one, the $400 bottom feeder model, which in my opinion is overpriced, but they've now come down to ~$250 or less which is reasonable. It was a breeze to put on Tracfone.
    I agree with this. If you like the Moto X (2013) and you want bigger with MicroSD, check out the Pure. Another benefit is that it will work on all 4 major carriers.

They did switch from AmoLED screen to IPS/LED screen with the Pure Edition. The 2nd gen (2014) has a 5.2" AmoLED screen, but no MicroSD and separate versions for GSM and CDMA.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    To get into Motorola Pure Edition, yes. I bought the model with the least amount of storage (16G), no customizations that cost extra (eg, leather back) no service plans, just a plain white vanilla model, literally and figuratively.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Algae the bottom feeders eat .

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Algae the bottom feeders eat .
    Like "lower than whale poop on the ocean floor" ?

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I assume the
    $250 price is for a new one?

Where? EBay?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    I assume the
    $250 price is for a new one?

Where? EBay?
    Finding a "New in Box" Moto X Pure XT1575 for $250 would be a real find. You can probably find the 16gb version for $280 no problem. I did see the 32gb version on a Best Buy "Deal of the Day" a couple of months ago for $250. That was a deal.

I bought mine from a private seller on eBay for $300 delivered. It was the 64gb version in mint condition with a bunch of extras including 3 different cases, 6 screen protectors and a Turbo car charger. So, it is possible to find deals

Feedback Score
    I really like the amoled screen for the active display - how's it look with the LED? On the other hand the amoled on the 2013 X seems to have yellowy whites, it's nowhere near as bright as the ZTE I have.