Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheapest way to extend Tracfone expiration?

Feedback Score

Cheapest way to extend Tracfone expiration?

With so many changes in Tracfone in the last year I am lost. Currently, my Tracfone SIM is my backup phone and I hardly use any min/text/data anymore. But it is expiring in a few weeks. What's the cheapest way to extend the expiration?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    With so many changes in Tracfone in the last year I am lost. Currently, my Tracfone SIM is my backup phone and I hardly use any min/text/data anymore. But it is expiring in a few weeks. What's the cheapest way to extend the expiration?

Thanks!
    I think the cheapest 1 year extension is $55. You would need to go on TF website and purchase the $5 text only card. That will then give you the option at checkout to purchase a year of service for $50.

Feedback Score
    Also, is there anyway to get a new bundle (those comes with 1yr expiration right?), and transfer my existing minutes over? Or does that not work anymore?

Feedback Score
    If you buy any airtime including texts-only, or data-only on Tracfone.com, you should get on offer to add 1 year of service only for $50 extra.

If the year didn't get added automatically, you may have to contact TracFone CSR. Some were having a problem with that and not sure if it got fixed by now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroAsc View Post
    Also, is there anyway to get a new bundle (those comes with 1yr expiration right?), and transfer my existing minutes over? Or does that not work anymore?
    Check the bundles on HSN.com. You must transfer your existing service to the bundle phone, then the bundle time gets added automatically to the new phone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    If you can get the great deal at Family Dollar store (BYOP SIM Kit with 60-minute card for $1), that's the cheapest way to extend your service time. Use 4 of them to get 720 units talk/text/data and 360 days for $4 plus tax.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    $20 for "Big Easy" from Shop Cell Deals. 800 minutes and 1 year of service. Good if you don't care about your current minutes on your backup phone. Not a smartphone but you can move it to a BYOP with a SIM kit and get the 800 across all buckets. Big Easy is an AT&T phone. You can move the phone number to the Big Easy phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    $20 for "Big Easy" from Shop Cell Deals. 800 minutes and 1 year of service. Good if you don't care about your current minutes or phone number on your backup phone. Not a smartphone but you can move it to a BYOP with a SIM kit and get the 800 across all buckets. Big Easy is AT&T phone.
    5 $1 Family Dollar kits, if you can find them, is a lot better deal and much less hassle (avoiding the transfer to a BYOP, losing balance and number, etc).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    5 $1 Family Dollar kits, if you can find them, is a lot better deal and much less hassle (avoiding the transfer to a BYOP, losing balance and number, etc).
    Yes indeed. Just offering it up as an option. Some people just need a backup and that's pretty cheap if they can't find the $1 kits for whatever reason. Especially if they can live with the Big Easy and not do a transfer. My wife had me activate one as a burner because she just wasn't going to give her cell phone number out to some rude client. I bought a couple when they were $13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Yes indeed. Just offering it up as an option. Some people just need a backup and that's pretty cheap if they can't find the $1 kits for whatever reason. Especially if they can live with the Big Easy and not do a transfer. My wife had me activate one as a burner because she just wasn't going to give her cell phone number out to some rude client. I bought a couple when they were $13.
    Great way to get started for those new to TracFone who have the patience to buy a couple and do the transfer to BYOP SIM too .

I think those kits are going to become impossible to find in the picked over areas where HoFoers live.

The store I went to only had three, and the cashiers were oooing and ahhhing at the price. I have a feeling that when the kits get restocked by the vendor, customers won't see them .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you can get the great deal at Family Dollar store (BYOP SIM Kit with 60-minute card for $1), that's the cheapest way to extend your service time. Use 4 of them to get 720 units talk/text/data and 360 days for $4 plus tax.
    Found a bunch in my area, though there was a 40c weird charge added, so $1.40 plus tax. I bought three and added one to make sure it worked, then went out and got four more.

Also, I remember the question but not the answer... Do cards purchased and not applied to an account expire? There is nothing in the materials in these packs that indicate that they do.
    Last edited by slamsome; 10-07-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    Found 4 for $1 plus .01 wireless charge. Total $1.09 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

Device(s)
    Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    So, is the airtime card separate from the sim card ? Is it just like adding an airtime PIN to your current plan ? Or, do you have do the

transfer dance ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    So, is the airtime card separate from the sim card ? Is it just like adding an airtime PIN to your current plan ? Or, do you have do the

transfer dance ?
    I just added the airtime cards to the current plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post

transfer dance ?
    Yes, normal airtime card pin you can add to any TracFone - no SIM dance or transfer dance required .
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast