Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon MVNO PayGo plan with extended expiration

Feedback Score
    Hello, billm261.

Actually, I said on my first post that my friend "would like to hold on to the iPhone with the same No." I also said "(Please don't suggest Google Voice, Sideline and similar services.)" Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion.

By the way, the GV porting-in fee is twenty dollars, not ten.

Also, RingTo stopped opening new accounts this past winter.

Actually, my friend ordered the $20.00 TracFone dumb phone with 800 minutes and one year of service. Her old phone No. will be ported to the TF phone, then, ported back with the TF service to her iPhone 4. That way, she kicked the can down the road for a year at a $20.00 cost.
    A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it (author unknown).

--
    Liborio

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Liborio View Post
    Hello, billm261.

Actually, I said on my first post that my friend "would like to hold on to the iPhone with the same No." I also said "(Please don't suggest Google Voice, Sideline and similar services.)" Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion.

By the way, the GV porting-in fee is twenty dollars, not ten.

Also, RingTo stopped opening new accounts this past winter.

Actually, my friend ordered the $20.00 TracFone dumb phone with 800 minutes and one year of service. Her old phone No. will be ported to the TF phone, then, ported back with the TF service to her iPhone 4. That way, she kicked the can down the road for a year at a $20.00 cost.
    Set up a TF account using the TF dumb phone and use the website to Initiate the port to the TF dumb phone and when completed it should show the days of service and air time, but.......... you might have to contact support to get the airtime units transferred over. So be patient and use TF Chat not phone support.
    When that is completed I would add the iPhone 4 to your TF account and then use the website to transfer service from the dumb phone to the iPhone4.

Any questions or advice on this you should take them over to the HoFo TF forum prior to starting the port/activation.

Feedback Score
    Roger all of that, ls61's, thank you for all your sage advice!

Also, thanks to all the other members who also made suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Refreshing. I am in need of verizon based service as a backup on a dual-sim phone for when my primary network doesnt have coverage. Are there any new options out there for really barebones usage?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennettg View Post
    Refreshing. I am in need of verizon based service as a backup on a dual-sim phone for when my primary network doesnt have coverage. Are there any new options out there for really barebones usage?
    I have not heard of anything new on the low cost end since this topic started in 2016.

Page Plus appears to still be the lowest at $10/120 days ($2.50 a month). Usage charges from the balance are pretty high. IIRC, your unused balance carries forward if you renew on time.

On the dual SIM phone: I don't know of any dual SIM phones that can be activated for Verizon service. Many are not even Verizon compatible. There have been a couple reported here that can be used by activating service on a compatible phone IMEI then move the SIM to the dual SIM phone.

prepaidcompare.net is a good tool to compare prepaid plans.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2