Thread: Business Account Contract Extension Question

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score

Business Account Contract Extension Question

Quick question for business-liable account holders. Will Verizon business sales extend the contract on a line, without a device upgrade?

I've heard conflicting info on this from UDP plan holders on business-liable lines. Thanks!
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Normally I don't bump, but this thread got buried in the HoFo server issues with duplicate threads.

I would appreciate clarity from anyone that knows the answer to this, thanks.

Feedback Score
    I don't know the answer to your question but from what I have read if you have the $29.99/mo UDP in your ECPD and sign a MAA then you keep the $29.99/mo pricing even if you are off contract. Minimum 5 lines for this but they don't all have to be UDP lines.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahSmile View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question but from what I have read if you have the $29.99/mo UDP in your ECPD and sign a MAA then you keep the $29.99/mo pricing even if you are off contract. Minimum 5 lines for this but they don't all have to be UDP lines.
    That may be a good reason to AOL over to business for that alone. Once my account is out of dispute, I'll probably do it for that.

The reason I'm interested is two-fold. 1) It would be nice to keep UDP at the $29.99 rate now that Verizon is formally declaring Upgrade Transfer to be an error. And 2) It would be nice to stay in contract so if UDP is ever killed off totally. People on the old AT&T AWS Charter Unlimited GSM plans 15 years ago (gosh I feel old) went to similar lengths for several years.

Feedback Score
    Do all of the lines have to be on the same account or can some of them be on a sub account for easier management?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    Do all of the lines have to be on the same account or can some of them be on a sub account for easier management?
    Not sure I understand your question. I already have an EIN with my business, and valid grounds to move the lines under my business account since they are for business/mixed use. So, that's my plan, especially now that I have $29.99 UDP back. I'm just going to AOL the whole account over before the contract lapses.

Feedback Score
    My understanding is that to keep a ECPD and MMA I must always have at least 5 lines but I don't know if it's required that all 5 lines have to be on the same account or if some of the 5 can be on a sub account. I think plan changes would be much easier if the TDP lines were on their own sub account.

Device(s)
    droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    they can be on sub accounts.

Feedback Score
    @sraider
    Thanks!

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Personally I'd rather keep the TDP lines on the main account, just in case Upgrade Transfer ever had to be employed in the future to keep UDP (at the $29.99 rate) on small business-liable accounts.

But good to know on the five line requirement for ECPD/MMA, I'm at four lines at the moment. Did not know that requirement.

Feedback Score
    My understanding is that the UDP lines are touchy and you can lose UDP moving them to a sub account on a consumer account but you can move the tdp lines to a sub account without touching the UDP lines. However since business accounts can aol UDP lines you can move your lines around any way you like on a business account.

Yeah someone really ought to put all the relevant info in one place but this is the best post i've found on reddit

Feedback Score
    Any step by step instructions on how to achieve the ECPD?
    I already have a business EIN and 5 lines.
    Thank You.

Feedback Score
    If you find a guide please let me know.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    The best answer I've gotten is to get an ECPD. Once you have an ECPD, at least as of today, you're exempt from the UDP price hikes. And some have inferred that if you really wanted to - ECPD holders probably could get the contracts extended at-will... but there's no cause/need to do that today.

Someone else told me the easiest way to get an ECPD is during an AOL of a 5-line account. If you already have a five-line business account, call business customer service and ask about establishing one - I'd suggest adding/noting you're considering adding additional lines or sub-accounts in the future to motivate them.

An ECPD is basically an account number that bumps you to the mainstream business side of Verizon business sales, and out of the consumer/business-consumer arena, for people with employee discounts and 4 lines or less.

Again, this is my "best view" of things, and I haven't done any of it yet. That said, now that my loss-of-UDP issue has been resolved, my game plan is to AOL my account to business and establish an ECPD on it.