Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1368

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Should still have access to LTEiRA partners. As far as I know all Verizon MVNOs do.
    Thanks, ST Dog I think LTEiRA areas for Verizon mvno’s have Text & Data , no voice, afaik.

“ Extended “ areas are another matter - I think they are considered roaming, or off network, or just wider coverage footprint for retail “Mother

Ship” Verizon customers. Most of the time not an issue unless you live in a fringe area, in which case perhaps another carrier might work

better (?). YMMV

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    I think LTEiRA areas for Verizon mvno’s have Text & Data , no voice, afaik.
    I haven't had a chance to check recently.

It was only LTE service, which was data only last time I was in such an area.

But everything is LTE now (voice, text, and data) so all may work.

Extended coverage was 2G/3G stuff as far as I know. I don't remember ever hearing about extended LTE coverage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Question for: Boom Sponsors - do the Boom Red plans have any domestic roaming, or voice / data coverage in “Extended” or “LTEiRA” areas ?

A few years ago that seemed to be the case, but don’t think so anymore ?
    From my previous experience, the phone showed Extended Area and 1x in such case. I did not get data in these areas. Please check #1066.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unpaid View Post
    You get voice roaming but not data roaming.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997cui View Post
    From my previous experience, the phone showed Extended Area and 1x in such case. I did not get data in these areas. Please check #1066.
    That's Extended areas though, not LTEiRA (or LRA).

There are 21 partners, see bottom of this article.
    https://www.telecompetitor.com/all-2...loyed-service/

I'm not near, nor do I frequent any of them.

in March I had LTE data and SMS in Kentucky, from Bowling Green to Owensboro. A year earlier I lost everything for most of that stretch.

Not sure what carrier has that stretch but doubt it's Verizon. Probably Bluegrass Cellular.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So all Verizon mvno's have the same coverage footprint it would appear. Only exception I'm aware of is Selectel wireless ( Verizon service ) who offer a roaming package for $5 more per month ( no mention of it on their website, must be through dealers only, or by request only ? )

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score

Online account details are confusing

Call me stupid, but when I log on to my boom! account, click on my Monitor and see this ...

Name:  boom minutes.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  20.3 KB

... at the top of the page where a summary of my voice minutes, texts and data should be, well, it looks to me like I have zero minutes and zero texts remaining.

But no, I scroll down to my minutes remaining section only to see:

Name:  boom 2.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  7.2 KB

This is very faint and barely visible but it does in fact show that I have 0% of my minutes remaining. I have unlimited texts, so I don't really care about that, and in fact I can see my data usage. But it would be nice to see how many of my 250 minutes are remaining on my account.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Call me stupid, but when I log on to my boom! account, click on my Monitor and see this ...

Name:  boom minutes.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  20.3 KB

... at the top of the page where a summary of my voice minutes, texts and data should be, well, it looks to me like I have zero minutes and zero texts remaining.

But no, I scroll down to my minutes remaining section only to see:

Name:  boom 2.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  7.2 KB

This is very faint and barely visible but it does in fact show that I have 0% of my minutes remaining. I have unlimited texts, so I don't really care about that, and in fact I can see my data usage. But it would be nice to see how many of my 250 minutes are remaining on my account.
    The Boom ! Monitor stopped working > 6 months ago for minutes & texts. Data usage has continued to work. Must contact CS for balances of

minutes / texts utilized.

Feedback Score

hotspot

I've been a Selectel customer for several years, recently started needing hotspot, and was pleasantly surprised to find out they supported it. But then was unpleasantly surprised to find out it resets every month with the new plan and you have to contact them to re-provision it - what a pain. So I started looking into alternative VZ MVNOs with hotspot and found Boom. Can anyone confirm hotspot stays enabled on Boom?

I'd be sad to lose the Selectel paid roaming option (living out west with trips to spotty coverage areas), but could mitigate that by only moving my wife's phone to Boom and keeping mine on Selectel.

Device(s)
    S7 EDGE
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by miloj View Post
    I've been a Selectel customer for several years, recently started needing hotspot, and was pleasantly surprised to find out they supported it. But then was unpleasantly surprised to find out it resets every month with the new plan and you have to contact them to re-provision it - what a pain. So I started looking into alternative VZ MVNOs with hotspot and found Boom. Can anyone confirm hotspot stays enabled on Boom?

I'd be sad to lose the Selectel paid roaming option (living out west with trips to spotty coverage areas), but could mitigate that by only moving my wife's phone to Boom and keeping mine on Selectel.
    My Hotspot stays enabled every month. I've got a S7 Edge.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnutz View Post
    My Hotspot stays enabled every month. I've got a S7 Edge.
    Ditto with iPhone.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by miloj View Post

We have hotspot on our Plans and you can reach us very easily on chat, we activate all devices with Hotspot enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if there will be any changes coming to Boom mobile in the new year?

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman1 View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be any changes coming to Boom mobile in the new year?

What kind of changes are you looking for? We are announcing the addition of the T-Mo network soon. In fact we have some of the plans up on the site now. We have a few other surprises we are launching first quarter as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    What kind of changes are you looking for?
    Paygo roaming.

Feedback Score
    I see the new plans and network have been added.

The plans I have a handful of people on have lowered in price. If a person is on a plan whose pricing tier has decreased, will they need to contact Boom and ask for the new pricing, or will it automatically be applied to their accounts?

Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast