Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1520

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Jeff, we chatted several weeks ago about adding International calling to Boom Blue for use while I travel. I would need this available for 24 days. What is my best option and how far in advance of the travel date should I add it?

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Jeff or Charles, seriously exploring switching from Boom Red to Boom Blue. It seems like a no-brainer as far as a better deal.

However, I was just chatting with one of your customer service reps ... Clay, very nice and helpful ... and he offered the caveat that my phone should work, but that some units can be "picky" as far as compatibility with all the features on Boom Blue.

I have a carrier unlocked/SIM free iPhone XR that has never been activated with any other carrier except Boom Red. Is there any reason I shouldn't, with this unit, get all the bells and whistles that have been mentioned here as far as Boom Blue? (The IMEI checks as compatible.)

And if it turns out that there should be issues, how much trouble would it be to switch back to Boom Red and get a refund for the Boom Blue plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks to those above that explained what "reg feed tiers out on the 1yr plan at $8.97" meant.

I have another question. The Canada / Mexico roaming has been an extremely confusing point with the boom! AT&T plans, with lots of contradictory info provided by the boom! representatives in this thread.

First, it was stated that there was no Canada roaming included, but that there was Mexico roaming included.

Then it was stated that only higher cost plans plans include Canada / Mexico roaming.

Finally, in the above quoted post, it seems to be stated that ALL boom! AT&T plans include Canada / Mexico roaming.

I'm just trying to understand before I make recommendations to people regarding boom! AT&T.

Can somebody PLEASE help clarify what out of all the different things the boom! reps have stated in this thread regarding Canada / Mexico roaming is accurate about the boom! AT&T plans?

Thank you!
    I second the request. On their network page about boom blue it says-

Core Features of boom! BLUE

HD Voice (VoLTE)
    WiFi Calling
    Mobile HotSpot
    Domestic Roaming
    Visual Voicemail (iPhone)
    Visual Voicemail (Android/Windows)
    Unlimited data, talk & text in Mexico and Canada
    Unlimited text to 190+ countries
    Unlimited texts from the US to 120+ countries

Yet, on the individual plan descriptions it would lead one to think otherwise. Basically, the unlimited data plans (those that don't list a GB limit on LTE data) seem to have service in Canada. Those with the limit only mention Mexico...no mention of Canada.

Feedback Score
    And I still wonder if the unlimited plans that mention High Priority Network Access have a higher priority than the plans that don't mention it. As I mentioned earlier, AT&T seems to have different levels of priority on their plans.
    I know CharlesB said they all run on the premium network, but the special notation of High Priority access still makes me wonder.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    We can support it on ATT. I will say not all of the CS reps know how at this point. It’s new to us. Please send in a ticket and we can add it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I chatted today, and was told it only works on shared blue plans. Not the individual plan I'm on (the annual $240/5GB plan). Looking at the shared plans, they mention the watch, but the price jump from my current plan is more than I'm willing to spend for the watch
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I second the request. On their network page about boom blue it says-

Core Features of boom! BLUE

HD Voice (VoLTE)
    WiFi Calling
    Mobile HotSpot
    Domestic Roaming
    Visual Voicemail (iPhone)
    Visual Voicemail (Android/Windows)
    Unlimited data, talk & text in Mexico and Canada
    Unlimited text to 190+ countries
    Unlimited texts from the US to 120+ countries

Yet, on the individual plan descriptions it would lead one to think otherwise. Basically, the unlimited data plans (those that don't list a GB limit on LTE data) seem to have service in Canada. Those with the limit only mention Mexico...no mention of Canada.
    And I still wonder if the unlimited plans that mention High Priority Network Access have a higher priority than the plans that don't mention it. As I mentioned earlier, AT&T seems to have different levels of priority on their plans.
    I know CharlesB said they all run on the premium network, but the special notation of High Priority access still makes me wonder.
    The boom! website needs a LOT of work to provide complete and accurate info, as do the answers provided in this thread by boom! reps, at least with regard to boom! AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Well, despite the questions, I ordered an annual 5GB/month plan. It can't be worse than Red Pocket GSMA, and should have some advantages. Interestingly, Red Pocket gave me an account number that was NOT my phone number. I have read that other users have used their phone number as the account number. The PIN was the last 4 digits of the sim, which matches other info I have read.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Well, despite the questions, I ordered an annual 5GB/month plan. It can't be worse than Red Pocket GSMA, and should have some advantages.
    The advertised postpaid coverage is what convinced me to go to Boom for my primary line from T-Mobile. Though I've used RP for secondary lines when the value was better (such as $60/year).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The advertised postpaid coverage is what convinced me to go to Boom for my primary line from T-Mobile. Though I've used RP for secondary lines when the value was better (such as $60/year).
    Exactly my thinking. I will still have a couple of lines on RP although one will probably also move to boom. RP has it's place for sure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Exactly my thinking. I will still have a couple of lines on RP although one will probably also move to boom. RP has it's place for sure.
    I used them once to test out T-Mobile before I moved to T-Mobile postpaid (so I could use my Apple Watch). It had improved. That number was regularly called by a sex recording, so learned not to answer it. I somehow messed up the SIM card moving between phones before the year was up so I just disconnected the number from my account. Let the sex calls record to voice mail unanswered until the year is up in August.

If my sister had any interest in switching companies, she could save money and get better service on Boom. Either Blue or Red. She has been with T-Mobile since it was Voicestream(?). And her husband with ST for many years (long before I heard of Boom). But they just use cell phone service. Easier to just pay the bill every month.

Feedback Score
    Well, despite the questions, I ordered an annual 5GB/month plan. It can't be worse than Red Pocket GSMA, and should have some advantages. Interestingly, Red Pocket gave me an account number that was NOT my phone number. I have read that other users have used their phone number as the account number. The PIN was the last 4 digits of the sim, which matches other info I have read.
    Where did you order it? What was the total of your order after any taxes / fees?

I see that https://www.boom.us/xtreme360/ is back up to $239.04.

Feedback Score
    I ordered direct from boom. That price includes everything. So slightly more than the current sale price of the RP eBay plan (209.99 plus sales tax of 8% for me).

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by cnypackerfan; 06-24-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hey, just a few questions.

* Any plans to have Boom Red unlimited plan?

* any plans to increase priority data for Boom Blue to 50 GB from 22 GB, since ATT Increased the data on their plans.

* when will there be an option to disable stream saver for boom blue? Wing Alpha- which resells ATT business lines can disable stream saver.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mluqman2024 View Post
    Hey, just a few questions.

* Any plans to have Boom Red unlimited plan?

* any plans to increase priority data for Boom Blue to 50 GB from 22 GB, since ATT Increased the data on their plans.

* when will there be an option to disable stream saver for boom blue? Wing Alpha- which resells ATT business lines can disable stream saver.

Thanks
    We will release 3 new unlimited plans within 2 weeks on the AT&T network. We have found we can remove the stream saver but it automatically gets added back at renewal by ATT. We are working with them to fix it. At this point there isn’t a plan for a boom red unlimited plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    We will release 3 new unlimited plans within 2 weeks on the AT&T network. We have found we can remove the stream saver but it automatically gets added back at renewal by ATT. We are working with them to fix it. At this point there isn’t a plan for a boom red unlimited plan.

The 3 new ones can you mention the prices of them to give us a heads up or you can’t? Just trying to figure things out before my plan renews on July 9th

Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast