Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1368

Thread: boom! Mobile

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wow! Maybe Jeff doesn't even really work for boom!? If he does, talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!
    Out of respect to anyone in here actually trying to be helpful I’m done with your responses. It’s obvious you look to spew negativity and I’m done taking my time reading what you have to say...all others trying to work through this I thank you and please know my entire morning has been battling our wireless partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by martin_j001; 03-03-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    After posting a PDF of my sales receipt to the Boom Support trouble ticket they (Boom Support) responded/reiterated with the following:

"I do apologize. You are welcome to contact Verizon. You have until 03/16. On that date we would either need to move you to one of our other Networks. OR we can help you find a device."

It would appear the standard support reply for the affected VZW users is to tell the user it's their responsibility to deal with VZW, or move to another network, or buy a new device.
    We are still fighting for you. It seems by giving everyone time and bringing this issue to light that we are taking the hit. We have been absorbing 7-8k a month for almost 3 years trying to work through this with our wireless partner without alerting or concerning any of the affected customers. So I fully understand your frustration because we have battled this for years with them. I know each of the other VZW MVNO’s has this same language. We all talk and some my choose to handle it differently. All I can say is hang in there and we will figure it out....we always have been good to our customers.

Last edited by martin_j001; 03-03-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    The whole left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing is a common problem. Been there, done that many times in the past.

The feeling I'm getting from the support chats I've had and email responses that Boom Support has basically washed their hands of this and its up to the affected customer to deal with VZW or buy a new phone (no guarantee the problem won't continue with VZW) or change plans to another non VZW plan. In other words: It's not our problem, it's yours.

The whole thing is confusing from the customer standpoint. The problem is obviously with VZW and their databases. Not sure if they (VZW) are basing this issue on the cell phone number that was issued by VZW way back when (decades ago in my case), or the fact I ported out of VZW with a VZW branded phone (maybe VZW wants to recoup the VZW branded phone cost), or the fact that VZW hasn't properly updated their database (somehow) with the newer non VZW unlocked phone. One would think that by changing the IMEI number or the MEID number to the unlocked non carrier phone that VZW would realize one is no longer using a VZW branded phone. Not sure where the problem lies, (speculation off the top of my head here) is the Boom system correct but that data hasn't been properly transmitted/transferred into the VZW database and the VZW database is using the old data? Or is this simply VZW jerking everyone's chain to try and force some users back to VZW or away from the MVNO VZW plans? Who knows.
    I figure it's a little bit of all of the above, probably magnified by the fact that if I had to venture a guess and put money on it, Boom is a relatively small operation in reality and doesn't have the personnel/infrastructure/resources to wage the kind of fight customers are asking them to wage, even with them maintaining only a small number have folks have been impacted.

As I mentioned to Jeff, I think it's telling that they're branching out as to what networks they have available and, according to Prepaid Phone News, doing promos to try to push them (although in fairness they're pushing VZW too).

The reason this subject caught my attention and I've been chiming in and will keep a close eye on it in the future, even though I've not been directly affected, is concern about the future, about what could happen down the road.

I love Boom's service, have no plan as of 11:40-ish on 2/27/20 to go anywhere else, but I also thought it was telling that Jeff could not definitively promise (and to be fair I know it's hard to make definitive promises about anything) that if I purchased an unlocked, non-carrier-branded, never had a SIM card in it, never been activated phone in the future, it would work on the VZW network on Boom. And when I asked about what phones folks who are having no issues with this are using to get on the VZW network with Boom, he mentioned that they are going to offer Samsung J3's, basically a low-rent budget line phone, to the affected customers.

The reality is that the MVNO world has changed in the last decade. I daresay there are a lot of folks in my boat ... saving money is a priority, but not the No. 1 one, and we want to have the best and newest and bells-and-whistle filled phones we can get, not cheapo models, because we're more interested in control and in not doing direct business/signing contracts with the spawns of Satan that are the wireless companies, especially VZW, which I really think would like to see MVNOs go away and everyone with them either postpaid or prepaid.

Feedback Score
    I just got off the phone with VZW from the phone number provided to me by Boom and explained the situation and gave them my IMEI number. VZW spent a few minutes looking into it came back and told me their records show this IMEI device was never sold by Verizon, never put on their service, never been in their system at all. Boom told me I need to have VZW remove the claim on my phone, VZW tells me they cannot remove anything because they have ZERO record of ever having it.

Again, this phone was purchased brand new, unlocked in a factory sealed box from Best Buy in May 2019. Been with Boom since 2016, so this phone was never with VZW at any time. Not to mention, the original e-mail I received from Boom about this contained an IMEI number and phone number that weren't even mine. I don't know what to think at this point.

So now what do I do?

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace77 View Post
    I just got off the phone with VZW from the phone number provided to me by Boom and explained the situation and gave them my IMEI number. VZW spent a few minutes looking into it came back and told me their records show this IMEI device was never sold by Verizon, never put on their service, never been in their system at all. Boom told me I need to have VZW remove the claim on my phone, VZW tells me they cannot remove anything because they have ZERO record of ever having it.

Again, this phone was purchased brand new, unlocked in a factory sealed box from Best Buy in May 2019. Been with Boom since 2016, so this phone was never with VZW at any time. Not to mention, the original e-mail I received from Boom about this contained an IMEI number and phone number that weren't even mine. I don't know what to think at this point.

So now what do I do?
    Hang tight...it’s not like you are getting disconnected. I have 50 plus emails bouncing around this morning with our wireless partner.

Last edited by martin_j001; 03-03-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    I know bennor already mentioned it above, but the way the information on this issue has developed, it seems risky to even buy a new phone hoping to resolve the issue with boom! Vzw.

As has been mentioned several times above, some of the phones being used by affected boom! Red customers were purchased AFTER the phone # was ported into boom! and were NEVER used on Vzw directly.

However, for those in an area with no reliable network besides Vzw, it might be worth accepting the Samsung J3 from boom! to see if a different phone resolves the issue with Vzw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    Yes you could. We could also offer a Samsung J3 to those affected and they can’t use either of the other networks due to service issues.

Feedback Score
    Out of respect to anyone in here actually trying to be helpful I’m done with your responses. It’s obvious you look to spew negativity and I’m done taking my time reading what you have to say...all others trying to work through this I thank you and please know my entire morning has been battling our wireless partner.
    All I'm saying is, since you're an owner or (upper management(?)) at boom!, couldn't you instruct the CSRs to NOT provide customers such incorrect and seemingly (at least as perceived by the customers that replied above) uncaring responses?
    Last edited by martin_j001; 03-03-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace77 View Post

So now what do I do?
    I really want this issue figured out for everyone involved.

But your post brings it back to question a prior post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Is there more to the issue, such as the actual PHONE NUMBER previously being on Vzw directly?
    Perhaps that's part of what Jeff is pursuing with Vzw.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    All I can say is hang in there and we will figure it out....we always have been good to our customers.
    Jeff thanks for the replies. I can fully understand your frustration dealing with VZW. And as a customer I appreciate the various feedback you are giving us here. Hopefully this can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction in a timely fashion. Hopefully before 03/16.

Feedback Score
    Hi Jeff,

I certainly appreciate your presence and responsiveness here, and I hope you will stay a bit longer.

It looks to me like most of the affected people have a similar situation: they started service with Boom using a "bring your own" Verizon phone. They later swapped their Boom SIM into a new non-Verizon phone, but VZW is still slapping on the penalty fee.

Has anyone tried replacing the [apparently] flagged SIM in an affected non-Verizon phone with a brand new Boom Red SIM to see if that resolves the problem? That is, I'm curious whether VZW is only detecting the flagged Boom SIM, OR is also storing and blacklisting each new MEID it sees associated with the flagged Boom SIM. If the latter, then effectively both the SIM and the phone become "poisoned" and have to be replaced (or unflagged somehow by VZW).

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
    Last edited by zbschoening; 02-27-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    And also, when I say "brand new Boom Red SIM", it might not need to just be physically different hardware, but an entirely new Boom account for the user. I apologize for my ignorance of the technology...!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zbschoening View Post
    Hi Jeff,

I certainly appreciate your presence and responsiveness here, and I hope you will stay a bit longer.

It looks to me like most of the affected people have a similar situation: they started service with Boom using a "bring your own" Verizon phone. They later swapped their Boom SIM into a new non-Verizon phone, but VZW is still slapping on the penalty fee.

Has anyone tried replacing the [apparently] flagged SIM in an affected non-Verizon phone with a brand new Boom Red SIM to see if that resolves the problem? That is, I'm curious whether VZW is only detecting the flagged Boom SIM, OR is also storing and blacklisting each new MEID it sees associated with the flagged Boom SIM. If the latter, then effectively both the SIM and the phone become "poisoned" and have to be replaced (or unflagged somehow by VZW).

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
    I asked this same question in one of my phone calls to Boom, and was told it would not have any effect. Said the SIM card is not what's causing it. From the pattern we keep seeing which you've point out though, it sure seems like it's coming from either the phone number or the SIM, and not the MEID/IMEI number as previously thought. So hopefully further investigation makes all this more clear.

Feedback Score
    If that's the case, then it sounds like all that info (SIMs, MEIDs, phone numbers, possibly even the specific MVNO user) might get linked together and identified as "penalty eligible". That may be why it's hard to figure out the exact trigger for each Boom user -- once any one item is flagged, it could be any of the linked items that does it. Also sounds like VZW doesn't legally need to relent unless you prove to them your current phone is non-Verizon.

I can see why the easiest solutions for staying with Boom is either switching to a different network, or if you insist on Red, to start over with a clean slate. Guess I'll try the former for now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zbschoening View Post
    If that's the case, then it sounds like all that info (SIMs, MEIDs, phone numbers, possibly even the specific MVNO user) might get linked together and identified as "penalty eligible". That may be why it's hard to figure out the exact trigger for each Boom user -- once any one item is flagged, it could be any of the linked items that does it. Also sounds like VZW doesn't legally need to relent unless you prove to them your current phone is non-Verizon.

I can see why the easiest solutions for staying with Boom is either switching to a different network, or if you insist on Red, to start over with a clean slate. Guess I'll try the former for now.
    In fact it has been confirmed previously that the phone number IS one of the factors Verizon applies in assessing a penalty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    In fact it has been confirmed previously that the phone number IS one of the factors Verizon applies in assessing a penalty.
    I did say that a number of pages back. But boom! is really focusing on the devices, so much so that boom! CSRs are asking customers to call Vzw to see if Vzw can remove the Vzw claim on their phones, but as reported by Ace77 above, Vzw had no record of the phone, bringing it back (possibly) to the phone #.

Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast