Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1366

Thread: boom! Mobile

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koogs View Post
    This is a very frustrating issue, that frankly Boom is not really doing anything to help solve in my opinion.
    I've spoken to multiple customer service reps with different information each time which makes it confusing. One tells me my phone is "compatible" with Boom via chat, another tells me I do have a problem and talk to Verizon, the 3rd I called b/c I realized me MEID didn't match the email that was sent and I wanted clarification seemed to think I was fine and was going to speak with his supervisor when she got back, then the 4th telling me I have a problem still (after I didn't get a call back). And ohh by the way, I'm going to have this problem at all prepaids not just them.

I just spoke with a customer service rep who told me that basically this is my problem, kept telling me its b/c it was activated on Verizon. That I bought a used phone, or refurbished phone. Told me to speak with Apple since they sold me the phone. Which i did, they told me that looking at the national database I have an unlocked phone, not tied at all to Verizon. Apple receipt shows "Iphone Unlocked" on it. There shouldn't be any limit on activating it on any network and that I should escalate within Boom since by all visible records, this has no connection with Verizon and is not locked at all.

What I don't understand from a customer service point of view is that they are providing no path to getting it resolved. No contact number at Verizon with people who actually understand the problem, nothing. Just switch to our great AT*T network. This is effectively a phantom list that Boom has, but no one else has, and I need to get off of it but they need someone else to take me off, but I can't get connected to anyone who understands what this is...

I'm really getting to the point where I want to pack up my toys and take them elsewhere.
    We have been dealing with this for 4 yrs so I know it’s frustrating for you as well as for us. We have spent the accumulation of months of time on calls trying to work through this mess. Please send a copy of your receipt and we will try again on our side. I understand if you feel the need to move to a different provider if you want to keep VZW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRW94 View Post
    Jeff, different kind of question. Say someone wanted to change from Red to one of your other offerings. How much trouble would it be to do that and, more importantly, to change back if it wasn't working?

I said in a couple of my posts that anything besides VZW was a non-starter for me. I'm the editor of the local newspaper, we've got a story running about pending VZW transmitter/tower upgrades (first step to 5G), but I had forgotten until seeing our reporter's story that T-Mobile was doing an equally massive upgrade (and may even be finished with it now) in the area, including Band 72 coverage.

I've always thought that options were nice ...
    It is a pretty simple process for us to send out a free T- Mobile sim and if it’s not working well then just keep the VZW sim and we will port you back to give you enough time to find a VZW provider. Again we didn’t want to cause ourselves unwanted problems and our only option was to address it or continue to lose 7-8k a month because of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    It is a pretty simple process for us to send out a free T- Mobile sim and if it’s not working well then just keep the VZW sim and we will port you back to give you enough time to find a VZW provider. Again we didn’t want to cause ourselves unwanted problems and our only option was to address it or continue to lose 7-8k a month because of it.

I wasn’t clear ... if I saw that T Mobile wasn’t working for me could I port back to Boom Red?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace77 View Post
    I have been with Boom since 2016 with no issues whatsoever. I purchased my current phone in May 2019, unlocked from Best Buy. So brand new unlocked phone, and never been on Verizon's network as I've only had it a few months.
    Sounds like my situation. When you first joined Boom, did you start out using a phone you'd purchased through Verizon? Or even just a Verizon-branded phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zbschoening View Post
    Sounds like my situation. When you first joined Boom, did you start out using a phone you'd purchased through Verizon? Or even just a Verizon-branded phone?
    The phone I used when I first joined Boom was a Samsung Galaxy S5 originally purchased at Sam's Club on a Verizon 2 year contract. So I believe it was a Verizon branded phone. Once the contract was up I had them unlock the phone and joined Boom with it. Used it for about 3 years on Boom with no issue. Then in May 2019 I purchased an unlocked Google Pixel 3a at Best Buy and obviously immediately activated it with Boom (so it was never with Verizon), and now I'm being told this.

Feedback Score
    We will also look into it but just because you bought from Best Buy doesn’t mean it didn’t have a VZW radio in it that was loaded on purpose or accidentally on their network. Again if it was a wide spread issue then you would see so many more complaints. We are actively working with our wireless partner as well to help clear devices like these for our customers.

Thank you for the response. I'm not a cellular expert by any means, so I'm not trying to argue your point, I just really don't understand how that would be even possible. But in any event, the few times I spoke on the phone with Boom about this I was made to feel like this is my problem to solve, and that working it out with VZW is likely going to be impossible to do. So my options are to change carriers on Boom, join Verizon directly, or go out and buy another new phone and cross my fingers, which I obviously prefer to do none of. And I have 4 lines on Boom (myself and three others), so if I have to leave Boom I'll be taking four lines with me. Really don't want to.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 03-03-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Please send a copy of your receipt and we will try again on our side.
    Jeff, in my case I've attached a PDF scan of the sales receipt of my current phone to the support ticket VFF-HBKQN-829. The sales receipt shows the unlocked phone was purchased from Best Buy. It was not activated on any account/service by Best Buy to my knowledge. The phone (at the time) was sealed in the box until I removed it and input the Boom sim card used on the previous phone (a VZW branded phone that was ported to Boom several months before) into it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    Jeff, in my case I've attached a PDF scan of the sales receipt of my current phone to the support ticket VFF-HBKQN-829. The sales receipt shows the unlocked phone was purchased from Best Buy. It was not activated on any account/service by Best Buy to my knowledge. The phone (at the time) was sealed in the box until I removed it and input the Boom sim card used on the previous phone (a VZW branded phone that was ported to Boom several months before) into it.
    I'm in the exact same boat. Purchased an unlocked phone, sealed box and all from Best Buy in May. Put my Boom sim card in it from my previous phone (a VZW branded phone that was ported to Boom years before). Boom told me it has nothing to do with the SIM card, but I have no clue how VZW could possibly have the IMEI number on my new phone.

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRW94 View Post
    I wasn’t clear ... if I saw that T Mobile wasn’t working for me could I port back to Boom Red?
    Yes you could. We could also offer a Samsung J3 to those affected and they can’t use either of the other networks due to service issues.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    We have been dealing with this for 4 yrs so I know it’s frustrating for you as well as for us.
    Sounds like you need to train a few CSR on this then have any calls about it redirected to them.

Feedback Score
    We have been dealing with this for 4 yrs so I know it’s frustrating for you as well as for us. We have spent the accumulation of months of time on calls trying to work through this mess. Please send a copy of your receipt and we will try again on our side. I understand if you feel the need to move to a different provider if you want to keep VZW.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. I attached the receipt for the phone to support ticket RVP-WGYKU-297 that I created when i asked originally over chat. That previously got closed, but I don't think they created any tickets when I called.

thanks for your help

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    After posting a PDF of my sales receipt to the Boom Support trouble ticket they (Boom Support) responded/reiterated with the following:

"I do apologize. You are welcome to contact Verizon. You have until 03/16. On that date we would either need to move you to one of our other Networks. OR we can help you find a device."

It would appear the standard support reply for the affected VZW users is to tell the user it's their responsibility to deal with VZW, or move to another network, or buy a new device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    After posting a PDF of my sales receipt to the Boom Support trouble ticket they (Boom Support) responded/reiterated with the following:

"I do apologize. You are welcome to contact Verizon. You have until 03/16. On that date we would either need to move you to one of our other Networks. OR we can help you find a device."

It would appear the standard support reply for the affected VZW users is to tell the user it's their responsibility to deal with VZW, or move to another network, or buy a new device.
    Wow! Maybe Jeff doesn't even really work for boom!? If he does, talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    .... talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!
    The whole left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing is a common problem. Been there, done that many times in the past.

The feeling I'm getting from the support chats I've had and email responses that Boom Support has basically washed their hands of this and its up to the affected customer to deal with VZW or buy a new phone (no guarantee the problem won't continue with VZW) or change plans to another non VZW plan. In other words: It's not our problem, it's yours.

The whole thing is confusing from the customer standpoint. The problem is obviously with VZW and their databases. Not sure if they (VZW) are basing this issue on the cell phone number that was issued by VZW way back when (decades ago in my case), or the fact I ported out of VZW with a VZW branded phone (maybe VZW wants to recoup the VZW branded phone cost), or the fact that VZW hasn't properly updated their database (somehow) with the newer non VZW unlocked phone. One would think that by changing the IMEI number or the MEID number to the unlocked non carrier phone that VZW would realize one is no longer using a VZW branded phone. Not sure where the problem lies, (speculation off the top of my head here) is the Boom system correct but that data hasn't been properly transmitted/transferred into the VZW database and the VZW database is using the old data? Or is this simply VZW jerking everyone's chain to try and force some users back to VZW or away from the MVNO VZW plans? Who knows.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11. Past: iPhone 8, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Moto E, iPhone 5c,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | US Mobile |Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think Jeff is trying his best. But it seems Boom! 's hands are tied here. Whether it was A) a current phone once used on VZW, B) a former phone used on Boom! that was once used on VZW, or in some cases) even a # that was once used on VZW -- Big Red is putting the screws to Boom customers. Being a smaller MVNO, maybe Verizon can push them around where they can't with a Slim + Co. brand.
    (I have got a line in my name for a family member with Xfinity Mobile. The number was ported from VZW using a Verizon branded iPhone 7. Even though the current phone on that line has nothing to do with Verizon, I mean who knows if this could creep over to other carriers. I would say probably not because based on the latest TOS Verizon got major concessions so to speak from Xfinity)
    While it seems insensitive or like a hands in the air, give up move -- I mean really what else can Boom! do besides tell their customers to call Verizon. And then again, what service is a non Verizon customer going to get by calling 800-922-0204 -- not much. I think the writing is on the wall here. If you are going to get cut off by 3/16, switch to Verizon post, Verizon pre, or Visible, or choose another network on Boom! The idea of forcing some kind of specific performance from Boom doesn't seem like a winning strategy here.

Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast