Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 73 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1899

Thread: boom! Mobile

  1. #1831
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    393
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    So any time I chime in it seems that a few like to attack. I have always been transparent when I comment and it seems that it’s only believed by a few. I know best where we stand. The ATT situation has been more than frustrating for all of us at boom! In our negotiations they have been unreasonable in what they are asking for from us. We are a multi carrier MVNO and we are trying to stay that way but the big guys are asking for commitments that would force us to be exclusive. The division that we work with at ATT had us as the only MVNE agreement they had offered so we didn’t violate any TOS. It’s a frustrating position and it may get worked out but I’m not playing games and we are preparing for the worst possible scenario because if I didn’t you guys would be on me for that as well. I hope that it works out soon or in the future but I will not risk my business for someone being a bully. Thanks for those that support us and continue to help us grow. More to come as it develops.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thank you for the response. It may open you to attacks but I think most folks will appreciate your openness.

    I apologize if I got a little salty, but I hope you will understand that this situation has created a lot of uncertainty among your customer base. As noted, my own service is set to renew on 7/24 so I have no idea if I’ve got to make a change by then or by 7/31 and can’t get a clear answer from customer service.

    I understand you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do in the best interests of your company, no issues there. But bottom line, I like what I’m getting with Boom Blue, with the bells and whistles, a lot better than I liked the service I got from Boom Red, and while I’m most likely going to switch to Boom Red to get through the crisis, I can’t guarantee that I won’t look for that service elsewhere moving forward.

    I certainly am not going to put you on the spot to reveal anything that’s being negotiated, but based on your post, is the door closed with irrevocable, metaphysical certitude, forevermore, to your relationship with ATT being salvaged at some point?

  2. #1832
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,065
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    This situation with Boost and Dish has me a little off my game.

    Dish acquired Boost as a result of T-mobile acquiring Sprint (if I understand correctly), and I thought ultimately will use some spectrum Dish has been hoarding in reserve, but has no existing infrastructure to support (i.e. cell sites). In the meantime they're balancing between the old Sprint network with certain plan names and what I believe they're calling "Nationwide" plans on the T-mobile network.

    How AT&T fits into that I've no clue, but wouldn't Dish now be considered the MVNO and Boost their subsidiary? My head hurts!

    Oops; pre-empted by more important news I see.
    It is the uncertainty more than anything else that bothers many people. Some attacks on Jeff, for instance, has kept him from responding. And not wanting to jump in when he himself doesn't know how it will be resolved. Learned today a little more news than we hadn't had before. It would appear that ATT wants certain numbers that would essentially mean everyone on Boom would have to be on Blue. Whether or not that is the best option for them. I'll give Red another try, since I'm paid for until February, and I don't work in the building I used to where Verizon coverage was pitiful.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

  3. #1833
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,065
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlhanson View Post
    My annual Boom Blue (the $500 per year one) expires on 12/16/21. Do I understand correctly that I can just sit tight for now?
    I'm thinking no. Based on the 7/31 date being put out there. And if so, it is getting kind of late since for most people, to move to Red or Purple they would need SIMs to be mailed. I proactively bought a SIM a couple weeks ago since I didn't want to be stuck, and it took a couple days within the state of Oklahoma. (To regional facility. To OTHER regional facility, then to me). If I hadn't ordered it already, I wouldn't get it by this Friday so may have had to port to another company while on vacation.

  4. #1834
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    393
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I'm thinking no. Based on the 7/31 date being put out there. And if so, it is getting kind of late since for most people, to move to Red or Purple they would need SIMs to be mailed. I proactively bought a SIM a couple weeks ago since I didn't want to be stuck, and it took a couple days within the state of Oklahoma. (To regional facility. To OTHER regional facility, then to me). If I hadn't ordered it already, I wouldn't get it by this Friday so may have had to port to another company while on vacation.

    I responded to Jeff that I couldn’t get a clear indication of whether I’m operating on 7/24, when my monthly renewal is supposed to happen, or 7/31 as the drop dead date for changing my service, but someone from customer service just responded via email that they will “work with me” on it which I take to mean I will not lose my number on Saturday. I would hope that would apply to all customers.

    The CSR I spoke with today said she was sending me both Red and Purple SIM cards, not expecting to see them until Monday.

  5. #1835
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,065
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PRW94 View Post
    but someone from customer service just responded via email that they will “work with me” on it which I take to mean I will not lose my number on Saturday. I would hope that would apply to all customers.
    Thanks. With my road trip it would either have required me to do it by Friday, or on August 4th when I returned and had my mail delivered. Too stressful for me. I guess, since I have my SIM, I could just take it along and do it on the trip if necessary. But I've already submitted a question to CS asking them what would be best.

  6. #1836
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    So any time I chime in it seems that a few like to attack. I have always been transparent when I comment and it seems that it’s only believed by a few. I know best where we stand. The ATT situation has been more than frustrating for all of us at boom! In our negotiations they have been unreasonable in what they are asking for from us. We are a multi carrier MVNO and we are trying to stay that way but the big guys are asking for commitments that would force us to be exclusive. The division that we work with at ATT had us as the only MVNE agreement they had offered so we didn’t violate any TOS. It’s a frustrating position and it may get worked out but I’m not playing games and we are preparing for the worst possible scenario because if I didn’t you guys would be on me for that as well. I hope that it works out soon or in the future but I will not risk my business for someone being a bully. Thanks for those that support us and continue to help us grow. More to come as it develops.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. I know you don't want this to be happening.


    Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

  7. #1837
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    130
    Feedback Score
    0
    I will try red, but I almost forgot I did trial red last year. It was lousy as Verizon has always been for me, data wise. But it's a year later and who knows, maybe it's better. Maybe I should try purple as it wasn't horrible but...can be variable.
    I guess I need a dual sim phone with two cheaper plans to get better overall coverage.

    Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

  8. #1838
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    246
    Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    You are right we don’t post here as much as we would like. Jeff is my leader and once I learned about this situation he mentioned he wanted to address HOFO. I was waiting on him, as you can imagine we have been very busy in our primary communication channels today.

    I would like to emphasize his point “In our negations they have been unreasonable in what they are asking from us” is an understatement in my personal opinion.

    If you’re on blue, I encourage you to try Purple or Red. Our plans are very competitive and we will do our best to ensure the transition is smooth as possible.

    If you haven’t received the call yet, we may have left a voicemail, your box is full, or not setup. We are calling personally rather than using our automated dialer. We will call everyday if needed.

    I will do my best to check back often.

    -Charles


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

  9. #1839
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    U.S. Inland Northwest
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    [...]
    Thanks to you both for being here and your openness and forthrightness, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. (& hopefully the "bully" you are referring to here is AT&T, not those who "like to attack"!)

    It seems completely brain-dead to me that AT&T would make the kinds of demands that you're implying that they're making. It sounds to me like they've decided that they'd rather have 0% of your business than whatever they are currently getting? How dumb is that?

    It sucks to be a customer caught in the middle of this, too, as I'm sure you can imagine...I had some doubts going into it at first, but the last 9 months that I've been a customer of yours have been great, and on account of that experience as well as how honorably you have conducted yourselves here, I do want to be able to continue to patronize your business.

    Unfortunately, my particular circumstances at present demand AT&T network. I wish it weren't so as I've come to despise many aspects of how they run their business (and this latest turn of events has only reinforced that), but for now that's my reality. So I don't think that switching to Red or Purple is in the cards for me at this time, and as a result I'm likely going to have to port over to some other VO that has AT&T as an option and request a refund for the 3 remaining months of my Blue annual plan that I will be unable to finish. I wish I didn't have to.

    I did get your voicemail, and so I'm now in the middle of evaluating my options, and will return your call once I figure out what I'm going to end up doing.

    Hopefully at some point in the future our paths will cross again, either because my circumstances have changed and I can be free to use a different mobile network, or because Boom! and AT&T have made up and they're reinstated as an option.

    And regardless, I hope one day to be able to read your "tell all" NYT bestseller book with all of the juicy behind-the-scenes details.

  10. #1840
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    You are right we don’t post here as much as we would like. Jeff is my leader and once I learned about this situation he mentioned he wanted to address HOFO. I was waiting on him, as you can imagine we have been very busy in our primary communication channels today.

    I would like to emphasize his point “In our negations they have been unreasonable in what they are asking from us” is an understatement in my personal opinion.

    If you’re on blue, I encourage you to try Purple or Red. Our plans are very competitive and we will do our best to ensure the transition is smooth as possible.

    If you haven’t received the call yet, we may have left a voicemail, your box is full, or not setup. We are calling personally rather than using our automated dialer. We will call everyday if needed.

    I will do my best to check back often.

    -Charles


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Are you saying that all Boom Blue customers, like me, have to leave Boom Blue now? Even though their annual plans have months of paid service left?

  11. #1841
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    And if I do have to leave, can I port out my number, and receive a refund for my remaining paid service?

  12. #1842
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    214
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    So any time I chime in it seems that a few like to attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    You are right we don’t post here as much as we would like.
    Guys thanks for your replies. Its unfortunate a few have chosen to drive you guys away. Please know that we Boom users, even if not affected by this particular issue with AT&T, appreciate any and all comms about Boom and its feature/plan enhancements or issues with specific services or plans that you and your fellow employees can provide.

  13. #1843
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    437
    Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlhanson View Post
    And if I do have to leave, can I port out my number, and receive a refund for my remaining paid service?
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1844
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlhanson View Post
    Are you saying that all Boom Blue customers, like me, have to leave Boom Blue now? Even though their annual plans have months of paid service left?
    Yes. Contact Boom! if they haven't already contacted you. They'll be glad to move you over to the Red or Purple network. Or give you a pro-rated refund if you port out to another ATT MVNO.

  15. #1845
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    393
    Feedback Score
    0
    I will give credit where credit is due, the same Boom customer service person who called me yesterday just called me again, reassuring that my Blue plan will be renewed, albeit temporarily, on July 24, and that if for some reason I have not received my SIM cards (they sent Red and Purple) by July 30, they can do something on their end to switch my service over.

    I thanked her for that. That's the kind of customer service I'd grown to expect from Boom, and I give kudos to Charles and Jeff and their operation.

    At the same time, in addition to thanking her, I was polite but clear in saying that I'm still considering my options moving forward. Because as I've noted here, "cheap" isn't my No. 1 motivation for using an MVNO ... I basically don't want to sign a contract with any of the sons of Satan that are the big carriers ... and that the reason I moved to Blue is because of the bells and whistles it had. (As far as I know, Boom Red still doesn't have Wi-Fi calling?)

    I think Boom Blue fit the description of a Cadillac plan that was touched upon yesterday, and I made clear that if I saw a degradation of service from Red (which is what I'm going to go with), then just like Charles and Jeff have said they have to do what is best for their business, I've got to do what's best for my phone needs. She said she totally understood, and I appreciated that.

Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 73 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 05:08 PM
  2. Mobile Phone Demand Booming!
    By KBAM in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 01:44 AM
  3. Alltel V60C on Bell Mobility Possible??
    By dgorecki in forum Motorola
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2001, 11:44 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2001, 02:16 PM

Bookmarks