Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1737

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glasspilot View Post
    I have been happy with Boom for a few years now. I am using a Samsung S5 and I know it's getting long in the tooth now.

Leo Laporte (Tech Guy) was recommending the Moto e6 to someone who wanted a removable battery. First, does the e6 work on Boom Red? Anybody have any experience with the e6? Thanks......
    The unlocked Moto E6 will work on all three networks.

My 16 yr old has one. Replaced an E4. She's happy with it.

Might feel a bit slower than your Galaxy S5.
    Hard to compare the different processors (801 vs 435) The E6 has a lower resolution screen (720 vs 1080) and less internal storage (16GB vs 32GB) and weaker main camera.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, previously Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    St Dog, thanks for your feedback. My S5 is at Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and will upgrade no further. I'm sure the E6 has the latest Android version? I agree on the screen resolution, even though the S5 was introduced 6 years ago I've always been impressed with the screen. My S5 screen is 5.1 inch and the E6 is 5.4 so I'll gain a tiny bit of real estate there. Thanks St Dog!

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure the E6 has the latest Android version?
    It's Android 9 and won't get 10 or 11.

Carrier(s)
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    My wifes phone on Boom red quit working. Get message that the number is not in the system, she has had the number for over 10 years and been on boom for a couple years now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donschjr View Post
    My wifes phone on Boom red quit working. Get message that the number is not in the system, she has had the number for over 10 years and been on boom for a couple years now.
    Where did that "message" come from?

What does boom! customer service say?

If the boom! plan should still be active, you can contact the FCC to force restoration of the #. But you need to pursue the matter with boom! customer service first.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, previously Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    Has anyone on Boom Red had to change their voice mail box due to Boom's Enhances System Migration? The email (and text) indicated the process would begin on Tuesday, October 27th and would take up to five days and listed the directions to change the mail box. So far no change for me on Boom Red. Mail box still, as of this morning, asks for password when I follow the directions Boom put out.
    Ok, let me bring this up again. That email we got in Oct warned us to re-do our voicemail. Anybody here heard anything new? My VM is still the Verizon stuff. It would be nice to hear from Boom what (if anything) we need to do.

Carrier(s)
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to Charles for looking into the number problem on a Saturday, turned out the refurbed Pixel 3A I bought for my wife esn failed verizon check. I don't understand as it was unlocked but it's on it's way back.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Ok, let me bring this up again. That email we got in Oct warned us to re-do our voicemail. Anybody here heard anything new? My VM is still the Verizon stuff. It would be nice to hear from Boom what (if anything) we need to do.
    Supposedly Boom (see my later post) was going to try and push out the system enhancement before the end of the 2020 year but obviously that didn't happen.

Someone from Boom will have to update us. I haven't gotten any sort of later notification, text or otherwise, of this system enhancement either. Nor have I had to update my voice mail box login.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donschjr View Post
    Thanks to Charles for looking into the number problem on a Saturday, turned out the refurbed Pixel 3A I bought for my wife esn failed verizon check. I don't understand as it was unlocked but it's on it's way back.
    Apparently from my own conversations with Boom folks, VZW charges them a penalty fee if they try to activate a phone that has ever been on VZW in any shape, form or fashion, unlocked or not, making it financially impossible for them to do that. I'm wagering that your phone, before it was refurbished, was on VZW.

I invested in a new carrier free iPhone to settle the immediate issue a few years ago, after struggling to find a used or refurb phone that would activate, and settled the issue permanently by switching to their AT&T service, which offers more bang for your buck if you're in a place where that network works for you. (And it does for me.)

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRW94 View Post
    ... VZW charges them a penalty fee if they try to activate a phone that has ever been on VZW in any shape, form or fashion, unlocked or not...
    Yep, there was a number of posts last year in Feb (my post about it back then, many others followed) about how heavy handed VZW was being with the penalty fee after a number of us Boom Red users got notified by Boom about the issue and Boom's recommendation that one could move to a non Red plan. In my case I was using a phone that was never on VZW post paid. Bought the phone a year after leaving VZW post paid/closing the VZW account, and the phone was only ever activated on Boom Red. VZW was still trying to assess the fee to Boom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    Yep, there was a number of posts last year in Feb (my post about it back then, many others followed) about how heavy handed VZW was being with the penalty fee after a number of us Boom Red users got notified by Boom about the issue and Boom's recommendation that one could move to a non Red plan. In my case I was using a phone that was never on VZW post paid. Bought the phone a year after leaving VZW post paid/closing the VZW account, and the phone was only ever activated on Boom Red. VZW was still trying to assess the fee to Boom.
    I've done business with them and used their network but have always regarded VZW as being about one step higher than Satan in the grand scheme of things. As noted I switched to Boom Blue and have not missed one beat, the price per GB is higher on Blue but it also includes roaming and WiFi calling.

Feedback Score
    I would advice to avoid using Boom.us at all cost. I had very bad customer service experience last September and this week. They are not professional. They told me my SIM was burned and locked because I remove the sim to use in another phone (which, I never heard of before). They said they would send me a sim replacement and never gave me tracking number or notified me it's shipped (I had to ask the status and only got a word it was shipped). After 7 days of waiting when I inquired the status, they did not response for more than 24 hours. And after I tried several times to raise the issue, they threw me a tracking number asked me I am the one who should contact USPS about the losing package. Anyone who has used USPS tracking before knows it's the sender that can only request package's status but they are just , like, it's customer's responsibility to trace the package themselves.

I read there were all praises about how good Boom mobile's customer service is. No, they are not trained professionally and do not care their customer. Please save yourself from failing into the nightmare.

Not to say they would tell you you're throttled for $499 Blue Boom service because you had connection issue even though you pointed out your usage is less than 8GB per month. I think they all think it's customer's faults and being unreasonable than really care what customer's issue.

Feedback Score
    Same thing with AT&T too. I recently tried to switch from AT&T prepaid to Boom Blue and Boom couldn't activate my port in. They told me to get Boom Red and move to Boom Blue after 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by PRW94 View Post
    Apparently from my own conversations with Boom folks, VZW charges them a penalty fee if they try to activate a phone that has ever been on VZW in any shape, form or fashion, unlocked or not, making it financially impossible for them to do that. I'm wagering that your phone, before it was refurbished, was on VZW.

I invested in a new carrier free iPhone to settle the immediate issue a few years ago, after struggling to find a used or refurb phone that would activate, and settled the issue permanently by switching to their AT&T service, which offers more bang for your buck if you're in a place where that network works for you. (And it does for me.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sam298 View Post
    Same thing with AT&T too. I recently tried to switch from AT&T prepaid to Boom Blue and Boom couldn't activate my port in. They told me to get Boom Red and move to Boom Blue after 3 months.
    Why were you moving from AT&T prepaid to Book Blue. Isn’t it nearly the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Jumping in here with why I'm with Boom Blue instead of ATT Prepaid. In my case, Boom Blue has a plan that fits my needs better than ATT Prepaid does (cost/provided data) and they advertise the postpaid network/priority vs ATT Prepaid. Due to lack of travel the last year, I haven't been able to check the coverage improvements in areas where ATT was historically iffy for me.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. No plans to upgrade plan to 5G.

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 LastLast