Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1750

Thread: boom! Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Jumping in here with why I'm with Boom Blue instead of ATT Prepaid. In my case, Boom Blue has a plan that fits my needs better than ATT Prepaid does (cost/provided data) and they advertise the postpaid network/priority vs ATT Prepaid. Due to lack of travel the last year, I haven't been able to check the coverage improvements in areas where ATT was historically iffy for me.
    Basically my story too. The postpaid network should eliminate some areas where prepaid does not have coverage.
    My port from RP AT&T was accomplished via what the boom rep called a side port. First they ported me into "purple" (T-Mobile) then into "blue". This was accomplished in a couple hours. I don't know if they can still do that. The rep was Olivia, she said she was the one that did the side ports. I did not have to purchase a plan for purple, they just did it.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    I was coming from T-Mobile postpaid, and went to Red. Too congested in my area so moved to Blue. Not Boom's fault.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Now using both eSIM and nano SIM. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatevs75 View Post
    Why were you moving from AT&T prepaid to Book Blue. Isn’t it nearly the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Less price. I was paying $30 for 5gb, boom yearly plan is less than $20. I’m not sure if there’ll be noticeable difference between prepaid and att postpaid. But boom red is worse than att prepaid. I noticed speeds were a lot less and Ping times were high (tested at few locations) due to Verizon deprioritization.

Feedback Score
    Anybody know how to change the PIN for the NEW VM system that comes withe the supposedly "enhanced" network?

I had a complete data outage over the weekend and got switched to the new system. Now I need to change my VM PIN and there doesn't appear to be any way (that I can find) to do it from within the VM system.

Also does anyone have any real instructions for setting up VM prompts and such? Some systems only want you to say your name and will add various messages around it. Others may want more like the whole greeting. Does anyone know what system this is and how to correctly set it up? Unfortunately, I don't have another phone to test with to figure it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sr. View Post
    Anybody know how to change the PIN for the NEW VM system that comes withe the supposedly "enhanced" network? I had a complete data outage over the weekend and got switched to the new system. Now I need to change my VM PIN and there doesn't appear to be any way (that I can find) to do it from within the VM system. Also does anyone have any real instructions for setting up VM prompts and such? Some systems only want you to say your name and will add various messages around it. Others may want more like the whole greeting. Does anyone know what system this is and how to correctly set it up? Unfortunately, I don't have another phone to test with to figure it out.
    should be *86 - https://support.boom.us/111735-Voicemail-Support--FAQs

Feedback Score
    NO SERVICE - MAJOR BOOM DISASTER!

This started with 2 complete data outages within the last 3 days. Voice still worked. Just called tech support Was put on hold. Call hung up. Now I have NO VOICE OR DATA! Tried to log into Boom account but it wouldn't accept my email/password. Yes, I have it written down! Tried PW reset Never sent me a reset email.

NOW I AM COMPLETELY HOSED! No service and NO WAY to contact Boom!

HELP!

Feedback Score
    and NO WAY to contact Boom!
    see: https://www.boom.us/contact-us
    they also have online chat from 8am - 5pm cst

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    see: https://www.boom.us/contact-us
    they also have online chat from 8am - 5pm cst
    Yea, right! It was after 5:00 when they screwed up my voice connection and I can't wait several days for them to answer a generic email when I have NO SERVICE!

Feedback Score
    NO SERVICE - MAJOR BOOM DISASTER!

This started with 2 complete data outages within the last 3 days. Voice still worked. Just called tech support Was put on hold. Call hung up. Now I have NO VOICE OR DATA! Tried to log into Boom account but it wouldn't accept my email/password. Yes, I have it written down! Tried PW reset Never sent me a reset email.

NOW I AM COMPLETELY HOSED! No service and NO WAY to contact Boom!

HELP!
    After sending multiple May Day! emails I finally got a response an hour and a half later and Boom did "something" to restore service. After recent experiences I don't know how long it will last.

Also found completely NON-FUNCTIONAL support page here:
    https://support.boom.us/submit_ticket

Page WILL NOT accept a VALID email and password claiming BAD username/password.

To screw you up even more it WILL NOT send a PW reset email. I tried twice with no result.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    The support FAQs appear to be incorrect.

VM setup appears to be BROKEN. The PIN gets changed to something that you won't know and will have to call Boom to fix. It also will NEVER go through the supposed tutorial to set up greeting or anything else. This needs to be FIXED! It shouldn't require a call (or 3) to CS to setup a VM account! Boom CS was pretty useless All they can do is reset your PIN but don't know how to setup Basic VM. This needs to be addressed.

Feedback Score
    Yea, right! It was after 5:00 when they screwed up my voice connection and I can't wait several days for them to answer a generic email when I have NO SERVICE!
    using a hostile tone towards people trying to help you is a really ****** thing to do. You said "NO WAY to contact boom!" which was wrong, and I offered you solutions. Maybe you would have had to wait until the next day to use the chat function, big deal. Not having 24/7 customer service is one of the tradeoffs of using a MVNO

Feedback Score
    Here's a porting question: Wife and I are on boom blue 5gb annual plans, and we're about 8 months in. Our primary numbers are on google voice, and google voice performance is starting to suffer (she texted me a few times today and my phone never chimed which is likely an app problem, but I am also experiencing things where my phone doesn't ring even though my GV number is forwarded to my boom number, etc.)

In any event, I am strongly considering porting our GV numbers to boom. I reached out to support (and let me just say, I so appreciate the attentiveness and quick response of boom support) and they told me that I need to buy new SIM cards in order to port my GV numbers to boom blue - that on boom blue, the SIMs are single-use - that once they've been activated with a number, they're locked to that number and can't have a new number assigned.

I don't doubt that this is how the agent is trained, but I am wondering if anyone here has tried to port a number into boom after activation and had any luck with it. My SIMs are AT&T branded cards, they don't indicate boom anywhere on them. I know AT&T's support forums state that you can port in a number on an already active SIM card, but that they might limit MVNOs' ability to do this.

Thanks to anyone who can speak from experience or technical knowledge.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Verizon LTE has been the only SIM that MVNOs can reuse for several years. Prior to VZW LTE they couldn't/wouldn't reuse any SIM.

Feedback Score
    When did Boom change the rules for the Boom Unlimited annual plan(the $499 one)? I just noticed that on Boom's website it says after 22gb you only get 2g data. I had thought that the speeds would only go lower after 22gb if needed because of congestion. Now it sounds like mandatory throttling to 2g. Also what is current QCI priority for this plan? After I paid for this plan in December 2020 data speeds were not satisfactory. Now the speeds are good if I use LTE but usually terrible with 5g.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlhanson View Post
    When did Boom change the rules for the Boom Unlimited annual plan(the $499 one)? I just noticed that on Boom's website it says after 22gb you only get 2g data. I had thought that the speeds would only go lower after 22gb if needed because of congestion. Now it sounds like mandatory throttling to 2g. Also what is current QCI priority for this plan? After I paid for this plan in December 2020 data speeds were not satisfactory. Now the speeds are good if I use LTE but usually terrible with 5g.
    The slow 5G speeds I've heard of on both ATT and T-Mobile due to sharing space with LTE. The fast speeds probably won't really be here until the new 5G spectrums are made available. I hadn't seen that word about 2G speeds for this plan before.

I'm currently on the annual 5GB plan (so no 5G, but that not available for me anyway). I've actually gone up to 6GB a couple months without seeing speeds drop. So maybe the speeds can drop, but not necessarily will.

Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast