Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1408

Thread: boom! Mobile

Feedback Score
    ^ that was actually somewhat of an oversight by me. B/c I first mentioned to him about the ebay listing by blue beat digital, and he was iffy about it, buying through a 3rd party vs directly from Boom, and then the amazon listing showed up... but I didn't see the fine print about "Ships from and sold by". Now I'm wondering if Boom itself would even have access to the order info, or everything must be handled through this other company.

From the paper he showed me that came with the sim, there is a bluebeat digital header at the top, with their address, phone number, email etc. However the activation info includes [email protected] and info about customer service M-F etc. Then at the bottom of the page there is an online activation code, a sim number and "email address: amazon order"

If I had to guess the email address wasn't assigned to the activation code.

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    ^ that was actually somewhat of an oversight by me. B/c I first mentioned to him about the ebay listing by blue beat digital, and he was iffy about it, buying through a 3rd party vs directly from Boom, and then the amazon listing showed up... but I didn't see the fine print about "Ships from and sold by". Now I'm wondering if Boom itself would even have access to the order info, or everything must be handled through this other company.

From the paper he showed me that came with the sim, there is a bluebeat digital header at the top, with their address, phone number, email etc. However the activation info includes [email protected] and info about customer service M-F etc. Then at the bottom of the page there is an online activation code, a sim number and "email address: amazon order"

If I had to guess the email address wasn't assigned to the activation code.
    We will take care of the customer. Just ask them to chat or call in. Just an FYI Amazon doesn’t pass through the email address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    there is a software update for your phone - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...axy-s7-update/ make sure that you are connected to a WIFI connection for the update to go through. or try using the software upgrade assistant tool - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ge-base-80200/
    Thanks for that link. My phone still says no update necessary so I downloaded the upgrade assistant tool. I finally got a chance to go through the process just now. Everything seemed to go smoothly with the assistant telling me it could take 30 to 90 minutes but it only took 10.
    Only when I go into my phone, nothing's changed. It still says android 7.0 and the android security patch level is still July 1, 2017. System Updates still says "no updates applied". System update history says the software ver is G930VVRU4BQG1.

On another note, there doesn't seem to be much price difference in buying a "factory unlocked" vs "network unlocked" S10e via Ebay so I'll just stick with the factory unlocked to stay on the safe side. They're running around $390 for unused/open box right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    We will take care of the customer. Just ask them to chat or call in. Just an FYI Amazon doesn’t pass through the email address.
    Just wanted to update this. He called in and got it activated about a week ago, no problems.
    I'm going to pm you the info/paperwork that was sent to him, b/c the activation instructions said to use the email on his amazon account... and if others are trying to activate, and it failing, then this could be a headache down the road

Feedback Score
    TXT NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL?

Don't use TXT much but I got one that I wanted to forward to my email so that I could actually see the included photo. After WASTING most of last evening trying to figure out how to do this and visiting DOZENS of web sites that purported to show how to do this I finally came across some info (from Verizon) that this functionality is apparently now PHONE and CARRIER SPECIFIC!

According to what I dug up I should be able to share a TXT with another user (phone number) or forward the TXT to an email address (like mine) yet this functionality appears to be absent on my Boom account. So how do you/I fix this so that it works like it is supposed to?

My phone is a Samsung GS8 running Oreo 8.0. I am using Google Messages for the message app.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11. Past: iPhone 8, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Moto E, iPhone 5c,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | US Mobile |Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score

boom! Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sr. View Post

Don't use TXT much but I got one that I wanted to forward to my email so that I could actually see the included photo. After WASTING most of last evening trying to figure out how to do this and visiting DOZENS of web sites that purported to show how to do this I finally came across some info (from Verizon) that this functionality is apparently now PHONE and CARRIER SPECIFIC!

According to what I dug up I should be able to share a TXT with another user (phone number) or forward the TXT to an email address (like mine) yet this functionality appears to be absent on my Boom account. So how do you/I fix this so that it works like it is supposed to?

My phone is a Samsung GS8 running Oreo 8.0. I am using Google Messages for the message app.
    Did you check your spam folder in your email account? I have received emails texted to me from many Verizon customers over the years. It basically comes through as an MMS message. Not sure why this would be limited on an MVNO

Edit: i use a different Verizon MVNO. I just tried emailing myself from the messages app. It came through, no issues. It came through with an attachment embedded to open the actual text in the message

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich View Post
    Did you check your spam folder in your email account? I have received emails texted to me from many Verizon customers over the years. It basically comes through as an MMS message. Not sure why this would be limited on an MVNO

Edit: i use a different Verizon MVNO. I just tried emailing myself from the messages app. It came through, no issues. It came through with an attachment embedded to open the actual text in the message
    This is NOT the issue. The issue is that the options to Share/Forward DO NOT even show in the Messages app! It is like the carrier (i.e. Boom!) doesn't support it or has it turned off for my account.

Funny that Boom! hasn't responded to this issue...

Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is NOT the issue. The issue is that the options to Share/Forward DO NOT even show in the Messages app! It is like the carrier (i.e. Boom!) doesn't support it or has it turned off for my account.

Funny that Boom! hasn't responded to this issue...
    It’s neither funny or sad but it is Easter weekend with a limited support staff. Will you please PM me with you number in question and I will have someone reach out to you on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score

As a data point. Using a Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.0.1 using Messages app version 5.9.095 on Boom Red (Verizon) I do get the Share and Forward option when selecting (press and hold) a text message and select the options (three dots) icon in the upper right corner. No problems using the Share option to send (using Gmail) a text with pictures to an email address.

Name:  Screenshot_20200411-094439.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  26.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Steve Sr., I can't be sure, but I don't think this text forwarding issue is a boom! Vzw issue.

If I had to guess, I'd guess it's an issue with the phone or app, or perhaps a usage error.

Either way, I hope it gets solved!

Feedback Score
    This is NOT the issue. The issue is that the options to Share/Forward DO NOT even show in the Messages app! It is like the carrier (i.e. Boom!) doesn't support it or has it turned off for my account. Funny that Boom! hasn't responded to this issue...
    did you already try the troubleshooting steps ?? - https://support.boom.us/767568-SMSMMS-Troubleshooting

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

AFAIK, carriers can not modify the behavior of a third party app like Google Messages.
    Here's how to forward a message to an email account in Google Messages:
    1. Tap the message or thread in the message list.
    2. Long press the individual message you want to share. The message background will turn blue to indicate that it's selected.
    3. Tap the 3 dot menu in the top right and choose share.
    4. Choose the email app you use (Gmail, Email, etc.) you may need to scroll the share list to find it.
    5. In the email app choose the recipient you want to share the message with and hit the send button.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    As a data point. Using a Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.0.1 using Messages app version 5.9.095 on Boom Red (Verizon) I do get the Share and Forward option when selecting (press and hold) a text message and select the options (three dots) icon in the upper right corner. No problems using the Share option to send (using Gmail) a text with pictures to an email address.
    Interesting... I have Google Messages 5.7.097 and here is what I see on my screen...

Left photo is the "three dot" menu. Right photo is what happens when holding on txt message. Note that there is NO Share or Forward in either menu.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    AFAIK, carriers can not modify the behavior of a third party app like Google Messages
    Well, my research seems to indicate that messaging functionality is tied to the specific messaging protocols that a given carrier does/doesn't support.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Here's how to forward a message to an email account in Google Messages:
    1. Tap the message or thread in the message list.
    2. Long press the individual message you want to share. The message background will turn blue to indicate that it's selected.
    3. Tap the 3 dot menu in the top right and choose share.
    4. Choose the email app you use (Gmail, Email, etc.) you may need to scroll the share list to find it.
    5. In the email app choose the recipient you want to share the message with and hit the send button.
    Sorry, this doesn't work... See my screenshot post above.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Well, my research seems to indicate that messaging functionality is tied to the specific messaging protocols that a given carrier does/doesn't support.

Sorry, this doesn't work... See my screenshot post above.
    In your screenshot, I don’t see a selected message. You need to press and hold the message you want to send until the message background turns blue. Then tap the 3 dot menu and you should see the Share option:

Name:  Screenshot_20200411-191713.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by Yeswap; 04-11-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast