Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1060

Thread: boom! Mobile

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score

Is it the phone or is it boom?

My wife has been using boom! for over two years and very pleased with the service. She's on the boom! red UT&T 1GB plan using a Motorola Moto E4. The Verizon coverage is very good in our area and she always has a strong signal.

Lately she's been missing calls and callers tell her that they hear several rings and then her voicemail recording. She says she hears only one ring and the call drops. I asked her how long this has been happening and she says "for some time". Not, apparently, since she began using boom! a couple years ago.

Of course when I made a test call to her I heard one ring and she answered. So is this a boom! issue or a problem with the phone itself? FWIW I also have an identical Moto E4 on Red Pocket GSMA and no callers have ever told me that they hear several rings and then voicemail nor have I experienced the same thing where I get one ring and the calls drops. I use wifi or cell data exclusively for my voice calls, so maybe that's the difference.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    My wife has been using boom! for over two years and very pleased with the service. She's on the boom! red UT&T 1GB plan using a Motorola Moto E4. The Verizon coverage is very good in our area and she always has a strong signal.

Lately she's been missing calls and callers tell her that they hear several rings and then her voicemail recording. She says she hears only one ring and the call drops. I asked her how long this has been happening and she says "for some time". Not, apparently, since she began using boom! a couple years ago.

Of course when I made a test call to her I heard one ring and she answered. So is this a boom! issue or a problem with the phone itself? FWIW I also have an identical Moto E4 on Red Pocket GSMA and no callers have ever told me that they hear several rings and then voicemail nor have I experienced the same thing where I get one ring and the calls drops. I use wifi or cell data exclusively for my voice calls, so maybe that's the difference.
    Can you temporarily switch phones? Put the boom! SIM in your phone and the RP AT&T SIM in your phone and test for a day or two?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Can you temporarily switch phones? Put the boom! SIM in your phone and the RP AT&T SIM in your wife's phone and test for a day or two?
    EDITED...See Above

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score
    Good idea. I would have to download and install GV onto her phone. Since she has a separate Google account that her phone is connected to, how would that work? Another option is the spare iPhone SE that my son has. Maybe she could use the iPhone for a while to see if it corrects the problem. Then I would know it's the phone and not boom! Thanks for the suggestion.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 Google accounts on my phone and can set GV to only ring/notify for one.

Also enable sync options to only one account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom!, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have a question I'm wondering about.

I have changed phones a couple times on my plan and my wife's plan. Each time I have chatted with Boom to update the registered phone imei or meid. I usually buy a new phone for my wife then I take her old phone. Just curious if Booms system can automatically update the imei or meid without me contacting (like others have stated that PagePlus does) or if it's required that I call or chat to get the information updated each time a phone swap like the above is done?

Even if it does not automatically update, the sim swap works and service continues, but is there a benefit to registering the new phone info? Or is there a drawback to not registering the new phone info? Thank you for any answers/suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff1234 View Post
    I have a question I'm wondering about.

I have changed phones a couple times on my plan and my wife's plan. Each time I have chatted with Boom to update the registered phone imei or meid. I usually buy a new phone for my wife then I take her old phone. Just curious if Booms system can automatically update the imei or meid without me contacting (like others have stated that PagePlus does) or if it's required that I call or chat to get the information updated each time a phone swap like the above is done?

Even if it does not automatically update, the sim swap works and service continues, but is there a benefit to registering the new phone info? Or is there a drawback to not registering the new phone info? Thank you for any answers/suggestions.
    I changed phones end of last year. I just swapped the SIMs and everything worked fine. But I did contact Boom afterward to let them know and give them the new IMEI and they seemed appreciative, they didn't share any benefits/drawbacks.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone successfully activated an IPhone XR with LTE data working on Boom mobile?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman1 View Post
    Has anyone successfully activated an IPhone XR with LTE data working on Boom mobile?
    Yes, unlocked model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman1 View Post
    Yes, I did last November. No problem.

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71