Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 'Upgraded' to unlimited?

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guink View Post
    That's interesting. I've been with them for something like 16 years, and so far, nada. Maybe since I recently switched firm the old version of Simple Choice to Simple Choice NA, I went get it
    I have family on Simple Choice NA that got upgraded.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    We have the NA 10 gig plan, all 5 Lines got the text this morning, but as of right now, still showing 10 gig plan.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    1. Binge On can be disabled on unlimited, but it will affect shared (tethering) data.
    2. I have $20 national unlimited and I found out shared data is increased from 5 to 14.
    3. Free data increased from 1 to 2.
    All is in gigabyte.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Well, as it turns out, I got my answer via a helpful T-Mobile chat rep. She finally found the criteria of people it's being offered to, and it is people on the 2.5, 4.5, 10 and 20(?) GB plans with 4 lines on their accounts. I'm on the 6GB plan, which is the only SC plan NOT eligible .

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My colleague got this text too. He couldn't believe it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that screen shot of the details. I got this text yesterday and sort of figured that we somehow got moved to the new plan. We currently have the SC 10GB plan with four lines.

It works for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guink View Post
    Well, as it turns out, I got my answer via a helpful T-Mobile chat rep. She finally found the criteria of people it's being offered to, and it is people on the 2.5, 4.5, 10 and 20(?) GB plans with 4 lines on their accounts. I'm on the 6GB plan, which is the only SC plan NOT eligible .
    Has anyone having less than four lines gotten this text?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post

Just another way that T-Mobile is treating existing customers well despite what the naysayers claim.
    No doubt they are treating you well. This is what T-Mobile does, they treat t-zone customers better than those who fork out a few hundred a month. They had a real disdain for the early uncarrier unlimited customers. It's like the more you pay, the more they don't give a ****.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE92 View Post
    No doubt they are treating you well. This is what T-Mobile does, they treat t-zone customers better than those who fork out a few hundred a month. They had a real disdain for the early uncarrier unlimited customers. It's like the more you pay, the more they don't give a ****.
    As has been reported, the people that are getting a text with news of an upgrade are those with Simple Choice plans. T-zones users aren't getting upgraded so it's not a relevant point.

If, however, you feel they have "real disdain" for your business, maybe it's better if you port your lines to another carrier which will give you more respect.

Feedback Score

10 GB Tethering included

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE92 View Post
    No downside to this one that I see.

I received some clarification . On 10GB plans, the entire 10GB and data stash is available for tethering. Smartphone use is unlimited. This is basically the same as the SC unlimited plan with 10GB instead of 14GB. #932# no longer lists a data cap.

Thanks Tmo!

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    So has it changed on everyone's account already? Ours is still showing 10 gigs

Sent from my P01M using HoFo mobile app
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quick question - did others here do DATAROLL?

I got the message, and I did DATAROLL.

My concern is that this may be sunsetting the grandfathered DATAROLL customers over to Binge On's new rules. It says "Your Data Stash will go away" and then I'll be back on my old plan on March 1.

That sounds to me like I'll lose my 88GB of Data Stash, and that come March 1 I'll be capped at 20GB. Raw deal if so, in my opinion, since now I can't use my 88GB of Data Stash unthrottled - when I need it, and will be throttled at 23GB on my new "forced" unlimited plan.

Also what about people who tether with their data stash? If the unlimited doesn't apply to hotspot, what happens when I hit 10GB? Do I get to tap my Data Stash - or is that torched? Sounds like yes, it is.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    It says "Your Data Stash will go away" and then I'll be back on my old plan on March 1.

That sounds to me like I'll lose my 88GB of Data Stash, and that come March 1 I'll be capped at 20GB. Raw deal if so, in my opinion, since now I can't use my 88GB of Data Stash unthrottled - when I need it, and will be throttled at 23GB on my new "forced" unlimited plan.

You get to keep the plan through Feb. 28, 2019. So the data stash would've expired by then anyway as it only lasts for 12 months.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You get to keep the plan through Feb. 28, 2019. So the data stash would've expired by then anyway as it only lasts for 12 months.
    Perhaps, but I at least would have had 88GB of unthrottled data, particularly on hotspot. Now, at it sounds, I have a slower hotspot with 10GB of data per month - and no ability to use my stash when needed today. Without even 30 days notice, in the middle of a bill cycle.

Not right, or even legal per the terms as I read them. Imagine if I've used 10GB this cycle. Now I'm throttled on hotspot with no stash to tap. In the middle of a bill cycle. Even if legal (and I'm not conceding it), that's not ethical.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Perhaps, but I at least would have had 88GB of unthrottled data, particularly on hotspot. Now, at it sounds, I have a slower hotspot with 10GB of data per month - and no ability to use my stash when needed today. Without even 30 days notice, in the middle of a bill cycle.

Not right, or even legal per the terms as I read them. Imagine if I've used 10GB this cycle. Now I'm throttled on hotspot with no stash to tap. In the middle of a bill cycle. Even if legal (and I'm not conceding it), that's not ethical.
    Tmobile says that the new counting period does not start till the 23 Sept. So, until then, you can still tether all you want. But don't you still have the 25gig cap?

That might help a little.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast