Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    $95 for unlimited everything is not too bad IMHO especially with taxes and fees included. If you don't need unlimited LTE hotspot then it's only $70. Comparing this option to what the Big 4 currently offer makes it look even more attractive.

Family plans come out to 40 per line for a family of 4. If any particular line uses less than 2GB's of data per month a $10 credit is applied per line. Again the option is there for any family member who needs unlimited LTE hotspot. This is a feature that AT&T UDP users would love to have as an option.

Removing the taxes and fees would cover an Equipment Installment Plan for a new phone if you think about it particularly for those of us who live in areas with high taxes.

The best thing out of all of this is how the other carriers will respond. 2017 is just getting started folks!
    I fully agree, the hotspot feature is something I truly want with Att. I currently pay $180 for four lines unlimited with att, I'm typically the lowest data user on my plan with an average of 22-25Gb a month so no kickback for us. I have a T-mobile line on my iPad and applaud them for moving the industry forward.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G and now the Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    I hope T-mob wins the low band auction. So the service keeps growing. Now one thing we need is to protect workers. Look at how well those right to states treat their employees.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Tmobile not the same. Uncarrier hype is going down
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    I fully agree, the hotspot feature is something I truly want with Att. I currently pay $180 for four lines unlimited with att, I'm typically the lowest data user on my plan with an average of 22-25Gb a month so no kickback for us. I have a T-mobile line on my iPad and applaud them for moving the industry forward.
    I look at it as the end of the ancient cell phone rate plan and the beginning of being billed by (un-guaranteed) speed tiers which we've discussed on HoFo quite a bit over the years. (See my signature below). This is once again wireless history in the making rolling out right before our eyes.

As a fully complete nationwide VoLTE provider T-Mobile is really selling us a very intelligent data-only service with a complimentary legacy HSPA backup. Thankfully for now there is only 2 tiers and I fully expect that I'll be able to take advantage of speeds up to the theoretical 1GB level (once available) without having to pay more (crosses fingers).

In this case it's the ability to tether at LTE speeds (with a whole bunch of free goodies included) vs. the ability to tether at 3G speeds.

The cool thing though is that even though you tether at "3G speeds," for the base plan you're still surfing over LTE with LTE-like latency included (at least in my market). I tried using it on my niece's line and it worked fine.
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 01-07-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Let me clarify. You claimed T-Mobile's coverage does not meet the needs of MOST Americans. I'm not some official US Census guy or pollster so I can't authoritatively qualify your opinion or mine. But if a mobile users' needs does not apply to where they live then MOST Americans are either homeless or spend all their time in isolated rural areas away from civilization.

70 million plus customers isn't exactly a few customers we're talking about. The majority of these 70 million use their mobile devices in areas where MOST Americans live and work.

I would say your comment would apply only to Americans who live in areas where T-Mobile has traditionally not served so well but from the looks of it that's going to be a perception of the past by the end of this year.
    T-Mobile has poor coverage in all but a third of the states. Coverage matters to people and it is one of the main reasons that the vast majority of people reject T-Mobile and Sprint and go with two Teo networks with good coverage... even though they cost a lot more. It's not that most Americans are homeless or leave civilization, it's just that the two bad networks simply have poor coverage.

And about those states with poor coverage. If you look at the numbers of people that live there and those that visit there for tourism or work, starting with Montana as an example that's 12 million a year. Multiply that over the majority of states that are poorly served by T-Mobile, and you have a huge number of people whose needs are not met by the network.

I'm well aware that T-Mobile meets the needs of 71 million people. But that's a pretty small minority compared to the needs of those who require one of the two truly nationwide networks.

Feedback Score
    These new plans to make Sprint look way more attractive to me. $60 to get you unlimited data and 6 Gigabytes of hotspot included.

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Maybe I am fairly uninformed but I plan to do significant traveling with one goal to test how good Sprint network really is. As I've had it since last April no problems and Andrew went but have definitely not with all over there United States not by a long shot so it could be actually bad I want to see for myself but I've had zero problems with it. They all seem to be about the same to me and I mean that's probably H-Town. In North Carolina seems to be the same. I have noticed when outside of cities is a little and maybe some fun drumming but not a big deal. Never say no service always been on the make a phone call. Been able to make a phone call about 90% of the time or 95 when I had T-Mobile. T-Mobile seems to be better than I used to be but I have noticed and heard from others that once you get out into the country no service to be had.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    Which provider do you use? Curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    We have been with AT&T for about 4 years now. We switched to them from Sprint, and the difference was night and day. I had often thought about giving Tmobile a try, but like I said, after this weekend watching family members struggle, it reminded me that you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidturtle View Post
    We have been with AT&T for about 4 years now. We switched to them from Sprint, and the difference was night and day. I had often thought about giving Tmobile a try, but like I said, after this weekend watching family members struggle, it reminded me that you get what you pay for.
    I know the struggle, I was with Sprint for 20 years lol. I took control over our wireless last year when AT&T announced unlimited data for DirecTV customers. The choice was simple and the difference is night and day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    T-Mobile has poor coverage in all but a third of the states. Coverage matters to people and it is one of the main reasons that the vast majority of people reject T-Mobile and Sprint and go with two Teo networks with good coverage... even though they cost a lot more. It's not that most Americans are homeless or leave civilization, it's just that the two bad networks simply have poor coverage.

And about those states with poor coverage. If you look at the numbers of people that live there and those that visit there for tourism or work, starting with Montana as an example that's 12 million a year. Multiply that over the majority of states that are poorly served by T-Mobile, and you have a huge number of people whose needs are not met by the network.

I'm well aware that T-Mobile meets the needs of 71 million people. But that's a pretty small minority compared to the needs of those who require one of the two truly nationwide networks.
    You post this claim of poor T-Mobile coverage in every thread in every carrier forum when T-Mobile is mentioned. Please help us all out and name the 2/3 of the states where the coverage is poor, and your source for this conclusion.

It's almost like you have a grudge against T-Mobile, or a reason to discredit their service. You don't, do you?

Feedback Score
    Can someone close this thread? I don't wish to read about t mobile pos service in the att forums. Take it to its proper home please, thanks.

Feedback Score
    That would be awesome!

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    These new plans to make Sprint look way more attractive to me. $60 to get you unlimited data and 6 Gigabytes of hotspot included.

Unfortunately, Sprint phones drop to EV-DO too frequently in my area (Seattle metro) to be terribly useful. T-mobile and AT&T have the area blanketed with LTE.
    Last edited by mch; 01-07-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Where Americans "live" only matters for landline replacements. Gently said: don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing about where Americans "live". Because that isn't relevant for mobile cell networks. Unless you live in a motor home.
    My life must be exceptionally boring compared to most people who live in the US who apparently are frequently on long road trips through the wilderness. I guess I must be out of touch with American culture.

50-51 weeks out of the year, I am at work, home, or somewhere in the general vicinity of work/home in the Seattle area. Every major carrier except Sprint handles this reasonably well. T-mobile has overall better data performance than AT&T where I am most of the time. Verizon has trouble in my house, but wifi calling makes that a non-issue.

The week or two I am not, is likely somewhere in Western WA or perhaps B.C./NW OR where T-mobile and AT&T provide more or less comparable experiences, at least since the recent network T-mobile expansion. Verizon still has a rural coverage edge in this general area though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4