Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataHound View Post
    It's still not a violation because it's the way this plan is sold. It's clearly written and specified. It's your choice to sign up for it or not. The plan is the same for all who choose to sign up for it in big bold text. That's my only point. Same bs as sprints new fake unlimited plan. Still not a violation.
    This clearly contradicts the legal verbiage stated in the Neutrality bill. You're paying for "fast lane over slow lane", and is a blatant paid prioritization, which is banned. This has nothing to do with ISP's that offer different speeds.
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    $70 for unlimited
    $50 for second line unlimited
    $20 for every additional line unlimited

http://www.tmonews.com/2016/08/un-ca...nlimited-plan/

Vzw and attws, should watch out T-Mobile is only a year and half to two years of matching there coverage. My opinion.
    They still have a long way to go. In the mean time, this "bomb" is only heard by the small minority of a cell customers whose needs are met by TMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone_guru View Post
    In every state and the District, you cannot agree to something that is a violation of a law. In other words, it doesn't matter how many signs or disclaimers T-Mobile tries to use, if the FCC declares it a violation of net neutrality, T-Mobile has no defense.

Personally I don't think consumers will be fooled. This plan is not a good value no matter how much John L. spins it.
    You might be right. They've fooled only about 20% of cell customers. But truth be told , the small proportion of TMO customers is much more due to its still poor coverage not meeting the needs of most Americans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherg View Post
    Looks like T-Mobile decided to pass the costs of all the free frosties and t-shirts on to the data hogs. Lol

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Sorry, someone who is a savvy consumer and uses the product they have paid for is not a "hog".

Feedback Score
    if you want unliited best option is boost. I liked tmobile more when they had the old plans. I guess however 70 is a faire price if you get unlimited hotspot. But what use is 2g

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    For the poster above that said they were looking at other services that are cheaper than $50 a month. If T-Mobile works for you look at the service called mint Sim. It's $35 a month for 2 gigabytes of data but right now you buy one month get two free and also save when you bundle example you can pay for a whole year and only pay $22 a month. Call cell Grant is doing their 50% off deal sale that's what I went for it. How to do not use a lot of data so I would never pay $70 or even $60 a month for one phone. Not even 50 too much. I like to keep it around 40.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

Correct, however you can buy high speed tethering for $15 for 5GB. So if you tether, this makes the new plans extremely expensive (and probably the point).

Current T-Mobile unlimited single user plan: $95 unlimited high speed data + 14GB tethering + no restrictions on streaming at HD or above.
    New T-Mobile plan: $70 unlimited high speed data + $45 for 15GB tethering + $25 to stream HD video

So it is now $140 for the same plan that is currently $95. That's a huge price increase.
    Hold on... I haven't had time to really decide if this is a good deal or not... but the $25 dollar add-on to a One plan gives HD video AND unlimited hotspot... and some international calling something or other... it's only $15 extra if all you want is the HD video.

This deal appears to be live on their webpage right now and that same Plus option is still available. So if I'm missing something here, do share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Correct, however you can buy high speed tethering for $15 for 5GB. So if you tether, this makes the new plans extremely expensive (and probably the point).

Current T-Mobile unlimited single user plan: $95 unlimited high speed data + 14GB tethering + no restrictions on streaming at HD or above.
    New T-Mobile plan: $70 unlimited high speed data + $45 for 15GB tethering + $25 to stream HD video

So it is now $140 for the same plan that is currently $95. That's a huge price increase.
    And I'm an idiot. Somebody bumped an old thread and I didn't bother reading the stupid dates... my bust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just spent the weekend with family. Some of them just switched over to T-mobile. It was pretty funny watching them with their new phones walking around outside trying to grab a signal to make a call and send a text. Everywhere we went they had issues. After seeing their issues, no way I would go with them..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidturtle View Post
    Just spent the weekend with family. Some of them just switched over to T-mobile. It was pretty funny watching them with their new phones walking around outside trying to grab a signal to make a call and send a text. Everywhere we went they had issues. After seeing their issues, no way I would go with them..
    Which provider do you use? Curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    You might be right. They've fooled only about 20% of cell customers. But truth be told , the small proportion of TMO customers is much more due to its still poor coverage not meeting the needs of most Americans.
    If I'm reading your statement correctly you are claiming that most Americans live in areas where T-Mobile provides awful service. In other words: Most Americans live in the boonies??

I'm not sure I follow?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    if you want unliited best option is boost. I liked tmobile more when they had the old plans. I guess however 70 is a faire price if you get unlimited hotspot. But what use is 2g

HotSpot is 3G speeds not 2G by default. Unlimited LTE HotSpot for $25 more per line.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    Get that fake unlimited **** outta here. Add all the extras to it and it's a higher priced plan than Tmo had before.
    $95 for unlimited everything is not too bad IMHO especially with taxes and fees included. If you don't need unlimited LTE hotspot then it's only $70. Comparing this option to what the Big 4 currently offer makes it look even more attractive.

Family plans come out to 40 per line for a family of 4. If any particular line uses less than 2GB's of data per month a $10 credit is applied per line. Again the option is there for any family member who needs unlimited LTE hotspot. This is a feature that AT&T UDP users would love to have as an option.

Removing the taxes and fees would cover an Equipment Installment Plan for a new phone if you think about it particularly for those of us who live in areas with high taxes.

The best thing out of all of this is how the other carriers will respond. 2017 is just getting started folks!
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 01-06-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    If I'm reading your statement correctly you are claiming that most Americans live in areas where T-Mobile provides awful service. In other words: Most Americans live in the boonies??

I'm not sure I follow?
    Where Americans "live" only matters for landline replacements. Gently said: don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing about where Americans "live". Because that isn't relevant for mobile cell networks. Unless you live in a motor home.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Where Americans "live" only matters for landline replacements. Gently said: don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing about where Americans "live". Because that isn't relevant for mobile cell networks. Unless you live in a motor home.

Let me clarify. You claimed T-Mobile's coverage does not meet the needs of MOST Americans. I'm not some official US Census guy or pollster so I can't authoritatively qualify your opinion or mine. But if a mobile users' needs does not apply to where they live then MOST Americans are either homeless or spend all their time in isolated rural areas away from civilization.

70 million plus customers isn't exactly a few customers we're talking about. The majority of these 70 million use their mobile devices in areas where MOST Americans live and work.

I would say your comment would apply only to Americans who live in areas where T-Mobile has traditionally not served so well but from the looks of it that's going to be a perception of the past by the end of this year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast