Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

Thread: T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,341
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Not dropped a bomb, layed an egg is more like it. Verizon execs will be sleeping well tonight.
    Lmao!!! Funny but so true. I don't think John Legere is the Saint many people in the T-Mobile forum make him out to be.
    Last edited by DRC72; 08-18-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Hartford, CT Area

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,882
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here's the prob I see and it's not a knock or promoting towards any of the carriers, including tmobile. With the new plans I can start at $50 with att and $55 ($60 for no data overage) on Verizon if I remember correctly. For me both of those are plenty of data most of the time so the $50 tmobile plan doesn't really offer much incentive to switch (in my case) now that data overages are gone.

    For the new tmobile plan the $70 price point isn't a benefit for me with my data use so basically there's not much incentive to switch. If tmobile included hd and priced it a little lower it might have enticed me enough. No reason to pay more money for something I wouldn't use. For a lower price then it would be worth it for me
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    461
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DataHound View Post
    No it isn't. It's the same old binge on crap with diff marketing. It's binge on that's always on and sold that way. It's clearly stated what you're paying for. This has nothing to do with net neutrality till the FCC says so. Which so far they haven't said anything beyond closely watching the binge on music freedom offerings. It is no different. Don't be plagued by fancy advertising.
    Yes it is a violation. BingeOn alone was not a NN issue because it was optional.

    With this new plan, not so. It is there and they are charging you to get better quality. They are prioritizing content. So it is not the same.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    338
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Looks like T-Mobile decided to pass the costs of all the free frosties and t-shirts on to the data hogs. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,882
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah this is more like dropping the ball
    Last edited by wilbur101; 08-18-2016 at 07:43 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    579
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128GB, iPad Pro 12.9"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 20GB RNA, w/ $20 unlimited connected Car / ZTE Mobley
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
    Yes it is a violation. BingeOn alone was not a NN issue because it was optional.

    With this new plan, not so. It is there and they are charging you to get better quality. They are prioritizing content. So it is not the same.
    I bet on the bill it's on there as a discount. Specifically to avoid NN issues.

    So it's not forcing you to take SD videos, here's your plan:
    if you accept this plan, you are asking for this discount. If you don't want this plan, then it's more money and the videos are de-binged.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    461
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryLaPointe View Post
    I bet on the bill it's on there as a discount. Specifically to avoid NN issues.

    So it's not forcing you to take SD videos, here's your plan:
    if you accept this plan, you are asking for this discount. If you don't want this plan, then it's more money and the videos are de-binged.
    I wouldn't doubt it. But the charges add up as its per line and not per account.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,170
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is a terrible offer. Incredibly expensive. A gimped version of what used to cost this price a decade ago, with things removed and line-itemed back to you at an increased cost. The real price, ungimped, is $110 for the first line, $90 for the second, and $60 for 3-6. That's insane.


    Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,157
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    This is a terrible offer. Incredibly expensive. A gimped version of what used to cost this price a decade ago, with things removed and line-itemed back to you at an increased cost. The real price, ungimped, is $110 for the first line, $90 for the second, and $60 for 3-6. That's insane.


    Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
    I'm voting with my wallet. If they won't let me keep my current unlimited plan, I'll pay less for limited data with Verizon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,170
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I'm voting with my wallet. If they won't let me keep my current unlimited plan, I'll pay less for limited data with Verizon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't imagine they'd force existing customers to move. There's gotta be a sizable number that dove on that 2 lines for 120 dollar offer...


    Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,062
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DataHound View Post
    No it isn't. It's the same old binge on crap with diff marketing. It's binge on that's always on and sold that way. It's clearly stated what you're paying for. This has nothing to do with net neutrality till the FCC says so. Which so far they haven't said anything beyond closely watching the binge on music freedom offerings. It is no different. Don't be plagued by fancy advertising.
    The big difference with the new plan is that with the old one with Binge On, you could turn it off. With the new plan, you have to pay $25 to turn it off. And they are directly preventing you from consuming a specific type of content (HD/4K video). It would be different if they throttled ALL content like Cricket or the MVNOs do. But to specifically prevent HD video content is a clear violation of net neutrality.

    The bigger issue is one that another tech site brought up (TechnoBuffalo): it sets a new standard for the other carriers to follow. Soon AT&T and Verizon will follow suit.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    907
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    T-mobiles network is oversold, they will try any effort to force customers to reduce the price. I also have T-mobile 150 for 4 lines unlimited. It is promo plan. J.L. guaranteed it only for 2 years. I have 14 Gb LTE tethering.
    New plan is 160 for 4 lines with BingeOn always on, 25 per line to turn it off plus they have only 128kB tethering or 15 dollars to have LTE speed. To match my promo 150 dollars plan I have to pay 160+100+60= 320 dollars :-)

    As I said T-mobile is over-congested and they have no fast solutions. They have no spectrum left in their pockets or may be a little bit of it in some markets.
    J.L. said that Att network is old and he lies here. In my area all Att sites are well maintained with fiberoptic and power generators. They just added LTE 30 , brand new antennas. T-mobile has its sites on the roofs, water pumps....

    The more I follow T-mobile the more I understand that it is a pure populism.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,062
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DataHound View Post
    It's still not a violation because it's the way this plan is sold. It's clearly written and specified. It's your choice to sign up for it or not. The plan is the same for all who choose to sign up for it in big bold text. That's my only point. Same bs as sprints new fake unlimited plan. Still not a violation.
    In every state and the District, you cannot agree to something that is a violation of a law. In other words, it doesn't matter how many signs or disclaimers T-Mobile tries to use, if the FCC declares it a violation of net neutrality, T-Mobile has no defense.

    Personally I don't think consumers will be fooled. This plan is not a good value no matter how much John L. spins it.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,423
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, LG V40 ThinQ, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone_guru View Post
    The big difference with the new plan is that with the old one with Binge On, you could turn it off. With the new plan, you have to pay $25 to turn it off. And they are directly preventing you from consuming a specific type of content (HD/4K video).
    Only John could put that in, and still come out smelling like roses.


    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    907
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherg View Post
    Looks like T-Mobile decided to pass the costs of all the free frosties and t-shirts on to the data hogs. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    I was the lucky one, I got free pizza twice from them before they stopped, had to run in gym extra after, but who cares :-)

    Seriously I hate when people lie to me.
    1. ipad UDP is not the first plan
    2. Att/Vzw networks are not old
    3. If you love your employees so much, please do not resist a labor union

    I'm in sport all my life and the first thing I respect my opponents. I don't call them "weak" and "weaker"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 10:37 PM
  2. The Trace just dropped in price on My T-Mobile
    By HelloRobo in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 10:30 AM
  3. I just dropped my phone!!!
    By Hokeido in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-10-2002, 03:27 PM
  4. Just dropped Sprint
    By elkyranz in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2002, 02:15 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2002, 12:34 AM

Bookmarks