Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74

Thread: $10 Match Phone Data being migrated to $20 5GB NA MI plan

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    This plan will qualify for the $10 Mobile Internet discount, so the net cost will remain at $10 per month.
    Has this fact been confirmed. Retentions months ago said I can keep this match data at my current $10 cost as long as I want so this notice looked like a price increase to me. But if discount is permanent then it's not an increase, provided the $20 is before the $10 discount is applied. Did you or anyone call in to confirm discount and net price after discount?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    On the Data Match plan, you can use tablets, mobile hotspots, and unrecognized cell phones that are not in T-Mobile's database to access the web and send/receive text messages. I have tried all these devices with my Data Match SIM and all work perfectly with this plan.
    Can one of these SIMs be put in a iPhone that was bought from Apple Store as unlocked/SIM free?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does the replacement plan still allow the 5GB to be used for full speed LTE mobile hotspot while SIM is in tablet?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikifox View Post
    New plan doesn't mention unlimited international texting though, just web access. Oversight?
    Yeah, I believe it's a plan oversight. I'm sure the plan will include unlimited national and international texting.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmotk View Post
    Does the replacement plan still allow the 5GB to be used for full speed LTE mobile hotspot while SIM is in tablet?
    Yes, all 5GB can be used for tethering. No issues there.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmotk View Post
    Can one of these SIMs be put in a iPhone that was bought from Apple Store as unlocked/SIM free?
    As long as T-Mobile does not recognize the device, you can use it with this plan. Officially, you can use this plan with any mobile internet device (not devices with voice capability).

    I do not believe your setup would work with this plan on an iPhone.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmotk View Post
    Has this fact been confirmed. Retentions months ago said I can keep this match data at my current $10 cost as long as I want so this notice looked like a price increase to me. But if discount is permanent then it's not an increase, provided the $20 is before the $10 discount is applied. Did you or anyone call in to confirm discount and net price after discount?
    Yes, this has been confirmed.

    All Mobile Broadband plans get a $10 Mobile Broadband Discount with a voice line on the account.

    I have confirmed this with Retentions and Executive Resolutions.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    634
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just checked my account and I have this under pending changes for all five data lines.


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,546
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    As long as T-Mobile does not recognize the device, you can use it with this plan. Officially, you can use this plan with any mobile internet device (not devices with voice capability).

    I do not believe your setup would work with this plan on an iPhone.
    I can confirm this sim does not work in an iPhone. I even tried to use it in Spain on one from the Apple Store there and T-Mobile still knew what it was as soon as it registered to Movistar
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have confirmed with T-Mobile you can add Data Stash to the new $20 5GB MI plan. As soon as the new plan is active on your account, call into customer care (or message T-Force) to have them add the 'Data Stash Identifier Mobile Internet' to your new $20 5GB MI plan.

    So this plan has gotten much better from what was included in the past.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    220
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I have confirmed with T-Mobile you can add Data Stash to the new $20 5GB MI plan. As soon as the new plan is active on your account, call into customer care (or message T-Force) to have them add the 'Data Stash Identifier Mobile Internet' to your new $20 5GB MI plan.

    So this plan has gotten much better from what was included in the past.
    Wrong info. Cant have data stash on this.. Unless u got some exception ro they messed up ur line without telling u..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by note2012 View Post
    Wrong info. Cant have data stash on this.. Unless u got some exception ro they messed up ur line without telling u..
    Here's the proof. I have also verified the information with Retentions/Executive Resolutions
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    220
    Feedback Score
    0
    Suspect they gave you wrong info. Mine was switched 2 days ago and they can't do it...Others have confirmed as well. So let's see but I doubt..

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    I talked with Corp store rep.
    Yes, data stash is included with this transferred data only line.



    Optimum/Cablevision

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is anybody received $10 discount on that 5Gb data plan for being voice customer?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Match phone data up to 5gb for iPad
    By Luisn88 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 06:03 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 12:51 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:20 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:25 PM

Bookmarks