Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: $10 Match Phone Data being migrated to $20 5GB NA MI plan

Feedback Score

$10 Match Phone Data being migrated to $20 5GB NA MI plan

Just a heads up but T-Mobile is finally migrating those on the $10 Match Phone Data Mobile Internet plan to the $20 5GB Simple Choice North America plan. These plans are being migrated automatically by the system, so if you have more than one of these plans on your account, they may not all change at the same time. This process will take a few months but eventually all these plans will be migrated.

This plan will qualify for the $10 Mobile Internet discount, so the net cost will remain at $10 per month.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's great that they are including binge on unlimited video streaming and clearly stating it there. I know there was some confusion when they first rolled it out if the 5GB match plans would include it since they stated it would be only included on 6GB and higher data only plans.
    $25 Cricket Wireless Signup Bonus

Cricket offers a $25 referral credit for new subscribers who are referred by another user. Simply use the link above to claim your bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole View Post
    That's great that they are including binge on unlimited video streaming and clearly stating it there. I know there was some confusion when they first rolled it out if the 5GB match plans would include it since they stated it would be only included on 6GB and higher data only plans.
    I agree. T-Mobile is definitely making this plan more attractive by including Binge On and also including high-speed data access in Canada and Mexico.

It does not say anything in the plan description, but I wonder if this plan will now include Data Stash since the plan is being upgraded to officially include the Binge On feature. I would assume no but I will let the forum know if this plan includes Data Stash as soon as I get confirmation.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    Just a heads up but T-Mobile is finally migrating those on the $10 Match Phone Data Mobile Internet plan to the $20 5GB Simple Choice North America plan. These plans are being migrated automatically by the system, so if you have more than one of these plans on your account, they may not all change at the same time. This process will take a few months but eventually all these plans will be migrated.

This plan will qualify for the $10 Mobile Internet discount, so the net cost will remain at $10 per month.
    It also happens on mine.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Normally 5gb tablet plan does not exist right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Before the introduction of Simple Choice North America, T-Mobile did have a 5GB Mobile Internet plan. The cost of the 5GB Mobile Internet plan was $40 per month but the plan had a $10 Mobile Internet discount if you had a voice line, bringing the net cost to $30 per month.

So for those of us on the $10 Match Phone Data plan, we are gaining the North America perks for no cost increase.

If this plan includes Data Stash, I would be surprised, however, according to the Data Stash plan qualifications, any North America data plan with 3GB of high-speed data or more qualifies for Data Stash.

Feedback Score
    Are tablets the the only things that can be used on the 5gb Data Match plan? How about mobile hotspots and wearables?

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Are tablets the the only things that can be used on the 5gb Data Match plan? How about mobile hotspots and wearables?
    I've used a hotspot and a Chromebook.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    On the Data Match plan, you can use tablets, mobile hotspots, and unrecognized cell phones that are not in T-Mobile's database to access the web and send/receive text messages. I have tried all these devices with my Data Match SIM and all work perfectly with this plan.

I have not attempted to place a Data Match plan SIM into a branded T-Mobile cell phone or wearable. I would guess you cannot place a data only SIM into a branded T-Mobile cell phone or wearable without some sort of hiccup from the system (unless the wearable was not T-Mobile branded and not in the system).

I know you cannot make or receive regular cell phone calls with the Data Match plan but you can always use an app to place/receive calls over VOIP.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Some unlocked phone works as well.
    I used it with Sony Xperia Z Ultra, C5 Ultra, and now XA Ultra.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I guess this is good for people that matched tiers less than 5GB.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I agree. T-Mobile is definitely making this plan more attractive by including Binge On and also including high-speed data access in Canada and Mexico.

It does not say anything in the plan description, but I wonder if this plan will now include Data Stash since the plan is being upgraded to officially include the Binge On feature. I would assume no but I will let the forum know if this plan includes Data Stash as soon as I get confirmation.
    Thing is my Data Match plan already included Mexico and Canada.. BingeON also "worked" even though it was technically not supported.

Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    Yeah, we must have different versions of the same Match plan. My plan never included high-speed data in Canada and Mexico.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, we must have different versions of the same Match plan. My plan never included high-speed data in Canada and Mexico.
    They updated the plan about halfway through last year to a NA option, you just had to call and have it swapped.

Feedback Score

New plan doesn't mention unlimited international texting though, just web access. Oversight?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast