Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rip ron

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    Dear lord, you still can't set custom forwards if you use Rogers Voicemail. It's 2010 all over again.
    This is the innovations that your rate increases are going to pay for.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    So call forwarding to US goes back to 55c/min without a North America plan

EDIT: Yup, Rogers has moved Ring my numbers to Unison

Name:  5-ring-my-numbers.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  33.2 KB

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Huh... I wonder if we'll be charged for Unison? I have a couple of lines which had simultaneous ring set up when RON was shut down.
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Simulring on Ron no longer works for me as of Feb 2. (as expected)

Unison is 15$/month and only for business lines. Perhaps I wan't clear above; RON is shut down forever and Unison is where some of that technology has been recycled to. It's not free.

And I had to turn off Rogers VM just to get legacy conditional call forwarding

Feedback Score
    Does legacy conditional call forwarding still trigger roaming charges if your phone rings but you don't answer while roaming?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so, that would be stupid.

Wouldn't be surprised if it charges the 5$ on your share everything roaming though :P

Feedback Score
    I don't think so, that would be stupid.

Wouldn't be surprised if it charges the 5$ on your share everything roaming though :P

Except on a "loyalty" corporate plan that doesn't include roam like home, so I'd probably get charged more than $5 plus not be able to use my phone for the day.

Actually, now that I think of it, what I recall is that in the old days if you used conditional call forwarding (as opposed to unconditional forwarding) to anything other than Rogers voicemail, you'd be charged roaming rates for the time the call was active while forwarding. If it rang and you didn't pick up you wouldn't be charged, but the forwarding meant it would always get "picked up" by forwarding and you'd get hit with the roaming charges. Only if you turned off your phone so it never rang and went directly to the forwarded number would you not get hit by roaming. But I have no idea if any of that still applies today.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I remember seeing threads of this nature. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...g-Implications

I would hope that things have changed; it simply makes no sense to charge people any kind of roaming for call fowarding. Sounds like something they could never get to stick if you refuse to pay for it.

According to this fido page, roaming applies http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/...all-forwarding

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm heavily considering moving to the SmallBiz 80$ BYOD 4GB. It includes Unison. 80$ for 4gb isn't the worst plan in the world.

Not sure if I'd be losing anything compared to having a consumer account. I assume I can keep free NHL GamecenterLive and I'm still protected by the wireless code for data overages and roaming.

Once I get fed up of paying 80$/month I'll port to a data-only plan, with call forwarding to 2nd prepaid phone.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    I'm heavily considering moving to the SmallBiz 80$ BYOD 4GB. It includes Unison. 80$ for 4gb isn't the worst plan in the world.

Not sure if I'd be losing anything compared to having a consumer account. I assume I can keep free NHL GamecenterLive and I'm still protected by the wireless code for data overages and roaming.

Once I get fed up of paying 80$/month I'll port to a data-only plan, with call forwarding to 2nd prepaid phone.
    The wireless code does not cover business lines at this time.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I believe that small businesses, as well as corporate plans where there employee's is responsible for paying the bill, are both covered.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/10/08/cr...ise-contracts/

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Signed up for Unison - works as expected for simultaneous Ring.

They also have an option called "Dual Persona" where you can set different outgoing caller IDs. Although, this appears to be only for telephone numbers within Rogers. They'll give you free DIDs if you want them, but you can't spoof Caller IDs for 3rd party phones that you own.

Also includes voicemail-to-email.

My only complaint is the lack of control over # Rings to Voicemail, seems to be locked at 4. I don't remember what it was set to with Rogers One Number.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4